Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Proper Form of Piracy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am Courous if this is an Acceptiable Form of Piracy?

Quote:[06.02.2017 04:21:47] Pirate Nr 2: Good evening.
[06.02.2017 04:21:53] Pirate Nr 1: Evening...
[06.02.2017 04:22:17] Pirate Nr 1: Feeling generous. One million credits to my account good sir.
[06.02.2017 04:22:18] Jasoneagle: Good Evening May I ask What your business in New York is this Evening?
[06.02.2017 04:22:48] Pirate Nr 2: I'll have one as well, and you may pass freely.
[06.02.2017 04:23:09] Pirate Nr 2: Actually, nevermind. One is fine for my collegue.
[06.02.2017 04:23:33] Pirate Nr 1: You have thirty seconds, transport.
[06.02.2017 04:24:45] Death: Jasoneagle was put out of action by Pirate Nr 2 (Gun).
[...]
[06.02.2017 04:28:05] Jasoneagle: //with all do respect i was one not intrested in pvp with two ships who could easily take out 5 freighters there for I simply
[06.02.2017 04:28:41] Jasoneagle: //say bad form and not good for keeping players, you never answered my question so i was departing.
Names removed.
~Sind

Because to me It was never Clearly Stated who was talking to who, and I did notice 2 Piracy demands and decided to leave when second one was Recalled than I was Shot dead.

As I said I am Just wondering if this is the Accepted Form, not trying to get players in trouble, I could care less about the lost 24 Gallic Pilots and 1 Gallic gunboat captain, and what ever else was dropped when i was Killed, (I've lost more to NPCs) nut to me this was not in any way a good example of RP from players that have been here long enough to buy and fully equip capital class ships and be part of player factions.
Seems normal I think.
They threatened your life and demanded you pay up 1 million. Pretty standard.
The trader is just mad and looking for an excuse. You are fine.
I would recommend giving some more meat to your RP, but as a starting player that's good enough.
Oh you are the trader. Stop looking for an excuse Tongue
When giving your lines before any sort of pvp, they must give 10 seconds between both lines. which he did. so yea, he can do that.
Ah so the RP was to be Them Demanding me Paying without any Conversation? They both Expect a Reply to their Demands but do not Reply to a Simple Question when I attempted to Engage in RP to Avoid Destruction of my ship or Paying the Demand. to me RP is more than what was Done here.
All I can say is Shame, I expected more from a Mod that is Based on RP, however this Even will not Stop me from play (well tonight at least good reason to get off the game as any) and I will Remember in the Future that Players here feel that 2 Cap ships teamed together is a Great way to make a million credits each.

Oh BTW I was in the Middle of a Reply to them in-character when I was Shot. like I said I Like a little more RP than just what was here.
In my experience with RPGs a encounter is more than a few lines then action unless the aim is to attack. And I only moved my ship toward the Trade lane with f2 expecting to leave after conversing with them and settling the demands. Hell I probably would have given 500k each but who knows now.
Well. Looks like they didn't want to give a damn about this out-of-place question. That seems rather okay. Especially considering what you asked. Their business there was already clear.
They were here to get some of their usual business going. Not to sip tea in a casual manner with someone they intend to pinch a bit, you see.
RP doesn't have to be just conversation.
Piracy and threats are RP. The feeling of danger when traveling through space because you can get robbed is a awesome RP consequence that comes from players like these walking around and demanding money.
If you are being robbed in real life, robbers won't talk to you.
So their RP is kind of "realistic" in a way.
It happened in the Liberty, eh? Well many pirates are just looking for free blues on traders as they can't win a propeer pvp fight, so they're just bullying traders to make them feel valuable.

You actually got some medium quality sentences with no reslonse. That's mean but seems to be clean rule-wise. It could always have been worse as I for example got demanded to pay 10 milliona for 5 k robotics xd

They should have rped a bit more, but well ut seems to be fine in terms of rules.
What did you expect when you started to move? First and basic rule of interaction with pirate is that you must stop and don´t move until you are told you can, otherwise you will get shot. Always.

Also, I don´t know what ID those two were flying, but I suppose it was Liberty Rogues? Those are scoundrels so what they did perfectly fits their RP role. They came for your money. It is same situation like when you walk through some darker part of the town and suddenly two scoundrels appear in front of you with pistols and ask for you wallet. Would you tell them "Good Evening May I ask What your business here is this Evening?" and then start to walk away? Yea, it would very likely end bad.

Seems some players still forget that proper RP does not have be only in form of twenty minutes of discussion. And that especially applies to pirates. Generally, this behaviour is actually against their RP role. Unless it´s pirate which wants lawfuls to appear because he wants shooting or is so cocky that he does not care, they want to get money as fast as possible and disappear before lawfuls arrive. Simple as that.
First of all, piracy is a form of RP encounter. Nothing OOC or OORP there. You were given proper inRP conversation and if you weren't interested in PVP you could have give them what they asked for. If you didn't have any credits, you could've just go and ask OOC like: //Hey, I don't have any credits, could you let me go?;

Though if you had credits, this is bad way to attempt to get out of piracy. It's same if you avoid encounter after you realized you will be blown up except, if it is really real life matter that forced you to leave the encounter.

Second, their business was already clear as they made a demand for you.

Third, if you wonder if that is okay, they gave you like 30 seconds to comply and asked for one million. I for example ask from 3 to 10 millions depending on the cargo and sometimes, if my RP obliges me, I demand all of cargo to be jettisoned and destroyed. If I face trader that is very poor, like in freighter, I ignore it.

If you want to avoid piracy, I suggest making some good routes.
Pages: 1 2 3