Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can we please change the snub changes back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I never got the point of why this was brought in in the first place, I have never heard anyone saying "Why can snubs not have a CD and Torpedos?". This pretty much ruined pvp in my opinion, now it seems that it's only about hitting torpedos and that's it, it's not like snubs ever needed that, if you say it is so that snubs can take out gunboats, surprise, they can with many others, why do we give snubs torpedos to even more effectively take out their counters? Also, if you are in a fight with someone who has a torpedo and you have a cloak, you are screwed since you have no countermeasures to stop the torpedo from hitting you. Also, why do SHF's loose their unique ability to mount 2 missiles and a torp?

Please explain why this had to happen in the first place, the reason for this seems to be pretty much pulled out of the sky and without any ground.
IMO it kind of made Heavy Fighters a redundant class since VHFs are now the do-all.
(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]IMO it kind of made Heavy Fighters a redundant class since VHFs are now the do-all.

Oh yeah, that too.
(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]IMO it kind of made Heavy Fighters a redundant class since VHFs are now the do-all.

Bayo, OC HF, Sair HF.

Its true that they are worthless now. Most VHFs can just Starkiller spam them, destroying the shield Hardpoint before the ship runs out of bots.
SHF haven't been fixed from what I'm hearing from Misfit, as well.

But there is hope! The update was pushed early, and we are missing alot of the new Class 10s. Maybe they can do the 'old' loadouts with four Class 9s, one Class 10(that can hold Class 10, 8, and 7) and one turret (Standard Guardian loadout) instead of four Class 9s, Class 10, Class 8, Turret.
inb4 Devs make all-missile Grizzly (as if Magma Grizzly wasn't danger before)
I personally like that the addition of torpedoes for all VHFs made fights not last as long. Snub PvP had, in my opinion, always had the problem that it took ages. This speeds up fights in some instances, which is a good thing.
Quote:I personally like that the addition of torpedoes for all VHFs made fights not last as long. Snub PvP had, in my opinion, always had the problem that it took ages. This speeds up fights in some instances, which is a good thing.

The problem is it doesn't change the length of the fight when it matters - that is when the opponent refuses to fight you and starts running away. With how matters are currently, I can pretty confidently run away from 3 people without them being really able to take down any of my bots (unless they really pay attention and know what they're doing).

The snub changes starting with this made snubs outright not fun to fight against because the most viable tactic (shieldrunning) has become even more viable.

Also someone explain to me logically why Haste is still in charge of snubs.
Don't forget what happened to my precious Osprey.
Well, I just said that it speeds up fights in some instances. Now we'd just need to make shieldrunning less viable. (sun)
(01-20-2017, 04:29 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I just said that it speeds up fights in some instances. Now we'd just need to make shieldrunning less viable. (sun)

disable vertical strafing
revert bad updates
?
profit

//edit: Alternatively you could increase gun damage or give fewer reloads to snubs but that might piss off people with gunboats and stuff.
(01-20-2017, 04:29 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I just said that it speeds up fights in some instances. Now we'd just need to make shieldrunning less viable. (sun)

It takes sheildrunning and puts it on max because the Starkillers are so OP they blow shields, guns, mines, CDs, it blows all hardpoints off after four blasts.

As it seems to be the only guided snub missile in the game as of now everyone will want it as most can't aim Mini Razors.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17