Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A diary like many else...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

[14/01/822]
I don't know... I don't know how I could start with this... there are so much things to discover and to write here but... I don't know how starting...

Let's do so: I left the Planet Eire and started my life as explorer, curious about what happen out of my home... or at least, my ex-home, since I sold everything to take a ship license and some stuff to bring with me. Not right because I'm poor but firstly I knew that my new life will bring me to other worlds and various reasons to settle my new home to another part. Secondly I like ships more light than very heavy fighters avaiable in market but I can't control liiiiighter fighters so, in few words I like Heavy fighters!

[Image: 20ssu84.png]
Goodbye Erie, maybe I'll come back!

Let's begin this adventure! I know that there will be many dangers. I'll be prudent...

[16/01/822]
First day on space. Ok, it was yesterday but there wasn't much of interested. Pennsylvania System is so... "Boring". Miner activity in Ralston ice field, various patrols and always the same people. Where is the... action?
Ok ok, I don't want to looking for troubles so fast! But I thought that there would be particular things immediately! I mean... beh...
What Am I writing? Stop now! Think, Carl, Think!
I heard about various heroes of the space! My favourite is Trent, Edison Trent. Ok, They know him all and it's normal to nominate him as "Hero". He managed to defeat a great threat, though I wanted to study about these hostiles beings! What else? I heard about other heroes like he but... I don't remember...

[20/01/822]
"Let's do this! Let's explore the whole Liberty!" aaaand here I am. First New York, this time I saw many police patrols than these in Pennsylvania. What happens? Are they returned? Is there a dangerous fugitive? Ok, I'm starting to worry...
Calm down! Then... ah, I had to earn some money, no, I'm not poor... but at last I must earn something to eat, right? Kill some criminals helps me to calm me. But I don't wanna be a police man, I want to be free. I want to explore, discover more things, I'm so Curious. Let's see what will happen in future...

[02/02/822]
"Hey freelancer!"
"Yes?"
"You are good with heavy fighters but I think that your loadout is not well."
"What do you mean?"
"A heavy fighter is more agile and fast! Why have you mounted so slow guns?"
"Ehm... aren't them powerful? Should I not destroy quickly my enemies?"
"Yes yes, but not like that! How much do you shoot them?"
"Ehm... sometime but... I managed to survive."
"Risking so much! Can I advise you something?"
"Yes?"
"I said a heavy fighter is more agile and fast! So you could mount some fast guns, If your aim is bad they'll help you a lot!"
"But I won't make more damage like before!"
"No! You will make it! You will have more time to dodge and to turn around the enemy to fire them with your guns! And you'll have more time to shoot him too! Your ship is made to be light and fast! Try to concentrate on those abilities!"
"Ok.... thanks for the advice!"
"You're welcome!"

This discussion will stay on my mind forever! Now... where could I find some good fast guns? I don't like flashpoints so much! For this I didn't mount them. I must think about this!

[13/02/822]
Finally! Now I'm ready! My account isn't bad, my ship is ready and now I could go further those local systems. I'll go to live in border world spaces, between Liberty and Rheinland. There are more news, rumors and informations about this. Beh, after some years of war between them those are good place to gain some informations!

[15/05/823]
What's the problem? Ah.... I don't write here from more time! No, no, I'm not dead! I simply visited 4 Planets! Firstly Hamburg. Yes, the place is not bad, also, I started to interest about Rheinland, so much that my new home is the Planet Houston, near the Liberty-Rheinland border worlds, second planet visited. This last is an.... "industrial planet", but with more technology secrets to "discover". I didn't saw so much industries with their production technology, mostly, the Deep Space Engineering manufacturing plants and their Nanocapacitor production industries! I did more questions about these.
To recover from planet pollution I visited Manhattan, similar to Erie. A good place also that! Finally I returned to Erie, my birthplace. Ok, let's return to the space again...

[09/06/823]
I thought that it was a simple day, instead... how can I explain...
I was in Hudson system, doing my job as freelancer, while I was following my target I noticed another ship that followed me from much time. Once done my job "He"... approached me.

