Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New comer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I missed the game so completed SP again and I'm interested in playing Discovery for good. I read the rules but I'm not familiar how to start my character using ID's, commands in the game and how to launch the mod itself. If someone can point me to the right direction I would be thankful.
Welcome!

many of the commands can be looked at through the discovery wiki.

/help will give you the commands you seek.

A character's ID acts as their tractor beam. you can't go outside without one. you can read the laws of sirius to learn the lawfuls and some unlawful laws, but the id on the ship you buy in general tells you what you can and cannot do.

Sometimes there are people named [angels] on. they act as guides and if you need help, you can find them ingame and talk to them about your problems.

To launch the mod, you need the launcher itself. when you first get it, it'll make you an account where you can store up to 7 ships. but since it's your first, just hit launch and it should do everything for you
The memes... they are everywhere!! RUN!!

on a more serious note. Welcome, if you see 5th|LNS-Amenhotep online be sure to PM me. I'll help you out.
Welcome aboard captain!!

Usually im in Pennsylvania, giving a hand to all new comers. If no Angels around (even if they are hehehehe) you can contact me there for all your needs. My callsign is also Johnywalker... I will be sniffing Helium around Erie hahahaha.
Thanks for the welcome Johny.
I already made some credits but Im still wondering what should I do in this world. There is so much to choose, I dont even know what am I going to get with all the credits. Mining gets boring after awhile.
(12-30-2016, 11:06 PM)Tora Novi Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the welcome Johny.
I already made some credits but Im still wondering what should I do in this world. There is so much to choose, I dont even know what am I going to get with all the credits. Mining gets boring after awhile.

Hahaha, yes, for some people is not really interesting mining, but its just the beginning. When you reach 12 millions, you will have enough for to buy your first transport (mammoth, 2200 cargo, in New York, Manhattan) with that one you will can start to do some trade routes, the really good way for earn good money. When you have some millions... you will can be all you want!! Take a check in "/showrestarts" for all templates. You will can have more than one character in separate roleplays, so keep a trader for earn credits and others for explore/combat/Chill hahahaha. The posibilities are infinites!.

If you think you are rich... well, still several interesting things to do, just limited by your imagination!. Desploy a base is a good way for spend money and time in the task... but if you manage good, it will be a good way for SERIOUS bussiness.

"The universe finish when you decide it is finished"
Is there any section written about all factions and roleplays.
Example : I want to be a Liberty Rogue so what should I do correctly to be one.
Can I pirate transports alone in Liberty and all that stuff.
(01-01-2017, 04:03 PM)Tora Novi Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any section written about all factions and roleplays.

Take a check HERE for all factions threads. There you will find all you need hehe.

Anyway, you also can be an Indie one, just follow your ID restrictions. That will tell you what you can do and what not. Read RULES as well for to know the basic limitation and needs for pirating, like prior RPing need, reasonable demands (think on the cargo value and the sellpoint is a good thing)... those things hehehehe.
(01-01-2017, 04:03 PM)Tora Novi Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any section written about all factions and roleplays.

Specifically for Rogues you could try to dig up the old LR- info page if it still exists. Same for most other factions, just check the info pages in their official factions forum section.

Alternatively if there isn't anything on the forums, try the wiki.. though it is horribly outdated for a lot of stuff, so don't trust it that much.

Feel free to PM any [Angels] in game or people with white names on here, you can also ask me anything over PM, I'll try to answer the questions to the best of my ability.

ayy ninja
Thank you. Will have a read.
Pages: 1 2