Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Broken Infocards megathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While we all love our mod, as it's gone through the years, quality standards have increased, and some parts of the mod have slipped through the cracks. When it comes to infocards, the problem is especially notable; whether it's typos, lore inconsistencies, or something else, the developers do our best to bring everything up to code, but we aren't perfect. If you know of an infocard with issues, report it here and it'll be looked at either by myself personally or anyone else who gets to it first.

Note that any sort of infocard error can go here. Lore inconsistencies, minor typos, XML/formatting errors, planetary bodies which break the laws of physics (such as gas giants smaller than Earth, planets described as having dense atmospheres/high gravity yet with very low escape velocities), or incorrect stats on equipment (though I don't think there are any of these right now). Posts with reports in them will be edited to show acknowledgment and with the status of the respective fixes. No unrelated posts (pretty-please).

When reporting infocard issues, be sure to include the name of the object, and, if applicable, where it's sold or located, as well as what the actual error is. Screenshots are optional, but always helpful.
TYPE: Faction infocard
NAME: Commonwealth of Liberty
WHAT: It's still showing as Solar Engineering on the server

The new infocard should be committed to the infocards file already. Will verify that's the case and update when sure. Edit: It's been committed and should be ingame with the next patch, whenever that actually comes. Wrote it myself (sun) Edit 2: It's ingame.
This is not exactly "infocard" but I think it still applies:
Different server/game versions in Select_Server and Select_Character menus.
Not a dev issue. Poke an admin, though.

Missing names of factions. Or maybe bribing for Zoners does not have a drawback? Coronado_PlanetYuma_Bar_Bribe_Zoners
Probably non-issue. I don't think anyone has negative empathy with Zoners or else they would automatically show up in there.

Another thing is base affiliation in the base/planet infocards. Often it is burried in the text, sometimes you need to read whole history text, because the station changed the owner few times. Yet who the station belongs to, is probably the most important information. It would be good to have it mentioned in the beginning, next to other important info like this: Base_Affiliation
If it was possible to color the AFFILIATION stat based on your current reputation with the faction, that would be awesome.
It'd be a lot of work, but I guess it's plausible. Changing the color based on the player's rep, however, isn't something that's technically possible.

(01-04-2017, 11:32 AM)Petitioner Wrote: [ -> ]... planetary bodies which break the laws of physics (such as gas giants smaller than Earth, planets described as having dense atmospheres/high gravity yet with very low escape velocities) ...
Stars, planets, moons, they are all too small compared to ship/station sizes. In some cases you could make a circle around them with 15-20 transports. I know, this is beyond the scope of this thread. But maybe we should adress this issue first?
The unrealistic scale of Freelancer is a crucial part of the game, and is not something that could plausibly be fixed ever. When the OP refers to "breaking the laws of physics", I mean the initial section of infocards where it lists mass, escape velocity, and such. If you get 20 transports to make a circle around the Ross Planetoid or something, though, that'd be pretty dank, and I'd be mildly amused to see screenshots, so go for it if y'want I guess.
(01-04-2017, 02:57 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]Not a dev issue. Poke an admin, though.

Noted, it will be fixed on the next restart. Thank you for the heads up.
TYPE: Equipment Infocard
NAME: Cloak Disruptor Type-2
WHAT: Infocard says it's "Decoy range" is 1.5 k's when it's still 6k's
Noted, not yet fixed. Added to todo list.
St. Albans is still referred to as a "St. Albans Shipping Platform" despite now being a shipyard. Should be "St. Albans Shipyard"

Proof.
Intentional, as St. Albans's primary purpose is shipping platform, with the shipyard components serving a secondary role - the shipyards are referred to as Duluth, in keeping with USI's lore, as a compromise on the retconning of Minnesota, as we previously discussed. If USI insists on changing it, poke me on Skype about it.
NAME: ZN-140 Engine Mk I (Class 3) ; quite possibly also the (Class 2)
WHAT: The stock engines (ones costing 12 credits) you get for crafts using the BW engine for Bombers (and quite possibly still VHFs) don't have a detailed infocard like their counterpart that you can buy for a few million credits. I checked this for the bomber class engines as I just bought a new bomber, but I know a few months back the same was for VHFs which I think use Class 2 engines. Can you please fix?