[start audiolog]
+*Clapping slowly*Congratulations! I hadn't seen a similar performance so far.
-Who are you?
+My name hasn't importance, know that you're talking with anyone that will hear starting from now!
-Ehm... how could I call you?
+Call me... "Wreckter"
-You? Are you the guy of California Minor?
+If you heard my message then you know what I want to ask you, freelancer!
-But... I don't want a... permanent job. I'm interested in other things besides fighting.
+Oh, but you'll be free like now, explorer! I spied on you in all this time. You are more curious about this world! Do you know? I'm interested about guys like you! I could need your help!
-My help? In what sense?
+You know, for a good company you need a good knowledge! You could help me to gain some information about this world! Don't you like it?
-Oh yes! I like explore and discover new things!
+Perfect! You could be my first member of the company. You will do another job in this system. I'll see if this wasn't a fluke!
-Then?
+Then, you will be our! You will fly where you want to recruit adventureers and make contracts! And remember! You will have free time to do what you want!
-Good! I'll try...
+You MUST do it!
-Ehm.... ok
[end audiolog]

I believe that I'm passing a point of no return...

[10/06/823]
[start audiolog]
-I've done what you wanted.
+I saw it, good! You are a good pilot!
-Now? Will I be part of your company?
+Not so fast! You must do another thing?
-Which?
+Repeat with me the oath! "I swear allegiance of my new family!"
-W-what?
+REPEAT!
-Ehm...ok...ehm... I swear allegiance of my new family!
+Are you really sure?
-Apologize me, you talked so quickly
+Ok ok... "I swear allegiance of my new family!"
-I swear allegiance of my new family!"
+"Any friend or enemy of the family will be my friend or enemies!"
-Any friend or enemy of the family will be my friend or enemies!
+"I won't betray my brothers and my sisters and I won't be cinical with my new family!"
-I won't betray my brothers and my sisters and I won't be cinical with my new family!
+"...Because they welcomed me with love and respect!"
-...Because they welcomed me with love and respect!
+"And it's a sin to biting the hand that feeds you!"
-And it's a sin to biting the hand that feeds you!
+"...or to act against who respects you!"
-...or to act against who respects you!

+Very well! When you want you will reach me at rochester base in New York. You are an Auxilian!
-Ehm... thanks
+See you, Carl Benson.
-Bye ehm.... Wreckter...
[end audiolog]

I haven't words... let's hope that he will have said the truth! I love to discover, not always fighting!

[11/07/823]
That guy, "Wreckter" contacted me. He told me that he has a good proposal for me... alright, let's see what he want to say...

I opened the door of his room, he was waiting me. "Good day, Mr. Benson"
"Ehm... hi!" I answer. I was expecting about a sudden ask but he gave me the time to say another thing: "So? What's the problem?"
"The problem? No, I haven't problems... I just want that you make for me some service. You like explore, right?" I wanted to say yes but this time he didn't give me the time to say that.
"Yes, ok. Then you might be happy if you could find something for me and continue to spread words about our company. It's like if I delegate you my orders, like if I give you the "Representative" title of the company. Or Do I wrong?"
I wanted to ask why this decision but... "Don't ask me why this decision!"
"Alright, what do you want I search for you?"
"Technology!" He said. "All what could give to ours knowledge, adaptation, progress! You could start with some machines like artificial intelligences, there are of these in those areas..."
I stood there trying to understand why he wanted those things just now... but what I could say was "Ok... I'll try to do this..."
"Very well!" he said happily and he came back into another room, "I'll see you later, make sure to close the door"
Oh... so... I closed the door and gone away... strange guy. Now I'm here to... do my "free time", I do even a favor to my... leader if I wanted to call it.
Wreckter... that weird name...

[05/03/824]
In those days my cargo is always full of copper ore. Looks like that "Wreckter" is overdoing with this story of the DSE contract. When they said it "You can use our copper mine field in Kansas for your profits too" he did of all to pass the vote to move every member in Kansas and they immediately accepted. We became a "mining company". Nobody is threating the DSE's operations there but we must be careful the same. Meanwhille we can mine and earn money on our behalf... we seem leeches.
With all that copper ore in every mercenary's cargo I spoke with another AC guy. I don't know excatly who is... she, yeah, the only thing I know is just she's female. No body, no name, no age (Judging by her voice she could be 19....20?) just a strange CODEname... why a nebulae name!? Is she passionate in astronomy? Wow if it's so a new friendship could arise... I never ask about that. Ah, and she's not a robot too, even though it seemed...
[Image: g8RWseT.jpg]
"She"

Sincerely I feel calm and "protected" when she speak to me, I don't know why but I'm sure that it does NOT love. Also, at the same time I fear... like I was talking with a strange entity... why don't they want to show their faces here? Calm down, calm down. Life is so luxurious here... I'd like to talk with other mercenaries on the future... like the other woman... Lance...

