Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: From: Lane Hackers - To: Nebula Complex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101a.png][Image: 3.png]

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm sure you can already guess, but in case some minds turn out blank: My name is Mr. Graves, and I represent the Lane Hackers in this message. It has recently come to our attention that you are in the business of acquiring and selling gold, dear sir or madame, and, naturally, it raised a few eyebrows indeed. It also made us wonder who this is, our unknown neighbor who is in a rather corporate business. We would be most obliged if you could put some minds at ease here and tell us who you are, what your philosophy is that governs your operations, and most importantly, whom you consider friend and foe.

On a more personal note: We are a little hurt. Our eyes have been on you for quite a while, and we're sure that any literate person would know of our rather close and cozy neighborhood. So how come you never saw fit to send us a welcome present or a simple 'hey guys, nice to meet you'? Regardless of what you might have heard, only Corsairs bite people — and they do so with literal gusto. The fact that we now have to make the first step to greet the new neighbor really goes to show how much we care about you, you know. I mean, it does seem counterintuitive for those who already lived in the region you moved to to approach you first.

Awaiting your reply.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: nIPBX4I.png]

»» Transmission: Incoming Signal
»» Receiver: Lane Hackers
»» Encryption: NC100 High Encryption
»» Subject: Primary contact

Good morning,
Mr Graves,

My name is Professor Simon Sorrell, freelancer expert at thermo-nuclear astrophysics and chief executive officer of Nebula Complex for Science & Technologies. I would have never been able to know who you are unless you inform me. Forgive my ignorance about your organization since i never meet a single Lane Hacker pilot in person before.

The news that came to your ears are correct but missing details. We do not work as corporate business at all, but we do better. The complex here have the best equipment and labs designed for many purposes and one of those purposes is to produce high quality refined gold ores which you can't find anywhere else. We have unique technologies and extra-ordinary machines that are capable of producing these high quality ores because we need them in our researches. We only sell the excess so it is not our main target to act as a gold shop for everybody.

I am sorry to look as an unknown neighbor so i hope that you know more about me now. I am the owner of the "Sorrell Research Lab" on board planet Cambridge and the owner of Nebula Complex too. We are group of scientists who work in several fields of Xeno-archeology and more. We have our own unique schemes of studying abnormal space anomalies and phenomenons.

I hope you don't feel little hurt as you mentioned because we didn't contact your organization. Actually we mind our own business and only contact those who work with us. I think maybe since we have a contact now, then we can listen from you how can your organization be useful for our researches. We are lately focusing mainly on the humanitarian aids for those who became refugees on planet Leeds. We receive wounded almost every day and we have a mobile hospital ship roaming the space of Leeds and Manchester all the time for this purpose.

At the end, it's nice to meet a Lane Hacker finally. I hope that you enjoy this beautiful morning and we will wait a reply from you.

[Image: nRQiwAF.png]

[Image: 9MSv34t.png]
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101a.png][Image: 3.png]

Good to know that some people at least know when to apologize. I can admire that.

So you are a little freelance business with the fundings and expertise to conduct quite questionable research into subjects that, quite frankly, sounds quite dangerous, given the houses' disposition towards the other inhabitants of the Sirius sector. Makes me wonder whether you really offered that little detail to Bretonia when you got the permission for the base, but what do I care, right?

Selfless charity work, too. I really must admit: Next to you, I almost feel bad. There is something that I would like you to do, Mr. Sorrell. Given your disposition towards a free mindset when working with everybody, as per your own admission, I would entreat you to do me a little favour. Of course, you will be paid for it, so don't worry about that. There is someone on Malta that I owe a quite sizable load of gold, which is really why you caught my interest. You can't imagine how pesky those families can be when they want something — plutocrats, really. Point in case: My friend needs 10.000 units of Gold Ore delivered to Malta. Do this for me, deliver me proof of the successful transport, and I might be inclined to return a little favour for you. After all, having a Lane Hacker as friend can be quite the boon for an upcoming freelance business, hmm? Oh, and don't worry about where you need to load it off. You'll be approached once you moored on Malta.

»» Subject: Favor on the horizon

Good morning,
It is good to hear from you again Mr Graves,

Yes, i am sorta business man, but also a professor who teach at the university of Cambridge and a researcher for radical cures and medicine for humanitarian purposes. Our business is safe and can only be dangerous if our employees and scientists are not skilled enough to evade mistakes. I want you to rest assured that our safety measures are adjusted to a very high degree and we accept no compromise regarding safety and security. I would like to confirm for you also that the bretonian government knows everything about this complex and our license is for Xeno-Archeology researches, Medicinal humanitarian aids and more classified purposes that are also documented at the government. Everything here runs legally and we like it this way.

