Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The retirement of Admin Vero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well folks its time for me to face up to the facts.

Between work and family responsibilities my time has become so limited that I rarely have enough time to focus on Admin issues for Disco anymore. I have tried to keep up with things on the server and I kept telling myself that real life things would slow down and Id have more time, but the reality is that it hasnt and it doesnt appear that it will in the near future.

With some recent layoffs at work Ive had to pick up some projects that were not originally on my plate. The increased responsibilities have been weighing pretty heavily on me and its all I can do to maintain the family/work balance that I want. I just dont have time to fulfill the responsibilities I signed on for as an Admin.
I hate letting the Admin team down, but there are a couple other teams that have to come first in my life so this one draws the short straw.

Id really like to stay on and help out where I can, but I dont think it would be fair to the community that I still exercise any power without much involvement.

I do still plan on playing on Discovery RP when I have the chance, but since I havent been able to manage one whole hour of continuous playtime in longer than I can remember, my appearances will probably still be scarce.

With many thanks and heartfelt regrets,
Vero

That really sucks and I wish it wasn't the case that you feel the need to retire. Hopefully things will ease up a bit in the future, but you just never know. I hope it all works out for the best with you job/family etc, and hopefully you won't disappear altogether:)
3 admins gone in 1 year....tis is a sad day.

You will be missed Vero. Drop a line when you can.
good luck vero.
Well...I've kinda seen this coming...

We'll miss you man. Don't be a stranger though!
Dangit, that sucks, man. Too bad, but I'm glad you'll be sticking around, too. Who knows, maybe things will quiet down eventually, and you'll have the time to pick it up again.

Whatever happens, may the Lettuce be with you. Safe flight, Vero.
~Adamantine Fist
Dangit, one of the cool ones...

Good luck, mate. We'll miss you.
I wish you happines and joy with your family and work,
good luck and Sayounara,
thankyou for all you've done, I hope things work out for you.
Sad to see another Admin go.

Good luck in life Vero, take care.
Pages: 1 2 3 4