Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: White textures & blurry navmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone, so I'm having a bit of technical difficulty with some textures that has been an on-going issue. There is so far a certain base whose texture is all white and its clear I'm missing some stuff. The other issue is that my navmap texture is extremely blurry, and this has been on-going for a few months now. I first noticed this happened after during the summer I installed the Swag pack textures then decided to remove them. Since then I have been unable to fix this. Here is an album of the issues I am having White textures & blurry navmap. I came across these two threads which seemed to of shared my problem but there was no clear cut solution http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=117041 and http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=124928

What I've done try to solve it is
  • Run it in compatibility mode
  • Re-installed 2x both FL and Disco, and installed Disco in two different folders
  • Tried overwriting disco with a back up I had prior to the swag pack installation
  • restarted my computer
  • Ensured that I have the latest drivers
  • Ran the game in admin mode.

Yet nothing worked. I am using a Radeon RX 480 if graphics card matters. I had assumed that perhaps a corrupt texture or the such from the swag pack left overs but re-installing freelancer 2x and disco in two different locations still did not fix the issue so I am at a loss. Should I post my FLSpew? Thanks for any help
It's a problem with newer AMD cards and some versions of Windows, or at least with their drivers.
Which version of Windows do you have?
I had the same issue with Win 7 and only upgrading to 10 fixed it. 8.1 might also work but I've never tried it.
(12-23-2016, 11:12 AM)Nerva Wrote: [ -> ]It's a problem with newer AMD cards and some versions of Windows, or at least with their drivers.
Which version of Windows do you have?
I had the same issue with Win 7 and only upgrading to 10 fixed it. 8.1 might also work but I've never tried it.

Prior I had a R9 270X around the time I first noticed, and since upgrading nothing has worsened nor improved. I am using WIn 7 SP1, but based on what I'm seeing, doesn't it seem more like some files are corrupted or continually misssing? Perhaps I am not uninstalling everything correctly and the game is still reading textures from a previous corrupted folder? See the way I "uninstall" is, I use the launcher uninstaller and then also use my CD's uninstaller for FL. Now I have made multiple discovery back up folders in the same parent directory (C:\), but that was for launchpad accounts or if the disco stuff went quirky but even overwriting the folder with a "pure" disco back up still did not seem to fix it.