Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question on Trader/Pirate encounters...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know as a trade you may engage pirates... But, I also know you have to RP as well. My question is this: is it wrong for a trade to just blast you on sight pretty much? I mean I cut someones lane, I went to check their cargo, before I even had finished scanning them they shoot and kill me.

http://www.2shared.com/file/4525535/9ff8...een13.html

I don't mind being killed, but it's like at least RP it out. Yes I'm in a missile dagger, I'm not much of a threat, but not 20 minutes before a gunboat passed by and we had a little RP and then I let him on his way. He could have ripped me in half, but he RPed it out and "let me off the hook" simply because I was a "young" lane hacker who didn't know what he was getting into.

But this was more like "I'M A TRANSPORT WITH BIGGER GUNS THAN YOU LALWALWLA PEW PEW NOOOB" I dunno, it just peeves me when I encounter poor RP or none at all.

I'm not a fan of RP, I've had my fair share of it doing MUD's back in the early 90's. But I'm on an RP server, I respect that, I'll RP where RP is needed. Somedays I don't want to RP but I still will. Granted my RP is weaker than the rest of you but I'm simply not putting forth a ton of effort. But I still RP.

I think there needs to be stricter RP rules. It's no fun for people like myself who are willing to RP just to get popped by someone with bigger guns without slinging some verbal mud about in an RP like manner. Yes bigger guys can blow me up, but in the case of the Gunboat a little RP made it more enjoyable for both of us.*

Just to remind. Trial by forum is bad.

just dont be like them if you see its unfair. there is nothing else you can do.
' Wrote:Just to remind. Trial by forum is bad.
just dont be like them if you see its unfair. there is nothing else you can do.

I'm not setting up a trail saying HEY THIS GUY IS AN ASS. I'm wondering if that proper action on his part? Can a trader really just blow you up without a word?*
next time follow this

1. kill TL
2. say order "stop your engines" - this is called demand.
4. Now you have time to see what he want to do, If he start shooting (still far avay to be efective)... kill him, if he start trying cruise his ass out... kill him. If he stoped yay you've met someone who probably dont try blast you.

if he stoped and wasnt shooting

5. quick scan... I scan max 2 secs... just hit O and if you see any cargo you can make second demand
6. make second demand (cargo/money)

rest is on you... I personaly kill everyone who dont obey my orders if he didint showed nice RP (once I met father of 12 childrens but he wasnt able to tell me their names... he died, it wasnt good RP. Once I met player which was acting like scared old man, he was begging for his life, called all saints... fun for both sides... I gaved him 1 milion because I was laughing long time after :laugh:)
*chuckles* Personally, I'm enamored when a lulwutting trader opens up on me. It means he gets to die.

As to the trader, it's hard to quantify quality. Sometimes it's not to be unexpected that he's not going to sit around and wait for a bigger fish to come down the pond.

Of course, It's a rare bird to meet someone with a cargo hold and a head on his shoulders at the same time.

Just a general issue that transcends traders, that same fellow who opens up on you there will be pirating you tomorrow.
Well as soon as I made the demand I just opened scan and he was already on top of me shooting. That's the reason why his "RP" pisses me off.*
' Wrote:2. say order "stop your engines" - this is called demand.

Correction: The demand is that he drops his cargo or pays a fine. Telling him to halt is -NOT- a demand in an engagement sense.

As per Xoria. ALL GLORY.
' Wrote:next time follow this

1. kill TL
2. say order "stop your engines" - this is called demand.
4. Now you have time to see what he want to do, If he start shooting (still far avay to be efective)... kill him, if he start trying cruise his ass out... kill him. If he stoped yay you've met someone who probably dont try blast you.

i noticed you missed out on number 3 :D what was/is it? heh

and yeah i would frown upon just simply starting to shoot without any words, as with the CCS in the Taus (IMG vs. Outcasts) we dont just shoot each other all the time and we actually RP alot and well really the point is traders should atleast try and negotiate a way out of it payment/death-free or to try and lower the payment somehow instead of just shooting away

What can i say ...you may rp perfectly. You may had 8 years of rp experiance. You are adored by every rper out there and you rp with every trader like a god.

Wont mean they will do the same, knowing that, you shouldnt be dissapointed.
3. Is Profit.
Pages: 1 2 3