Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Really cool idea if you ask me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about Unknown/Kansas systems. I remember back in the day, you needed to make Morph in order to start RP- ing your way to the "Home" and to mature in order to become full member of K'Hara.

One would have to go to Unknown to reach "Shrine" so he could buy Nomad Morph and Nomad Trial ID.

Why wouldn't we have Morph NPCs that have no guns, no equipment at all except CM maybe, Shields and Thruster, but are still hostile to everyone. In that way, Morphs will automaticaly, as they are hostile, come around you and fly around you. But I don't know if it is possible to make them stop following you at one point, for example, when you get from Gate/Base/Jumphole on about 7-10k? I mean for this idea, to be implemented around and in Unknown system. Like put really few, almost none around Penny jh, gate from which you come to unknown, a bit around The Shrine and on the other side of Kansas.

And set them yet few, not too much. I think that it would be cool ambient. Also, disable them to drop loot too in order to avoid exploiting that and is in center of Sirius. I mean, if you would accept this idea.
I totally forgot about this one. Opinions?
Sounds neat. Will take time, though and isn't an urgent fix, so who knows how far down in the list it will be?
Can be done, but as far as I remember, npcs retreat when they lose all their guns, dunno how they'll act without one. (fighter ai).
They can be assigned 'neutral' IFFs and given those 2.0 NPC guns, maybe. it could work that way as well
(02-23-2017, 04:24 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Can be done, but as far as I remember, npcs retreat when they lose all their guns, dunno how they'll act without one. (fighter ai).

Can you actually confirm this? Because if truth then, the idea won't work.

(02-23-2017, 04:27 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]They can be assigned 'neutral' IFFs and given those 2.0 NPC guns, maybe. it could work that way as well

Giving them guns will ruin the feel of Morphs, as my idea was to have them gathering around you and "learning" about you. The AI would act same as they would have guns, they would fly around you.
(02-23-2017, 05:01 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-23-2017, 04:24 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Can be done, but as far as I remember, npcs retreat when they lose all their guns, dunno how they'll act without one. (fighter ai).

even if that was so, can always add a dummy gun or change the ai.
(02-23-2017, 04:27 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]They can be assigned 'neutral' IFFs and given those 2.0 NPC guns, maybe. it could work that way as well

Giving them guns will ruin the feel of Morphs, as my idea was to have them gathering around you and "learning" about you. The AI would act same as they would have guns, they would fly around you.

the NPC gun part was an addendum to Nyx' comment about the ships attempting to flee when without weapons. the NPC guns would (will) most likley be something like 0 range, 0 refire, 0 damage, but just placeholders to prevent them from running.
(02-23-2017, 05:02 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]

even if that was so, can always add a dummy gun or change the ai.

(02-23-2017, 05:03 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]

the NPC gun part was an addendum to Nyx' comment about the ships attempting to flee when without weapons. the NPC guns would (will) most likley be something like 0 range, 0 refire, 0 damage, but just placeholders to prevent them from running.

This sounds good. Now all we need is someone to do this. I mean I have no knowledge in modding anything, but I believe this implementation wouldn't take much effort right?

All in all I believe this would be nice addition, yeah.
I don't think it would be that hard to implement. I mean, Spazzy has BigNomBoss Ish'tars, and guns can easily be put into the game. Just flash clone an existing gun, and change the stats to make it worthless, remove the projectile effect.

That would allow the Morph to 'follow' you (because its hostile and technically trying to kill your face to death). For the limits, that can be done, too. Ever wonder why Police/Navy NPCs stop following you if you are hostile, should you go too far away? NPCs don't stray from the assigned path that well. Only certain circumstances would change that (like .aifollow or trying to cargo scan someone).
So just assign the patrol path to end around the Jumpgate/jumphole.