Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a Point on the Removed Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find it very telling, that we have had pages worth of complaints and worry about there removal of a pinpoint in where players are.

This is telling, because it proves that the ones complaining have not even taken the time to log in, but will happily spend hours arguing in threads over what should and shouldn't be done with a game they apparently cannot be bothered to log into.

So, I'd ask that if you intend to complain about the game, make sure it's a game you're actually playing, otherwise, Why create hate and conflict over something you literally do not use?
^^ I'm having a beer. This man also deserves a beer. Here, have a beer.
Yeah i agree to this or it is infact the people who use the system on the player list to find the enemy. What system they are in specifically. How many they are and so on. So it is infact metagaming . This is a good thing from the team. Keep it up and agreed this man needs a beer.
first of all
> mods not doing their goddamn job of cleaning the thread and instead choosing to close it while there is legitimate discussion inside
good job
very good job guys (clap)

Quote:This is telling, because it proves that the ones complaining have not even taken the time to log in, but will happily spend hours arguing in threads over what should and shouldn't be done with a game they apparently cannot be bothered to log into.

[6:16 PM] Corile: desu after thinking logically about the playerlist changes for literally 5 seconds i came to the conclusion that this is going to have the exact reverse effect than what people wanted it to have
[6:16 PM] Corile: > petitioner playing huniepop
[6:16 PM] Corile: lol
[6:16 PM] Corile: but anyway
[6:17 PM] Corile: before i used to look at the playerlist, i would sort it by systems, see if there's anything going on in the systems that concern me and would log for rp or pvp, whatever was fitting
[6:18 PM] Corile: especially if it would be a large group of indies
[6:19 PM] Corile: now it's just look at the playerlist, sort it by name, look at the faction tags, see if there's anyone i want to shoot, either log or do something else
[6:21 PM] Corile: if there were a group of indies in gamma i wouldn't log because they are in a mystical land called hispania, they could be some random outcast noobs (which in my experience is a lot more common than sair noobs)
[6:22 PM] Corile: if there were a pew between some untagged people in liberty i wouldn't know because for all i knew they could just be indy traders thrown around 8 systems
[6:23 PM] Corile: this is undoing what the guard system culls and reduction of gallia was supposed to create - fewer systems and ease of pinpointing where people are
[6:24 PM] Corile: also some people in that thread think that most people play disco to fly around the same empty systems looking for player interaction for hours
[6:25 PM] Corile: dude i have 11 thousand hours into this game do you really think i can be bothered to look at the same systems over and over without puking
[6:25 PM] Corile: ehh
[6:25 PM] Corile: i swear to god
[6:25 PM] Corile: /rant
[6:26 PM] Corile: oh there's a new thread about it
[6:26 PM] Corile: i guess i'm gonna post this there(edited)

Bottom line: since I'm an extremely abrasive player who only logs into the game for pvp I will now instead of sorting the list by systems sort it by player names, look at the faction tags which I want to target and proceed to log the conveniently closest freelancer IDed ship to find that tagged ship and shoot him down, while he will be certainly glad i was just some random indie snub and he was totally not subject to a horrible act of shadowlogging and metagaming /s
Beer approved.

It's a disadvantage for PvP-logging people without TLAGSNET support or scouts. Everyone else will benefit from it, though. Smugglers, traders, RP-loggers. On the other hand, it should be easy for certain factions to find PvP encounters, once they enter enemy territory. Or, well, Conn.
Another thing I think could be changed is how it is being displayed. Independent Worlds or Border Worlds are way too many systems, same with OC - Sair space. Also put Conn finally in there as Lost Sector like it should be.

Without systems there could atleast be areas such as Sigmas, Taus, Maltese space, Cretan space, Omegas, Omicrons being shown.
(12-20-2016, 06:34 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]It's a disadvantage for PvP-logging people without TLAGSNET support or scouts. Everyone else will benefit from it, though. Smugglers, traders, RP-loggers. On the other hand, it should be easy for certain factions to find PvP encounters, once they enter enemy territory. Or, well, Conn.
I don´t understand what TLAGSNET or scouts have to do with this. To use them, you need to log ingame. But when you are ingame, you can directly use player list with exact systems. Alley stated already that ingame player list will stay as it is, thus player´s locations still will be there with exact systems.

Well, players can always log for two minutes in game and check in which system exactly the activity is going on. I would say that your PC setup which requires rebooting just for playing FL is really rare thing.
With how it currently is, you are right. I'm however talking about the way it should be, as especially you should know how unattractive playing police characters currently is, while the player list shows in what systems people are, and experienced players usually know where the hot spots in a system are. And then the home systems usually have a well placed trade lane network where you just need a few minutes to find the enemy battlegroup. Getting rid of the metagame list is one step to have people log TLAGSNET-characters more, or to have PvP-focused people less logging.

As I just wrote in a PM with another person, the probably best compromise is making it regional, as people still know where to look and the others feel a bit more save.
Well, couldn't say I didn't see someone finally about to comment on the lock.

First of all, Prot, I did it so it wouldn't continue. And in due time, when I wouldn't be hassling with 2-3 things like juggling them back and forth that is. One requiring me to switch my focus entirely to another entire field and in my own native language as well, one more making me have to get off my seat to do things around the house. I had my own stuff to deal with and did it simply as a safe stop, temporarily. I'd like if you didn't go wander off to another thread simply to vent like a stampede. Metaphorical sense intended towards the pure rush of things.
Also, might want to change the plural into a singular. It wasn't the work of "mods", rather just me at the spur of the moment. Thank you.

I can go unlock it pretty much right now as I'm more or less done with my own problems on my own backyard.
(12-20-2016, 07:03 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]With how it currently is, you are right. I'm however talking about the way it should be, as especially you should know how unattractive playing police characters currently is, while the player list shows in what systems people are, and experienced players usually know where the hot spots in a system are.

If I have no way to tell where people are I will do one of two things:
-Not bother to log at all because as it is with ~ 50 players online I still have a hard time finding worthwhile encounters.
-Camp New York whenever I log.

I'm all for removing systems if we still had a population that meant there's almost 100% chance that at least 1-2 other people is in your system, but with 50 people online and peaks of 80 I've spend a good portion of my flight time doing nothing but aimless flying from system to system.
Pages: 1 2