Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: PROJECT: AXC-1002-F
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PROJECT: AXC-1002-F

WARNING: THIS FILE IS CLASSIFIED UNDER THE PROTOCOL ZETA-K1-A, PROHIBITED VIEWERS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.

Introduction

As time goes on, technology degrades and people grow stronger. Humanity begins to adapt, be it naturally or through new advances. Regardless, conflict - like in history - is inevitable. It’s unavoidable. Mankind constantly seeks new means of destruction. Such advances have slowly but surely began to surpass our capabilities of matching strength with many of our enemies. Failing to observe and to adapt to these climates will ultimately result in one’s destruction, something that we must work to avoid.

In order to succeed in preserving ourselves in the face of danger, we need to evaluate every current and potential threat we may face throughout our time within Sirius. The most notable issues that we currently face is that we lack firepower, mobility, and a place to even harbor larger vessels. Because of this, we lack the ability to even make use of the designs that Keeper Revenant had obtained during her escape from The Core, such as AP-540s, AP-609s - large capital-class vessels. Even moreso, our ability to maintain even a moderate number of large craft is severely hindered. We are heavily reliant on our associates and allies in and around The Independent Worlds to keep our fleet well maintained. A solution for longer duration flights needs to be taken into consideration on top of our need to remain better equipped and more mobile than our adversaries.

When reviewing what options are available, and what templates can be examined as a foundation, we are limited in what’s at our disposal. Much of AP-Manufacturing’s vessels were designed with mass production in mind, thus the components wouldn’t be hard to come by in order to replicate the designs we have. However, doing so would not only be inefficient, but contradictory to the point of seeking technologically superior options we can use over our foes. Our best template - one of the largest vessels of APM origin, is the AP-535 “Bullhead”. Namely, our flagship - The Eidolon Wraith. While outdated by five versions of the Bullhead chassis, the Eidolon has received extensive modifications and upgrades for longevity in the field and benefits during long-range flights. That feature is relatively important when considering how little time we may have when operating from a shipyard, drydock or maintenance-capable facility such as Leniex, Invergordon or on the rare occasion - Southampton.

The AP-535 - or rather, Bullhead - was initially envisioned as a heavily reinforced variant of the AP-430 “Thresher” Destroyer. A vessel designed to fill the role of support for heavy combat deployments with more firepower and tougher hull plating at the cost of size and maneuverability. Regardless, it retains a certain level of finesse in combat that surpasses other vessels of similar class. Capturing the role and finesse of the Bullhead is another milestone, but it doesn’t quite fill the effectiveness gap that we face. While the Eidolon Wraith remains a formidable opponent on its own, it’s often outnumbered and occasionally outgunned by its opponents in direct warfare. Compensating with the deployment of our largest assets has been sufficient, but costly and difficult in terms of general maintenance.

Auxesian Research & Development was tasked with envisioning a means of sustaining finesse, longevity of flight, and firepower. A means of surpassing our foes on the field through superior technology and design. The project code AXC-1002-F has been created. R&D, with the assistance of Keepers Leviathan and Revenant, as well as an external contact, have envisioned the concept of a middle ground between the Bullhead and AP-609 Mako. A vessel specifically oriented for prolonged engagements and direct warfare, while retaining the finesse and longevity of its foundation. The engineers within Auxesia have pushed more on the aspect of firepower, classifying the project as an Assault Frigate. Because of its classification and intention, the project has been nicknamed “Eradicator”, and further talks have decided that the initial prototype would be christened after Keeper Revenant - Auxesia’s founder.

The AXC-1002-F has since entered the concept phase of development.

Field Research

In order to understand what we must overcome within the vastness of space and its environment, we must prepare to understand the how’s and why’s of making a vessel resilient to time through careful studying, observations and calculations. With these results, we can carefully integrate countermeasures to the presented issues, such as radiation or razor sharp asteroids.

Therefore, a study of natural environmental scenarios such as nebulae, asteroid fields, explosive gas pockets, dark matter and radiation should be surveyed and understood for a comprehensive breakdown of composition when considering the level of detail and effort to direct towards developing a base hull concept.

The following entities should be studied:

Ice Shards
Ice Rocks
Magma Fields
Scrap Fields
Dust Fields
Asteroid Fields
Alien Crystal Fields
Organic-based Fields
Planetary Fragments
Dark Matter Storms
Dense Nebulae
Radioactive Pockets
Solar Radiation
Smog Clouds
Gravitational Anomalies

[Image: qqfuV8Y.png]
ᔕᓬᘉᗟᓲᘉᘜ ᖶᕼᓰᔣ ᓋᐻᙓᖆ ᕬ ᔤᓬᘳᕫᖆᕮ ᘉᙍᖶᙔᘎᖆᖽᐸ ᓱ'ᙢ ᖇᓬᗩᒫᒹᗂ ᕼᓏᑸᓾᘉᘜ ᘉᘎ ᓍᖶᕼᗴᖆ ᕠᓵ ᕼᕢᘳᖽᐸ ᖶᕼᓮᔕ
ᗩᘉᗂᙛᕢᗂ ᕼᘍᖆᙦ'ᔤ ᗂᓎᑧᖆ ᗥᗋᖶᕢ ᘜᕮᖶ ᓲᖶ ᙞᙍᖴᓎᖇᘿ ᓵᖶ ᕲᓬᒸᓬᖶᙍᔤ

Translating Data...