Here are pictures for reference:
STOCK vs BOUGHT

P.S. You might also want to revise all the engine theoretical speeds: 360 for bombers, 375 for VHF/HF and 410(?) for LFs.

Noted. Will provide an ETA on a fix when I can. ~Petitioner
Type: Rumor
What: Change "financial concerns" with "financial institutions".

Infocard ID 066106 Wrote:Interspace Corporate was founded in 204 A.S. by Ageira and Deep Space Engineering, since they could pool the necessary capital in insurance and finance. Built in the same year, Newark Station is the local headquarters for the now renamed "Interspace Commerce" (IC), one of the largest financial concerns in the Sirius Sector. While Interspace was initially responsible for financing the construction of the vast Jump Gate and Trade Lane network that connects the various colonies, it was forced to divest itself of these holdings as a result of the Rheinland-Kusari Trade Embargo in 521 A.S.

The corporation changed its name to Interspace Commerce and has since transitioned to insuring cargo shipments within and between the various colonies. The remainder of the Newark Station population is a constantly shifting crowd of traders, technocrats, executives, and Bounty Hunters, all cutting deals and arranging for the transport or protection of their goods.
TYPE: Faction Infocard
NAME: Reapers of Sirius
WHAT: Typo
Info ID: 505255
=========================================================
ALLIES: None
ENEMIES: House Military, House Police

The Reapers originated from a planet just outside the Sirius sector. On arrival to Sirius they where met by the ones known as "Outcasts". After many talks the Reapers began to support the Outcasts in their blood war against the Corsairs and eventually became "The sword of the Maltese Army". After many years of battling the Outcasts former brothers the Reapers began to find the constant bickering stale and petty, so they left the Outcasts on a Crusade to destroy their former enemies "The Coalition" and work on bringing peace to the Omicron and Omega sectors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: CNO-31F Series Cx Gallic Ignition Unit Mk I
Info ID: 531287
CNO-31F Series Cx Gallic Ignition Unit Mk I
Designed and built by Council engineers based on the older models of the Rx series engines used by the Royal Fleet, the Cx engines have been designed with ease of maintenance in mind and are claimed to be repairable for as long as the supply of spare parts lasts. These engines, similar in design to other engines designed and manufactured in Gallia, use Oil as their fuel source and due to lack of this fuel outside of the house, are mainly used only within the house and its surrounding sectors. This engine is intended for use primarily on freighters.
Top Speed (theoretical): 395
Energy Drain / sec: 0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TYPE: Equipment Infocard Name
NAME: Blackmarket CNORx Engine (Currently wrong name: "Blackmarket CNOS Engine")
Info ID: ?????? (Should be 531367, but that seems to be correct.)
(Info ID: 531368)
Blackmarket CNORx Series Engine Clone
Due to the aesthetically pleasing nature of Gallic engines, the high demand from the youth of Sirius and even other adventurous pilots have led independent ship manufacturers to attempt converting said engines to function with Sirian ship designs and common fuels. Even though no attempt had resulted in a success, various models of engines have flooded the blackmarket, with the sellers claiming them to be successfully converted Gallic engines. These engines, in reality being nothing but regular Sirian engines with extensive adjustments applied to modify their looks, are known to be prone to malfunctions but are still traded for hefty sums within the independent market of Sirius. This particular engine is claimed to be a full conversion of the original CNORx series of engines, primarily used by the Royalist forces of Gallia.
Top Speed (theoretical): Varies
Energy Drain / sec: 0
I really dont know what to think about this one. There is definitely wrong name of the engine item in-game. But when I look into infocards, it seems alright. Hope you make some sense of it.

All added to the spreadsheet, should make it in with next update. Thanks for reports. ~Petitioner
Lentini Outpost in Nagano lacks an infocard, I guess theres not much more to say to that one.

It looks like Lentini is already fixed in the infocards file, so it's probably an issue with the system itself. Should be sorted out by next update. ~P
Pages: 1 2