[07/03/824]
There's nobody here. No friends, no enemies. Good! I could return to my free time, like explore the world around me. I did it in most part of Kansas but there was a particular thing I didn't want to explore.
[Image: FcH615M.jpg]
That!

[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/LZbXlWr.jpg?2[/img]This time I had the time and the courage to explore that nebulae. That colours and atmosphere scare me, but it's time to know until the end my fears! I entered. The place is creepy, there aren't weird hided stations, just..... a wreck and... a Gate? What should I do? Enter? o not? That portal seems damaged, it couldn't execute a good jump procedure, maybe with big ships, maybe mine could do it... or not? I flipped a coin, rolled a dice, they said that I had to jump, to do it for the science and curiosity! I did it and.... I didn't know where I am. NavMap gone, Radiation damage detected, scanners didn't spot anything! I panicked! Some minutes later I thought I found the good way, just follow some landmark, like that asteroid field and that planet so far. I did it but another thing appeared before my cockpit, what now I call it "Space alien". Thinking that some horrible thing could happen I went away from that thing and I reached the planet. [img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/IiIpdq4.jpg?2[/img] I saw strange trade lanes, like built from other entities who are not of Sirius, or human... the radiation damage did worrying damage on my ship's hull and when I saw a jump hole I jumped it without hesitation. Same emotions but this time the ship' systems worked. They spotted me two neutral station. Finally! Civilization!
My discoveries from that moment aren't so much weird. I mapped all systems that they brought me to home. I Sent everything I discovered (from that strange world to the final map of Kansas) to "Wreckter", it could be useful to him and for the company. I feel proud to done that tour, but next time more curiosity than fear!

[15/05/824]
There wasn't anything of interest in these days... my cargo that stinks of Copper ore, the calm system, oh wait! No. This time it's not so easy anymore like before. The DSE told to the Auxilia Coalition that the Outcasts have the intent to attack the Lansing Logistical Hub and I realized it when I found an outcast travelling around Kansas... the troubles are (finally, beh... for a bit more of adrenaline!) coming... so far nothing wrong for my ship. We're also continuing to earn more...

It's a pleasure to find another mercenary group that wants to collaborate with us. This is what "Wreckter" said me and he showed me the communication too. I had the occasion to meet a their member and he told me that the situation seemed clear. They tried to attack the base but they managed to defend it, but I think that this is just the begin... and we haven't the ships to satisfy the contractor! Damnt! If Wreckter would hurry to convince the Forlorn Hope to join in the Mercenary Council...
[Image: JbaVOar.jpg?1]
The Forlorn Hope member.

[start audiolog]
[15.05.2017 18:53:03] {AC}=Carl.Benson: *static*
[15.05.2017 18:53:30] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Hey hey
[15.05.2017 18:53:34] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Hi!
[15.05.2017 18:53:43] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Why not an eagle?
[15.05.2017 18:53:51] {AC}=Carl.Benson: I like heavy fighters
[15.05.2017 18:54:02] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: You should get an upgrade then.
[15.05.2017 18:54:19] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Try a Marauder, or a Kingfisher.
[15.05.2017 18:54:34] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Well, so far this agile ship managed to make a outcast escape...
[15.05.2017 18:54:34] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Or even a Tigershark.
[15.05.2017 18:54:58] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: All of the ones I mentioned are as manouverable or more agile than the Falcon.
[15.05.2017 18:54:59] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Do you think they are better than this ship?
[15.05.2017 18:55:08] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: And they have more firepower.
[15.05.2017 18:55:13] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Oh....
[15.05.2017 18:55:26] {AC}=Carl.Benson: I didn't know that...
[15.05.2017 18:55:30] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: The Falcons a good ship, but there are better ones
[15.05.2017 18:55:46] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Well, thank you for the advice.
[15.05.2017 18:56:24] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Any time man. I'm partial to the Marauder myself. Its razor thin, and stylish. Never mind that it has 6 guns forwards as well
[15.05.2017 18:56:46] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Ah...
[15.05.2017 18:58:04] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Man, nothings happening today.
[15.05.2017 18:58:52] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Yeah... all clear
[15.05.2017 18:58:58] {AC}=Carl.Benson: I heard that they tried it...
[15.05.2017 18:59:09] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: They did. We put them down.
[15.05.2017 18:59:16] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Alright, nothing to do here...
[15.05.2017 18:59:21] {AC}=Carl.Benson: Good
[15.05.2017 18:59:23] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Stay safe Carl.
[15.05.2017 18:59:29] {AC}=Carl.Benson: You too
[15.05.2017 18:59:33] Forlorn|-Nick,Stenn: Will do.
[end audiolog]