I appreciate your understanding about our policy and we can work with everybody indeed. I hear your request and it is not going to be a big deal. It can be done but first, i need to explain some details for you Mr Graves and get a confirmation from you about some points. First of all, we are not a shop for selling gold ore as i mentioned on my previous transmission but we only sell the excess gold ore that is produced by our refineries. At the moment, we don't have any gold ore crates at the complex, however, i can manage your 10,000 crates if you give me a range of 2 to 3 days maximum. The high quality gold ore crates will cost you 4,000 SC for each crate, which means 40,000,000 SC as a cost for the requested 10,000 crates.

The Nebula Complex is mainly a research facility so we don't have transports that belong to us to send them with the requested shipment to Malta. Accordingly, we will hire some transporters from the complex suppliers that are willing to deliver this shipment. I already talked with 2 of our suppliers and they are willing to do the trip for a small fee. Each transport can carry 5,000 crates of our high quality gold ores and it will cost you 10,000,000 SC for each transport which means, 20,000,000 SC for the 2 transports as a fee for the trip to Malta.

The total cost will be 60,000,000 SC (40,000,000 SC for the crates plus 20,000,000 for the transporters).
Shall you agree on those expenses, then please wire the cash to Orascom and attach the payment receipt to your next transmission. Once we receive the confirmation, we will start immediately the refining and shifting processes. You also have the option to pay 50% of the total expenses for now, and the other 50% on delivery.

At the end, i would like to agree with you, Having a Lane Hacker as friend can be quite the boon for an upcoming freelance business. It is a good experience meeting you and in the future, i would like to elaborate more about some cooperation from the lane hackers about the spyglass technology. As you know now, we are researchers, and this great technology would add a lot to our capabilities. Thank you for your time and i will wait a reply from you as soon as possible. Have a good morning Mr Graves.

...uploading.data...

[Image: 101c.png][Image: 3.png]

Spyglass technology, huh? No, the Spyglass Network isn't something I can simply take and hand over, not just because we wouldn't impart this technology under any circumstances, but also because the physical properties about it are extraordinary. There appears to be a fundamental misunderstanding between us at the moment, however, which would be that you seem to labour under the illusion that I am but another client of yours. That is false.

Mr. Sorrell, I am a Lane Hacker. We do not work according to these rules. What you propose is no different from the likes of Ageira, Interspace, or worse yet, the IND selling themselves like whores, ever-chasing the gleaming of coin. If it didn't shine through in my first message: I expect you to do this because I asked you nicely, is that understood? Again I find myself horrified at the lack of common sense found in your words and actions, Mr. Sorrell. What man expects of their neighbours to pay for their little welcome cake?

I attribute this repeated faux-pas simply to your ignorance to our customs, Mr. Sorrell, and as such, the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty — You didn't know better. However, you should know enough at this point to know how to make the first step into a cordial relationship with the Lane Hackers. All I can offer you is making the best of it. It is only a bit of gold, mister. A man of science like yourself surely isn't that greedy, right?

»» Subject: Unexpected Extortion

Good morning,
Mr Graves,

I am glad that now, masks are off because it help a lot to be straight in words and intentions specially when dealing with men and women of science. You know Mr Graves, i heard about the lane hackers a lot and i intended not to believe what i heard until i meet one of them personally. I think it's a virtue, not to believe others and always believe your eyes. I can see now why some people think ill about your organization however, I can understand you very good Mr Graves and i have no problem covering your debt to another friend of yours for this time and you can consider it a welcome cake as you may prefer.

About the spyglass technology, it would have been a great achievement for us as scientists and we do serve the helpless and the poor, but as you mentioned, it seems that we have no chance to use this great technology and through it, increase our capabilities of serving the humanitarian cause. I hoped that you could be not a client, but a friend to our little group of civilian scientists but we know that friends do not extort their friends so it's definitely our bad luck. I will let you know once i have a chance to grab the 10,000 gold ore crates and i will also attach to my next transmission a proof for the shipments delivery reports. At the end, we wish you a good morning, and untill next time.

...uploading.data...

[Image: 101d.png][Image: 3.png]

Here's still waiting, Mr. Sorrell. That is, unless the rumors are true and you are going out of business? A true shame, really. I thought of you as a formidable man to uphold his interests. The market would lose quite a bit without you.