Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Extreme lags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

I've returned to the server after 6 years and eager to experience the new Disco. However I keep facing the same problem: terrible lags. From time to time it is Ok, but most of the time I have a turn-based Freelancer game.

I have a decent 50 Mb/s Internet and speedtest.net usually shows a good score for the speed. I am not experience any lag-related issued with other multiplayer games, even such "heavy" as Elder Scrolls Online or what not.

So I was told this might be an adjustment issue or ports or whatever. Maybe you guys can provide me with advice on how to fix this nuisance?

Thanks in advance!
What's your ping on the menu and in-game?
(01-29-2017, 11:50 AM)Delithor Wrote: [ -> ]What's your ping on the menu and in-game?
The ping command returns "64 (Max 1000) Fluct 1ms Loss 4% (Max 70%) Lag 6% (Max 100%)
As I can understand, the ping is OK but these lang spikes continue to tear me down
Recently I had problems with lags. But apparently it was just a temporary problem with the routing. Do you live in France ?
Ty everyone for prompt help!

So I recently had to move for a couple of days to another city and checked Freelancer on the local Internet. Everything was very stable and smooth. So I guess it was my previous Internet provider. Anyway, it is strange how I manage to play other games on that ISP lag-less.