Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Authentic Roleplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea to help our role playing experience. I do not mean to only criticize. The admins spend their valuable time making this a place where we can come to relax and recreate, as in recreation. Thank you admins and other players also.

Imagine you were driving along the highway in your brand new GMC SUV when suddenly a huge block of text appeased floating in front of your car as you drove 75 miles an hour! The text said, "Remember you were once a new player yourself so... " What the Hell!!! No one would believe your story of why you crashed your truck.

In the spirit of authentic role play experience I am sure you guys can come up with some way of communicating this sort of information appropriately. I bet you have had this discussion before. My suggestion is that you have messages such as these appear upon docking at a station or planet perhaps, and couch it in language that suggest an official communique from within the role play experience.

By the way, I also find it interesting that your messages suggest we should be helpful to other players who may not know the rules - but, at the same time, you punish rule breakers summarily without hearing from the person being punished. A person who may not have been aware of the rule they were punished for breaking comes back online and --- surprise! Not even a notice there was a problem.

So, these are a couple of my ideas. I think they are good ideas, but probable this is just me.

CV Richer
I believe admins leave a sanction notice in your cargo hold when you're sanctioned, but I might be mistaken. That will turn your attention to the forums if you are interested in seeing what you have done wrong.