Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: No Servers Showing Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started up the Discovery launcher, only to find that the list of servers is completely empty -- no GC Server, no Chinese server, no Russian server, no American server (Discovering Chaos). It isn't my Internet, since I've been watching a video about another game (a playthrough of X-Com: Apocalypse) and I've had no problems accessing the GC forums and other sites. What's happening?

Edit #1: Now it's working again. What happened? Did Spazzy push the Purge All Servers button?

Edit#2: The six servers that are usually available are back again. I was wondering if I was in the Twilight Zone. Did Alley come to our rescue again?

Edit #3: I guess things are back to normal -- I can't connect to the GC Server, even though my ping is 127 (I've connected in the past many times with much higher ping.).
Edit #4: The server list is down again or I'm back in the Twilight Zone again. Confused
Edit #5: The server list is back, sort of with two servers -- Linux Server (which I've never seen before) and GhostCap Server (which is relatively new) -- the other five servers I usually see are still missing.
Edit #6: see Edit #4.
Definitely sounds like a problem on your end unfortunately.
Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem? I've never seen this happen before.
It could be a myriad of things but if only fl is affected then it may indicate issues with port 2302. I believe the only server we have around that doesn't use the default port is Discovery of Discovery, but I'm not even sure if it's still alive.
(02-07-2017, 08:53 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]It could be a myriad of things but if only fl is affected then it may indicate issues with port 2302. I believe the only server we have around that doesn't use the default port is Discovery of Discovery, but I'm not even sure if it's still alive.
That's weird. I think the last time that I saw the Discovery of Discovery server on the server list was sometime back in 2015. I just checked the optional arguments and forced arguments in my Discovery launcher -- every listing ends with 2302 except for one Russian server that ends with 2380 instead.
If you have Peerblock, make sure it's turned off. That'll cause servers to not show up.