He wanted to give me a small advice, good! I will see about that after all this will be finished.

[09/06/824]
Hmmm... Wreckter said me that the DSE must still respond to the new contract to make, so this means "free time" to me!
Looking around the Libery worlds, or what he started to call it.. "Moore sector", I continue to ask me what are these bases in Kansas and who is their owner, especially when their names are so weird...
Let's go to New York. Hm... the Forlorn Hope seems to be more active there, seen that we've some contact with their (As Wreckter said me) I liked to talk with their.. but seemed they were busy, and then... in less time a mess started. All thanks to 3 guys. Since it looked like that they had some problem to the brain I escaped immediately. Oh, if this diary would go to someone else, yes! You can call me "coward"! Ok enough! I SAID ENOUGH! I KNOW HOW TO USE AN EAGLE AND I WILL DESTROY YOU! Ups! Who am I talking? Beh, let's continue.
[Image: nBQPCBn.jpg]
Before the mess...

Free time is equal to my favourite hobby: The discoveries, the researches and the explorations! Making me a bit of courage I returned to that scary system and first of all, that animal looked like harmless. Secondly I found other strange structures, harmless that too. What are they? What's their purpose of existence? Ok, stop philosophical questions. You're tired, Carl!
[Image: DHEw0au.jpg]
The strange structures

[09/06/824]
[Image: UmiEemi.png]
Since the DSE operations are continuing well and my passion is that of exploring could help some future ambushes I wanted to proceed to some exploration around Vespucci system and this time I think to have exaggerated.
Yes! This time I mapped the entire Drake system and I found something of much interesting besides strange guys who tried to kill me. If I remember "Wreckter" warned me about those dangerous spaces.[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/flFBxVs.png?1[/img] I found also something of interesting, maybe for the Auxilia Coalition business. I found an unknown inactive station, it could be useful to settle a, I think provvisonal, headquarter. Despite the location it hasn't strange surveys, looks like just abandoned after the construction and maybe I know the reason. Yeah! There's indeed a Problem. It's more distant from the nearest civilized area where we could ask for help since the system is full of nomads and infected, and talking of infected, I managed to obtain one of those weapons, according to me, interesting to study, since the leader is passionate about scientific researchs. "NGC" was interested about that but "Wreckter" not so much... at the same time he asked me to preserve it for future researchs, and speaking of that, god damnt! We had almost close for a research collaboration but the interested partner lost his interest, disappearing also into Liberty space, or what the leader started to call it, "Fowler sector". Mah! It happens, but so far I don't know what to do now. I almost discovered all About Liberty and I would like to go over but the actual contract doesn't permits to me to go to more places...

[Image: VikhjUf.png]

[14/10/824]
[Image: Qpia3g7.jpg]
Nah, another boring day. I discovered all around West Liberty spaces and now the DSM can take advantage of this to choose better destinations for their trades. Returning to that system where I found that Alien technology is not funny like some crazy guy says, I could get infected by something like those, but no. I can survive on that spaces. But there's who is paranoid until the marrow and that's the Hellfire legion, but also that Auxilia... no wait, Auxesia... umpf...
They immediately stopped me and demanded all alien cargo I had. Well, it wasn't a problem; I have already got what I need,
the problem is they had going to shot me altrough I was fine and they risked to not believing me. What the...? Where's the confidence to the neighbor? Are we all infected? Mah, they brought me at a clinical to test my integrity and, betting too, I was negative to the "Infection tests". Oh finally, I'm free! I don't know if return to Drake system because I can find similar guy around there. Meh, better to return to home and to wait next "Wreckter" orders. Speaking of him, where's he? Why does it take so much time in California Minor? And WHERE IS "NGC"? I'm worried... and alone...

Pages: 1 2