In light of the research, some of the workhold was leased out to external sources in order to lighten the workload and maximise efficiency with results, as our ships would be... greated warmly in certain areas. Wild Goose hunts aren't favourable.

The following is complete:

Radioactive pockets - completed by HS-Harama - Results. - Commission of Contract

Alien Crystal fields, Organic-based fields, Planetary Fragments - completed by Dr. Weiss Hausenberg - Commission - Completion

Remaining tasks to complete:

Dense Nebulae
Ice Shards
Ice Rocks
Magma Fields
Dust Fields
Smog Clouds
Scrap Fields
Dark Matter Storms
Gravitational Anomalies

- Keeper Revenant

Translating Data...

Access now granted to: Doctor James Erzie, Doctor Dr. Weiss Hausenberg of the I.F.S-Arant.

- Keeper Revenant

[Image: NUiGr2B.gif?1]
TRANSMISSION SOURCE - New York, Planet Manhatten, Bay 16A
ENCRYPTION - EXTREME [%AX-501051-6267:002]
SENDER - Dr. Weiss Hausenberg
SUBJECT - Getting to Work

Guten tag,

You remember me, I hope. My name is again, Doctor Weiss Hausenberg from the University of Munich. The meal today was exquisite, though I found myself eating only the sweets and pastries, for as you know Rheinland is not famous for it's sugary, soft-crusted confections. After a hearty celebratory meal with the crew and Captain, I accessed your network concerning this project and looked over what subjects required a more in-depth touch. Considering our proximity to the Liberty system I looked into the star maps and found two systems that would enable me to knock off another three off your list - Ice Shards, Ice Rocks, Dark Matter Storms, and Scrap Fields. Those two systems being Texas and Magellan, located within the heart of Sirius; Liberty.

I must say, I had never left Rheinland, at least in part never completely; so when the Captain, whom was born a Libertonian, offered to show me around his home space, I was eager to simply "let him drive". Our first stop after leaving behind New Berlin was Texas, stopping briefly on Planet Houston to re-stock on basic amenities before cruising over towards the site of one the most devastating dark matter explosions recorded in history. Using the South Dallas Debris field as a shield from the radiation, we launched three probes five thousand kilometers away before entering the cloud. Afterwards the crew activated the ship's active and passive scanners and used the probes to amplify their range and radius to compensate for the effects the radiation were wreaking upon their systems.

We managed to identify three distinct zones to start our observations from - Probe 1, which picked up an unusually dense and visible spectrum of dark matter, which we theorize to be a sort of cold matter formed of axion particles. Probe 2, which picked up and barely managed to identify as the Ft. Worth, an old Liberty C-class Transport which, if I'm not mistaken has had three hundred years of dark matter to bask in. Probe 3 was the most promising, having picked up the remnants of what may have either been the Dallas Research Station or a part of the ill-fated jump gate which caused the mass exodus of half a star system. We briefly lost telemetry and video with Probe 4, but regained visual feeds, noting it had stopped somewhere in the Dallas Debris field.

Granda Negra Probe Data

Dark Matter is a form of material that's invisible to the electromagnetic spectrum, where it neither refracts nor absorbs light, thus rendering it non-visible to the naked eye and scanners. It is similar to how cloaking devices nowadays, a rare but obtainable technology, using mirrored meta-materials and the ship's power-core to form an artificial field around the vessel it is installed upon, rendering it invisible to the naked eye and scanners which rely on the electro-magnetic signatures a ship emits to pick up. The drawbacks of this sort of system is, of course, the amount of raw energy it requires; needing a constant supply of disposable batteries to function, depending on it's make and the amount of time between it's activation and de-activation. With the current state of the dark matter storm still raging within the Grande Negra, I deemed it too risky and dangerous for a manned survey team to gather samples. We would have to suffice with the on-board equipment and the unmanned probes we sent out.

Looking up the records of the Texas system, I have noted that it has been nearly three-hundred and twenty years since the cataclysmic event known as the Dallas Incident of 500 A.S, where since the evacuation has had little traffic since then. It can be inferred that the site has been untouched for three centuries and may prove to be a veritable treasure trove of data, so I pray the probes hold up in this radiation until we are finished with our little expedition. It is known that dark matter makes up, at the very least, seventy-percent of the universe we live in. Two distinct varieties exist of dark matter, one which is cold dark matter which is dominated by the Axion particles and it's counter-part the hot or warm dark matter, which consists of a more visible gaseous form of particles that have interacted with it's surrounding environments; forming a cluster of stars that renders it visible to the naked eye. It is similar to aurora's in that they are formed naturally through a mixture of solar winds and plasma bombarding the electrons and protons present within a planet's magnetosphere, causing it to become a remarkable and visible source of light in it's artic and polar regions.

