Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Graves, Gustav | 001
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gabriella Casta
Ishmael
Omicron Alpha

[Image: P2H7QKg.png]

Hola. What a mess. Right off the start, to be fair with you, I neither had personal contact with you nor Goro so far, so you're just addressing my sister with your statements. A debt though still lies on my shoulders as I called her as my substitution until my return and I just recently took supreme command over Razgriz' Ghosts back to my hands. Given that the endeavour with the Lane Hackers isn't the only area that needs attention after what my sister left us with, I was actually fond of Ademar stepping up to conduct business with you, especially because the incentive came from him. Seeing this return to my desk leaves a bitter taste I'll sort when time has come. He's a rather new addition to my squadron yet had so far shown exceptional skills in dealing with outside organizations, the more it presents itself as unsatisfactory this turned out the way it did.
It appears that our shared endeavours were sabotaged by Nacions ongoing internal conflicts over the course of the last years, starting with the Corsican link you provided. A rather fine project, yet I've to back my sister up on this as it wasn't what we had expected and didn't produce any meaningful results. This however can be attributed to the way my sister believes the 'verse operates for she's ever since just used to the maltese way. And Maltese share a common understanding in what's to achieve. Her last reply towards your organization shows a brief insight into what Ghosts squadron had to deal with when we returned to the Sanctum. Many lives were lost and it took the combined effort of all our resources to actually contain the acceleration-unit. Knowing the temper of my sister well enough, your repeated knocking, though unaware of the situation, eventually gave the last push to her forgetting about attitudes. She's the rough type in heated situations. She still managed to overdo it on most parts, her lacking a fundamental set of diplomatic skills did its part.
Looking at the overall scene, there's much left to resolve. Nevertheless did she raise valid points concerning the Lane Hackers tying their cooperation to what is referred to as Orange Treaty. Your recent words speak volumes about your code of business and whilst I can very well relate to your view, it still saddens me to see what our once prosperous relationship has come down to. Forgotten appear the times when our organizations worked alongside without the need for excessive paperwork or additional assurances, times where Razgriz' soldiers and Hackers alike came to assist the other in their operations and no further questions were asked. You wanted to know where those Ghosts are gone, I ask where are the Lane Hackers I remember.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Ghosts.
Salutes.
Gabriella Casta.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101a.png][Image: 3.png]

Miss... Casta.

Excuse my small bout of silence but I found myself mesmerized by the shine of your eyes. Your sister cannot hope to reach that amount of clarity.

Yes, the Hackers. They're here, or one might think. I begin to believe that we both miss that times might have changed, and not only ourselves. The Ghosts were once a more vibrant and powerful alliance of strong men and women devoted to the good of Malta, while the Lane Hackers once with wit and cunning, today with lethargy and empty words, defended the small man of Liberty from the ever overreaching grasping hands of the corporate system that asphyxiates those who cannot defend themselves. If anything, we both are to blame. The projects on Corsica lie long in the past, one in which we both might have been blinded by our own grandeur. You ask where the Lane Hackers of that time are, and I suppose they're dead, and good riddance. We are that which remains. So. Will we pick up from that?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Gabriella Casta
Ishmael
Omicron Alpha

Hola. Trying your luck with compliments won't affect your chances for a positive outcome in your talks with me in any way, just to clear that right at start. You might strengthen your position on a more personal level but that doesn't have any impact on policies.
You make it sound like the Lane Hackers I remember aren't the ones I'll encounter these days, make it sound like the people you once were sworn to protect aren't your concern anymore. Speaking of the past, what's with the people on Ishmael that'd need the same firm hand to cover them from the ongoing conflicts that surround them? The opposition Ghosts face isn't something we'll overcome on our own without tearing the planet apart. A result not desired by anyone.
It troubles me that you haven't said a word on your reliance to what you call the Orange Treaty. It looks to me like a paper you and others hide behind to shove issues off their desks and find others to resolve what never should've been a problem in the first place, a piece crafted by bureaucrats to ensure their seats and hinder progress. But I'm not here to argue over your taken course.
Convince me with actions and give me less talk, maybe we'll shine together once again. I offer you a spot within the Dis for all the projects you desire and research you wish to conduct, you don't have to pay Ghosts back for this.
The item we were ment to be, it lies in your hands.

Salutes.
Gabriella Casta.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101b.png][Image: 3.png]

Not one for that kind of talk? I assure you it was wholly divorced from our professional partnership, Miss Casta. Then again, I'd like to cement this again, if you don't mind. You address a few points, namely Malta and the Orange Alliance, and since I don't want to appear as if I'm dodging your questions, here is what I believe.

Malta has always been a rather turbulant place. The Maltese have been our allies and trusted friends for years, but the fragmentation of their society makes it, well, difficult in places. We try to remain on a good footing with those we can, as we all share the goal of spreading the Orange Product — us, because we believe it to be the next step on the ladder that is human evolution, enhancing the body and mind in a way no other substance has the power to, and the Maltese because dependency gives them power. We can console these two points simply by virtue of them having overlap. The Maltese value their self-determination, and the Lane Hackers are more than just reluctant to put this in danger by interferring, which is why we don't.

The Orange Alliance is a confluence of those powers supporting Cardamine trafficking in the colonies and elsewhere. Do we use it to waive issues? I'd probably be lying if I said it wasn't also a tool to exert influence over allies and be influenced by. That's the purpose, to give each member the right to demand of the others certain acts and refrainings. It was used last by the National Council to invoke the Lane Hackers to move against Yuma's orbital installation with the forces of the Outcasts where we successfully destroyed the modular installation and its sister. Is that really that bad and hinders progress? I personally tend to disagree simply in light of this success, but that does not mean that you cannot also profit from the alliance.

Would you like us to try and act as intermediaries with the National Council in order to persuade them to reconsider their stance on you? If you ask me, that would be a better step towards better cooperation, but of course, the owness of making that call is entirely in your court. As I said, we try to stay on good terms with all Outcasts, provided they are not, you know, shooting us. So what do you say, Miss Casta?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Gabriella Casta
Ishmael
Omicron Alpha

Hola. Let me be honest with you, I don't care, nor do the Ghosts, for your so called Orange Treaty. My sister had put this quite right. We were very much able to work alongside for decades without this type of bureaucracy and we achieved great things. Now it seems, from my outside objective view, that this agreement brought nothing but stagnation. The 'verse changes constantly and we either adapt by changing with it or we're left behind. You mentioned the enhancement of mankind or a single human being, and I can assure you that, despite being born with the benefits you yet wish to achieve, we're striving to enhance ourselves even further. Transhumanism should be a word to you. We've a living sample of its basic state, her name is Kelly. We've another one who's also our living Archives files, Parker. And then there's been a series of experiments with rather unpleasant outcomes. To be fair, the original Airdrie to Corsica link was supposed to cover this kind of development, sadly it never came around to that. My invitation still stands. People hardly believe what we've done by now going just by words but once you'll have seen with your own eyes, I doubt you'll ever part sides with us again.
To address your inquiry regarding the National Council, I don't care. We hold our territory and there's no way they're going to take it from us without ripping the planet in half. It's completely up to you what you do with them, tell them or work out with them. As long your endeavours with them won't harm our hopefully soon to flourish again cooperation.
Should you wish for a more private meeting between us on a more personal ground, you're welcome to play your charm and try. As I've told you, the item we were ment to be, it lies in your hands. Give that the context you desire.

Salutes.
Gabriella Casta.