Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Roleplay Retconned: AFC / GMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AFC and GMG had their roleplay consequences retconned regarding the following instances:

Quote:GMG transmission to the Newport Administration regarding building of depots and subsequent hostility: based on a cosmetic system change out of any player's control.
AFC's response as the Newport Administration: trying to take ownership of a generic IFF base.
GMG's FR5 on AFC from the resulting roleplay.

Consequences:

The following chain of roleplay has been addressed and voted on by the administration to be reconnected. The GMG are free to re-apply the FR5 request based on roleplay not related to this chain by submitting a new request. The threads involved will be locked and archived.
Alright. So first of all I would love to thank you for inviting both leaders to Skype chat and making final decision while I was asleep. Also I would love to thank you for such a swift vote in record time because a vote which passed in period of 4 hours is something we haven't seen for ages.

Now. I am not happy with decision you've made and approach you showed us in Skype chat. You invited us both and asked us to solve it via peaceful way... And when at the end John finally made the comm which would lead to peaceful solution inRP (We are on RP server, I thought) you just nuked Skype chat with "You two will never come to final solution" and enforced retcon of as I said valid RP. I agreed that both factions screwed up, AFC by replying to Comm and acting like self-proclaimed owners of ??GENERIC?? STATION and GMG by contacting, I mind you it was ooRP screw up, but all I can see is GMG being punished for valid RP. These hostilities lasted for months and nobody really cared. InRP consequences that's everything what caused ooRP drama on RP server. [sarcasm] I am glad you've taken into consideration RP aspects of GMG.[/sarcasm]

Oh and BTW. This drama was made by the staff as we've found out in Skype chat. One saying AFC "CAN" act as owner and others saying AFC "CANNOT". IF that's true then the STAFF should be punished and not faction which followed its RP. I would love to know if the staff is closely connected with this drama and if yes then I would love to see an apology and everything being reverted.
(02-20-2017, 05:16 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]but all I can see is GMG being punished for valid RP.

I disagree

(02-20-2017, 05:16 AM)Shinju Wrote: [ -> ]These hostilities lasted for months and nobody really cared.

I disagree

Do you really think putting blame back on Admins is a good thing to do right now?
Also i dont see why you couldnt make an effort to make a thread that took 2 seconds to make but rather you came to a conclusion that i reject your offer.

Ty for retcon.
w/e redacted
(02-20-2017, 08:09 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ] did make a comm, and it was promptly deleted.

Interesting. This is the first time i hear about this. Shinju didnt even say it herself.
Can you please elaborate?

Edit: Sorry.... wrong account.

I'd also be interested in knowing ... out of curiosity if was at all responsible in adding Newport additions
Just out of curiosity since you say you are 2ic.
Thanks John. But I would love to hear admin's opinion.

But because I have to bother with you ONCE again, then I will fully describe it again. We are on RP server... My character (Mia is supposed to be mean and cruel) didn't like your inRP poor reply. So MY character didn't bother to reply again. I am not going to break rules and things I've set up for my character just because you don't want to post a reply which would simply say "Okay we should talk". But instead you said " If you want to continue then make new comm" and this one turned my character away. There wasn't any ooRP hate before but all of this stuff and drama caused by one single incident makes my feelings toward you a bit worse. It's just an RP game.

And you can't deny it's admin's fault as well. You said one of them told you could act as administrator. Then others stepped in and told you you can't. If the staff had gone through it in details back then, then nothing would have happened. Ofc it's just a speculation "What IF" but you must admit Admin's, GMG and AFC screwed up but it seems unfair just GMG gets slapped for it.

And are you going to argue again over forums? Fine, I am going to argue as well and show community my opinion.

1st: Depots were made by devs, so GMG inRP went to inspect it and contacted Newport administration.

However you replied because you thought you COULD and because ONE ADMIN told you that YOU can act as administrator of ??GENERIC?? Base?

This is the key element. I don't know what was Meph's intention, but here you can see all involved parties screwed up.

As everyone said you didn't have to reply but you did and then you can't get over RP consequences so Admins had to be dragged in again and MY faction which followed its RP and hadn't screwed up ooRPly as much as you did, got slapped. That's my problem and I would love to solve it ASAP because all of this crap makes GMG look like fools.
I disagree with pretty much everything you posted above. You already know my views and the Admins know it as well. I dont need to repeat myself.

Edit: and oh so there wasnt a post that was quickly removed. I wonder what you ment then, Mr 2ic.

Edit: if you dont mind, I would like to not be called by my actual name. Thanks
After we invited you into the joined admin/dev chat and heard the story from both sides, we have reviewed the situation between the AFC and GMG and came to a conclusion that, as already stated, both factions made mistakes. However the GMG approaching Newport about ''illegally built depots'' that were a cosmetic change introduced in one of the recent patches and outside of any player's jurisdiction, as an excuse to open hostilities with a player-controlled group - to not be acceptable roleplay.

After looking at your overall situation and the amount of bickering of who did not reply to who or make a transmission to who, we discussed it, voted on it and solved it for you. The GMG never sent out that comm. Any development from that point is mute.
If you really want to shoot the AFC, feel free to find more legitimate reason to do so.

As for the ''drama the staff made'', please link us to the post where a server administrator said that Nomnom may act as the owner of the station and we will then look into it. Given that the AFC were one of the candidates for their own station and possibly an NPC faction, that seems like an odd statement.

As for 's comm, I do not see any recent threads made from his account in the RP section that would be marked as hidden.
I just quote'd what mr. omononikno said in Skype chat. And if you actually go through AFC feedback you would find stuff related to it and even mr. Omjonomnom blaming the staff regarding AFC/GMG stuff.

I assume Mr. Omnombomnom wasn't lying there. And I am not going to bother with stuff on Skype. Being awake just for 30 minutes out of +-12 hours since the chat was created made you assume it's not going anywhere. Mr.omnomnomnom made a new thread and that's something we all tried to achieve, am I right? It was even one of the two options you gave us. And shortly after you just did what you wanted to do. Retcon everything. So it just seems you invited us to satisfy your need for drama and when Omnomhombom agreed to RP solution you kicked us out and did this. Poor approach.

However I don't have a problem with it. It's okay.
I am sure you can figure this out. You are free to place any roleplay repercussions towards one another as you see fit from here, but we would like that you put that particular instance with and Newport Depots behind you.

If you need any further help, ask.
Pages: 1 2