Examining the findings we have managed to retrieve from the wreckage, it can be said that the Grande Negra, her sister cloud the Pequena Negra, and the parts that still linger from the moment of the incident, are a mixture of both cold and hot dark matter. The experimental jump gate must have been remarkably advanced, for it's time, and unstable for it to have distorted the surrounding space so much so that dark matter, which is normally invisible to the naked eye and have formed such large clumps visible even from Planet Houston. I know not what this knowledge could do to help you, but as dark matter affects and in turn effects gravity, it can in theory be held in place and captured as a source of energy. This could again, in theory, be used to render current day cloaking batteries and technology obsolete if a theoretical "dark matter reactor" could be made, using it's natural properties to "sheathe" a ship in it's cloud. Something like that could take decades, perhaps even centuries, if it is even possible. I hope this has helped you, as dark matter is still not as well-known and understood as other subjects in the scientific field. Everything about it is theoretical and conjecture, at best.

Quote:Addendum, Assistant Researcher Tomasi, New York Scrap Fields
This is Andrew Tomasi of the Independent Freelance Ship, Arant. With all the work the doctor has gone through, he is now resting whilst the rest of my team and I will be adding this small attachment alongside the main report on dark matter. The scrap fields surrounding the Grande and Pequena Negre have little to no resources of value, their compositions containing a mixture of titanium, vanadium, iron, steel, and molybdenum. All traces we have already noted within the clouds themselves, although their heavily irradiated forms de-values even the jump gate parts we found. Any technology that could have been of use have long since degraded beyond repair. Though there is a possibility the black box of the Ft. Worth can be salvaged and, through extensive physical and digital repair, be used to find path and vector the route it took on it's way to the Dallas Research station. The storage pods there may or may not still hold some remnant of whatever technology they could have used to build their jump gate.

In the New York system, we have three notable fields of scrap of varying sizes, starting from the largest. The Pittsburg Debris Field, Jersey Debris Field and Detroit Debris Field. Despite the years and 'attempts' at Liberty to clean up and recycle the wreckage and by-products of civilized construction,
there are still large traces of old parts and materials that can be used. In a pinch they can be refurbished or melted down to create temporary fixes for damage suffered during battle and/or used to create sub-par, but usable unmanned probes with a basic chemical short-burn engine, optics and surveillance equipment. These probes could then be, theoretically, hidden within the scrap fields and used to gather intelligence without risking the lives or jeopardizing the existence of your organization.

New York Scrap Fields

The team and I have made this report based on the information the doctor has shared with us of your goals. They and I hope it helps.

Good day,

This is Assistant Researcher Tomasi, continuing Doctor Weiss Hausenberg's work on the completion and in-depth analyzing of the subjects required for Project AXC-1002-F. We will now be touching upon the subjects of Ice Shards and Ice Fields, both can be found in the Wendell Ice Fields and The Barrier. Seeing as they are both one and the same, we will summarize them in one paragraph.

As expected of ice, which is H2O's solid form, it is made up of two parts oxygen and one parts hydrogen. Although the time it has spent in space may include some danger as contaminants can just as likely cling to the chemical structure and cause impurities to form. The probes sent out have recorded several areas of interest we will be securing samples from, mostly ice asteroids of sufficient mass and concentrated areas of ice shard particles and crystals.

Magellan Probe Data

With the amount of crew on hand I sorted them out and had the Captain of the Arant drop them off at their locations with the necessary equipment and, for the time being, took up the doctor's position of overseer and watched over the data-feeds as they came in real-time. Although we are aware of tensions recently rising between Liberty and Gallia, we have had little incident so far and asides from a few small skirmishes between the Liberty and Gallic Navy. As this is not an advanced subject I do not believe I will need to explain this further, but I can theorize as to why you require studies into these two subjects. In deep space, water is unusually rare unless proper fields in the border worlds are found. Bi-weekly or monthly trips to a Freeport would also be required if that is not possible, but, understandably due to the nature of your work and the supposed risks inherent in being associated with your organization, I highly recommend that a self-sustained method of refining ice into water be obtained as soon as possible.

Although the smaller ice shards have a higher chance of impurities, the asteroids on the other hand can be, when mined with the proper equipment, have 99% of the impurities removed near instantaneously and stored in the cargo hold for a period of six months, where afterwards any remaining water should be disposed of and the sealed containers they have been stored in to be cleaned and disinfected of any bacteria that may form. Storage should be in a cool, dry area. Recycling of water is, of course, possible although that should be restricted to the facilities of hygiene. We have experience with this due to the fact the Arant is a gunboat built to house a maximum of thirty people, with it's previous stock minimum being only ten. We hope this report has helped you in your endeavors towards the preservation of knowledge and the eradication of the threat we face in the Nomads.

I will be forwarding this in place of Dr. Hausenberg once we return to the Liberty system.

Best regards,

Dr. Andrew Tomasi, Assistant Researcher to Dr. Hausenberg, University of Munich

Translating Data...

Doctor Hausenberg, your work was verified and validated, the funds should be received shortly.

- Keeper Revenant

Translating Data...

For verification purposes, as of now, the funds have been sent.

[Image: wURcReG.png]
- Keeper Revenant