Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Internal Comm, High Command Level
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Message Received
To: Communications Hub
Sender: Kommandant Steve Harlow
Origin: Bruchsal

823-12-21

Kommandant Harlow here.

I don't usually do things like this, but I feel that there are some uncomfortable realities we have got to face.
I'm not a trained accountant, but I've done alright for myself in the past, so I think I have at least a little bit of know-how in regards to our situation.
The way I see it, we're on financial and material life support. Goodwill gestures from sympathetic citizens, from ALG, from pro-Bundschuh Hessian subgroups, and a certain amount of raw trade profit from our transports adds up to a patchy network that just covers expenses. We have no industry, no production, no substantial information marketing. And the reason why I eventually landed here is the decline of the industrial sector in Liberty!
The bottom line is, we are barely breaking even. I don't think we can continue our work with no way of financing ourselves.
We don't have a job, so to speak. We don't have Hessian diamonds, Corsairs artifacts, or anything like that. And we don't have what almost all other state opposed groups have, which is what they take from others.

Some of you might not like what I'm about to say, but this isn't sustainable. We have plenty of ideological enemies with plenty of funds, the state-controlling corporations such as Daumann, Kruger and Samura. We were more assertive in the past, fighting more actively against the multinationals. Now it seems we've become toothless, happy with asking for a donation to pay for our tank, with no force to back up what we want ideologically.

I believe we are going to have to change that, whether we want to our not. I don't think our economic situation is sustainable. And I think we need to take a more active position in the struggle we're working for. Sitting back and relaxing while occasionally making strongly worded speeches clearly isn't working so well, and I didn't join this movement to do that. I wanted to fight for the rights of the individual and against the corporate domination of governments, in my home and in Rheinland as well.

I'm making a proposal for a change of policy here, and I hope you'll hear it out.

Establish a list of ideological and economic targets
We need to determine against who we can carry out actual strikes.
Organize raids against commercial targets in that list for profit
Nobody will want to hear this, but I say we have to both keep up pressure on ideological enemies and get another source of income. Robbing trade ships might not be pretty, but it's something we need to consider if we want to stay running.

I feel like we need to realistically and pragmatically look at our options here, and not just pretend everything's fine. I also feel like our people need more flight time, get the blood flowing again and our engines warm. I'm pretty sure we've got plenty of ships that need a proper dusting off to even be operational again.

I hope I can get some input here.

Harlow out.

End Message