Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Warning: Swearkicking shortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good day.

Due to a recently processed sanction, we have looked into the swearkick logs and decided that it is about time we put an end to that particular shortcut. For a time now the swearkick filter was used to quickly disconnect from the server due to various reasons. While this is a neat feature, especially if the player is lagging - it is an exploit of a mechanic that discourages swearing.

This is a warning and a heads up that the machanic will be changed to banning the account, rather than kicking it. So please reconsidering trying to do this, before you will find yourself posting under the Account Banned thread and trying to explain why did you feel it was necessary for big black bodyparts appearing in your chatlog.
[Image: latest?cb=20150611075931]

Rest in piece. You served me well ;-;7

I hope it doesn't apply to the people who did it completely outside of any interactions, before the ban effect was implented reeee
Oh damn! Glad I only did it twice during the last year, 100% justified escaping Lagsalot's weird flirting attempts!
Jokes aside, oh well..
Don't make it ban accounts. Unsuspecting rookies experimenting with it may be getting the axe for no reason, and more work for the green peeps. Make it so that it doesn't kick you. Just doesn't display the swear word.
Ha, the best thing is, I can still use my german swear words!

Glory to Rheinland!
Thumbs up.
(02-05-2017, 11:55 PM)Arbs Wrote: [ -> ]Don't make it ban accounts. Unsuspecting rookies experimenting with it may be getting the axe for no reason, and more work for the green peeps. Make it so that it doesn't kick you. Just doesn't display the swear word.

Actually the best idea. Make it not kick anyone at all, just be a filter.

(02-05-2017, 11:57 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, the best thing is, I can still use my german swear words!

Glory to Rheinland!

Glory to Kanzler Niemann!
(02-05-2017, 11:55 PM)Arbs Wrote: [ -> ]Don't make it ban accounts. Unsuspecting rookies experimenting with it may be getting the axe for no reason, and more work for the green peeps. Make it so that it doesn't kick you. Just doesn't display the swear word.

Would second this. Getting accidentally banned for some profanity that didn't even get displayed would suck.
I can kind of agree with this, but at the same time I remember repeatedly getting kicked from the server for trying to say cockpit at some point. I dont think it's the case anymore but I'd be kind of concerned about people getting banned for similar things.
The swearfilter not having any action will be considered. Thank you for the input.
Pages: 1 2 3