Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: That announcement banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Needs to be left up for a few days / a week.

The one about unmounting then remounting weapons otherwise the cheat catcher will kick in.

I only saw it because I try to check the Forum every day, but what about people who only come occasionally?

Just thought I'd point that out so we don't have people going "What the heck did I get kicked for?" and then moaning about it on the forum and stuff.

I haven't been in game since I did the unmount/mount thing, which I did almost as soon as I saw it, so I don't know if an announcement about that fact has been put into the welcome message or not, but you get that.

If it has, ignore my rambling. Tongue
I second that.
Wow Mickk, nice to see you are still around! I agree with what you said and that's what I first thought when I entered the forums tonight.
Yeah, these announcements come and go. Even the important ones, about POBs beeing activated a week sooner and ReMoounting of weapons. The only thing that stays is "(December 10, 2016)" part of the announce. I guess its someones favourite date or something.

Completely agree with the OP, the notice should stay and an in-game welcoming message would be good too. I would just expand on it: A sticky post in the " News and Announcements " forum, linked from the announce, explaining the situation would be even better.

Im a new player here so I dont know, if this is standard or just recent state but:

In every bussiness and if you are providing a service even more so, it is important to keep your custommers informed. If you need to do major changes, putting up a notice before you do it works wonders. Even unpopular changes will be accepted, or faster accepted if there is enough information about them.

But mostly, you have to keep your word, or have a good reason and explanation if you really can not. Yes, this is about the POB holiday mode ending sooner than advertised again.