Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sundiving NPCs for easy remains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the recent days, I noticed something that drew my attention. Most nomad players already were aware of it, but the NPCs spawned in Zone_ST06_Lair (the area around the Ravine in Omicron Psi) have a tendency to sundive.

[Image: XxUtgVN.png]

The two suns are so close to the Ravine and the marduk spawn area, that they usually sundive, as the suns' death zones are overlapping with the spawn area. I suggest putting the suns a bit further away from it.

The problem with this is, the nomads are going to drop their remains there, and especially the bigger remains are a bit more durable than other things that burn away instantly after the death of the ship. And here we go, some idiots are trying to abuse that fact. I noticed a couple of people using nomad-ish names were idling in Psi not only often but also long. While I know neither the nomad ID nor the nomad trial ID have a tractor beam, the guy I found there using a nomad gunboat on a nomad trial ID had a number of remains in his cargo, which obviously can only be done when another guy traded those to them. Funny enough, short time later a Zoner Neph came around, flying to the nomad gunboat which did nothing when I attacked the Neph.

Conspiracy? I think we have a 'new' trend on the server and definitely should avoid having sundiving marduks. People make cheap nomad accounts and make sure NPCs spawn, they go sundive and some cloaked human player gathers the remains. And when the human player for some reason is about to die, he just trades the nomad remains to the nomad player, to secure them. The way this nomad trial gunboat was situated close to the sun's death zone is pretty much supporting this.

Even if that was not the case in this situation, the suns need to be moved away from the spawn zone. Outside the ravine nebula do only Irras spawn, so if they sundive, it's not big deal.

52m44s
You got this wrong.
Two sun ain't the factors.

Quote:The problem with this is, the nomads are going to drop their remains there, and especially the bigger remains are a bit more durable than other things that burn away instantly after the death of the ship.
They will get insta-destroyed when the marduks die.

This is how they are doing:

Because marduks don't always spawn in specific location, and if you get surrounded by 4 or 5 Irras, you die, there could be a way to find nom BS.
- Make a nomad char flying around Ravine. Find a flying NPC Marduk.
- Inform a friend Zoner or Outcast BS the location ( Outcast got -0.9 rep with nomads)
- The Zoner or Outcast BS will cloak to avoid NPCs on the way then fly to that location, fire at will to marduk. Generally the BS will die because marduks are too strong.
- But the marduk won't disappear or regenerate its health if there is a player around, so the nomad char will continue following that damaged duk.
- The BS continue to suicide attack that duk till they get the remain. The BS tractor it and transfer to nomad char.
- Repeat the first step until they're bore or server get populated ( less NPCs).
- Transfer remains from nomad char to storage.
Is that supposed to make it better? A Nomad ID, or Trial ID player taking remains and giving it to someone is still really ooRP.
(12-22-2016, 08:53 AM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Is that supposed to make it better? A Nomad ID, or Trial ID player taking remains and giving it to someone is still really ooRP.

That isn't better or worse. I just mean, if you want to report bug, you need correct information. Assuming they are doing ooRP won't help fixing bug.
Quote:They will get insta-destroyed when the marduks die.

Nope, they will not. The remains have more hitpoints, especially the nomad battleship remains. They will not instantly die in the sun's killzone and I even have video proof on that. For example, you only need one CD to kill most of the other commodities, but multiple CDs to kill nomad remains.

Maybe they do it the way you described it, but I guess it's more the way I described it. The thing is, even sundiving marduks will lose their shields from sundiving after a good amount of minutes, but when that happens, it's burning quickly (Once you are without a shield, radiation/sunburn is way stronger. That's why people don't cloak small ships in zones with dangerous radiation)

I'm however still watching this happening and collected a few names that, for some reason, are following a certain pattern of naming. Yesterday when I watched it happen, the nomad (Bio'Sinth, a Nammu) didn't dare to decloak when I was around however didn't leave for quite a while and didn't respond inRP. I know however he was there as I was hearing his cloak sound. That went on for quite a while. I'll watch this in future even more, though.
About this theres one similar issue not so drastic. when BS ship group spawns near planet it is possible to bump them to crash on it and tractor its content. But if you dont do so, or leave some, that content stays in space so other NPC ships that spawn try to close by to tractor them but got killed from planet crash too, and leave the loot again. And whole cycle repeats. No need to say that player can fist that way all along.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is rather amusing since I believe the last person to work on the system was , so unless he was secretly conspiring against his own faction I'm pretty sure this is just an oversight.
(12-22-2016, 01:34 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is rather amusing since I believe the last person to work on the system was , so unless he was secretly conspiring against his own faction I'm pretty sure this is just an oversight.

A better conspiracy theory would be to conspire against stupidity that is the usage of remains. This at least has some semblance of a valid intent. Reality of course is that my redesigned version of o-99 wasn't used anyway.
Can you send me the redesigned version? I'd love to see it. Smile
Yeah, Sounds like something the could use a fix could also fall under the rule "Abusing Game Exploits"
Pages: 1 2