Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to Get Unbanned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How to Get Unbanned in Discovery

The Buddy Method

Find an admin or two that hasn't blocked you on Skype. If there is an Admin in one of your factions, even better, since that increases the chances they might actually like you. Convince them that you are either totally reformed, banned because of total bias against you or you are bypassing the ban anyways and so the Admins might as well make you legit.

It is normal to heaps lots of praise on said Green by telling him that he is the "Best Admin". Remind him that all the other Admins suck and he is the only Green that can talk and scratch his arse at the same time.

If you cannot find a current Admin to help you out, feel free to find former Admins that you think might still hold influence among the Staff. Find a way to convince them that you are worth a glowing recommendation in your Request to become unbanned. It is important to begin this process IMMEDIATELY after you receive this adverse Admin decision.

The Paperwork Method

Once six months has passed, employ the Buddy Method and then start deluging the Admins with numerous requests to be unbanned. If the first wave of paperwork has failed to see you unbanned, submit monthy, weekly or even daily requests to get unbanned. Hopefully, the Staff will soon get overwhelmed and remove your ban just to get you off their backs. (Don't laugh, this has worked.)

The Proxy Method

While incorporating both the Buddy and Paperwork Method, you may decide to use the Proxy Method. Basically, it is just like the Paperwork Method, except you dig up every friend you can find and you get each of them to make Requests on your behalf. Friends can pester the Admins both on the forums, on Skype and even in game if an Admin decides to log. Surely, this overflow of support from the Community will sway the most hardened Admin.

The Attrition Method

Attrition among the Staff is inevitable. Older Admins get tired, leave, and bring in new Greens who don't know you and more importantly, what you've done to get banned. They haven't had to deal with your crimes, but they are stuck with all this overflow of communication on your behalf. Very soon, the new Admins are demanding explanations from the older ones as to what you did to get banned. Their hearts are moved by your tears and earnest desire to simply play the game again. You wait for a few 'deaths' to occur and eventually, there are more newer Admins (Admins appointed after your ban) than there are old ones (Admins appointed before). The waiting game pays off, a vote in your favor occurs and you get unbanned.

This method can be speeded up if you can convince a few in the Community to make life miserable for a few of the older Greens.

These are tried and true methods to getting yourself unbanned. They require little to no change in actual personal behavior, require no personal accountability in your conduct and are guaranteed to be successful if followed by the letter.

For those who are banned, I wish you the best...
A Heavy Decision
Nothing that Bob has said here is untrue.

Take it from someone that was "indefinitely" banned.
Can confirm.
Can definitely confirm method 1 and 3 work, might take you a year and a half but it works.
Interesting read
(01-21-2017, 06:25 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]Take it from someone that was "indefinitely" banned.

I can send you back there if it's such a concern to you
thread pinned, this is very useful Angel
(01-21-2017, 06:22 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
How to Get Unbanned in Discovery

The Buddy Method

Find an admin or two that hasn't blocked you on Skype. If there is an Admin in one of your factions, even better, since that increases the chances they might actually like you. Convince them that you are either totally reformed, banned because of total bias against you or you are bypassing the ban anyways and so the Admins might as well make you legit.

Can confirm, this works.
Blame Blodo that I'm still playing
(01-21-2017, 07:27 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2017, 06:25 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]Take it from someone that was "indefinitely" banned.

I can send you back there if it's such a concern to you

Alley why have I been banned? I swear I didn't use admon gunz on a Gurdian to blue nubz.

I'm going to have this as a go-to when I eventually get perma'd for something stupid.
Pages: 1 2 3