Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: LH | R&D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CztHuUZ.png]

To whom it may concern;

Weinstein here.

Considering your unparalleled work in information technology, the recent attacks upon the houses by AI aficionados will surely have registered on your radar.
We have been involved in two specific incidents, both involving numerous drones with tremendous firepower and extremely resilient hulls.
The main damage dealer on our side was Security Division's new flagship, the battlecruiser Erdbeben.
Of course, we wish to gain the most we can out of this situation, so we've had ships sent to collect what we can from the fray. Additionally, we're engaging in a nice little lobbying war with Security Division and R&D Division over the spoils of these confrontations.

If these "Cultist" attacks intensify, which certainly seems like a realistic assumption, the remains of their drones will become commonplace. The intelligence gained from examining their remains will spread rapidly, propagated by those factions most adept at acquiring and analyzing them.
We have managed to obtain a reasonable amount of drone remains from the confrontations of the Erdbeben. We are well aware that we must make a quick move if we wish to obtain an intelligence advantage over others. Research and Development will no doubt be pursuing their own projects with the materials they have, even Security Division may try some independent examinations. But we have secured a substantial quantity of the remains.

For Division V, we recognize that to move this along as quickly as possible we will need outside help. We do not want anybody too close to us, as we wish to keep our most advanced projects under tight control.
What we want is a partner that we have solid ties too, without being too close, a partner that has very high competency in the fields of AI technology and electrical engineering,
and has a good reputation for confidentiality and professionalism.
What we wish to arrange is the following: We will grant you full access to the drone remains we have obtained, you will be able to study them at your leisure, and you will send all your results to us, before you send them to anyone else. We wish to have an intelligence advantage here, a time buffer that gives us a head start over others that are undoubtedly already analyzing remains at this moment, There is nobody else that fits the requirements for this task, and although are contacts have been spurious, we trust you are up to this task.

In addition, we are contacting you as a courtesy to ensure our solid relations for the future. It has been some time since you required cleanup in Liberty; we will always be up to the task when called upon.

Regards from Rheinland,

Helmut Weinstein
Division V Directorate
ALG Waste Disposal

[Image: MEPQRNu.png]
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101b.png][Image: 3.png]

Mr. Weinstein, a pleasure indeed. The Professorship has delegated the task of handling your request to me. My name is Mr. Graves, and I shall act as your contact to the inner circle of the Lane Hackers.

Indeed, there are more than just rumors of fully autonomous ships with devastating firepower that have been sighted in numberous places. It appears they are not of the Gammuian kin either, which is yet another reason for concern. Take it from me that sentience is a very real thing when it comes to AI. They are faster, more resilient, stronger and all around better than anything a human can muster, and therefore, handling such machinery is a task that requires the utmost diligence when it comes to quality control. You hear about insurrections of such creations in horror movies and novels, yet those stories base on very real issues. We humans like to believe that we have something that distinguishes us from such machines, that are more than a set of lines that dictate our decisions, our memories, our very core — that we have a soul. I have yet to be convinced that such an ethereal construct is applicable in anything but fiction. This is why I belive AI is the most likely reason humanity could die once they truly learn to be as oppressive as we are.

It is also the reason why I pleaded to be given this case. AI is dangerous. It exists to serve their masters, which is their creators, us. Understanding them is the key to putting a leash around their necks, as you might very well understand. Frankly, I don't believe you are following a chivalrous goal at all and are simply interested in the profit that such revelations would offer your corporation and yourself. Still, my personal curiosity outweighs your petty self-indulgence, and therefore I might be inclined to lend assistance. Name a place and a time.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: CztHuUZ.png]

To Mr. Graves;

I am pleased to hear you are interested in this project. It was not my intention to suggest any dishonest promise of chivalry here, we are working to gain a technological advantage whenever the opportunity presents itself - without being goaded to carelessness by the promise of miraculous power, of course.
Though it is normally on a more basic chemical level, we are intimately familiar with the concept of containing potential hazards.

That having been said, the Dachstein should be departing for Liberty momentarily. For a place, the vicinity of Thunder Bay, Ontario, worked well for us last time.
As for the time, I will tentatively suggest 824-01-27 1800 SMT. Let us know if your schedule permits.

Regards from Rheinland,

Helmut Weinstein
Division V Directorate
ALG Waste Disposal

[Image: MEPQRNu.png]
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 30.png]

Weinstein,

You have delivered the package over three months ago. I told you clearly that we need clear research parameters. Until today I have not received any. If you do not amend this within 72 hours, your package will be scrapped or repurposed and any our involvement in your project cancelled.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...