Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zyl's Model Storage - Feedback appreciated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Following 's post, I gave a try at modeling ships, starting with the Yojimbo Hogosha GB. Here's the 5 test models I made.

More test models to come, all feedback is appreciated!

~ Zyl
If I may make a suggestion.

The lil 'tower' atop of the gunship may need to be turned so that the smaller face is pointed forward and the larger brunt is to the sides. For reference look at all the current Kusari capital ships.
Nice models you have there, pretty interesting style, keep up a good work!
I like. Would love an Oracle shipline. Heck, more ships is always part of the fun. They've got those organic curves to them - like thicc dromedaries.

Glad you like those ^_^
They're interesting... quite different shape from all the ships we have in the game.
Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, much appreciated Wink

I've hitboxed all these ships, they just need hardpointing and texturing (although i suck at proper texturing atm XD)! I might be able to finish the GB in time for the next patch (maybe ;3)

EDIT: Anyone willing to give me a hand with UTF Editor?

~ Zyl
A good start.
That means a lot for me, said by an expert like you ^_^
---
By the way, I do encounter several issues when exporting the .obj from Blender, and that's well seen in 3ds: huge parts of my ships have their normals f*ked up. I tried to flip them normally, and recalculate them, to no avail. Also, my .sur file (when opened along the .cmp in HardCMP) is always turned 180° compared to the .cmp (which is correctly oriented).
Anyone knows why these happen? I've been striving to find out, but I still am looking for the answer.

~ Zyl
Pages: 1 2 3 4