Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: wiki wiki username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way, that anyone knows of, to change your wiki username?

I did look.. and look again. But, you know! haha

Cheers! (y)
Not in the Discovery wiki. We don't have the RenameUser extension installed.

You could just abandon the old account and create a new one however.
Didn't think so.. I did check a few times. No worries, thanks for the info! I'll probably just add a link to my profile on my user page
(01-11-2017, 05:38 AM)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]Not in the Discovery wiki. We don't have the RenameUser extension installed.

You could just abandon the old account and create a new one however.

Hi, the trouble is, that creating new accounts is not possible. It throws an error:
Code:
Internal error

[5a90cb379c4127d66fc74e86] /wiki/index.php?title=Special:CreateAccount&returnto=Main+Page MWException from line 351 of /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/mail/UserMailer.php: PEAR mail package is not installed

Backtrace:

#0 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/mail/UserMailer.php(189): UserMailer::sendInternal(array, MailAddress, string, string, array)
#1 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/user/User.php(4286): UserMailer::send(array, MailAddress, string, string, array)
#2 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/user/User.php(4260): User->sendMail(string, string)
#3 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/auth/EmailNotificationSecondaryAuthenticationProvider.php(54): User->sendConfirmationMail()
#4 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/auth/AuthManager.php(1396): MediaWiki\Auth\EmailNotificationSecondaryAuthenticationProvider->beginSecondaryAccountCreation(User, User, array)
#5 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/auth/AuthManager.php(1069): MediaWiki\Auth\AuthManager->continueAccountCreation(array)
#6 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/specialpage/AuthManagerSpecialPage.php(359): MediaWiki\Auth\AuthManager->beginAccountCreation(User, array, string)
#7 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/specialpage/AuthManagerSpecialPage.php(484): AuthManagerSpecialPage->performAuthenticationStep(string, array)
#8 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/htmlform/HTMLForm.php(613): AuthManagerSpecialPage->handleFormSubmit(array, VFormHTMLForm)
#9 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/specialpage/AuthManagerSpecialPage.php(418): HTMLForm->trySubmit()
#10 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/specialpage/LoginSignupSpecialPage.php(293): AuthManagerSpecialPage->trySubmit()
#11 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(479): LoginSignupSpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#12 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(576): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#13 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(282): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#14 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(745): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#15 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(519): MediaWiki->main()
#16 /mnt/data/web/dgcforum/public_html/wiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()
#17 {main}
It looks like that happens only if you give an email address.
It's fixed, sorry about that
(01-22-2017, 10:30 PM)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like that happens only if you give an email address.
Interesting, I never thought of trying that, email is good. But thanks for info

(01-22-2017, 11:07 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]It's fixed, sorry about that
Great, thank you, it works fine now.