Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omega-5 and Omega-9 should be swapped on the map.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Considering the system skybox and atmosphere, Omega-5 is depicted to be close to The Barrier, much closer than Omega-9, this is further emphasized by the Omega-5 system's ambient lighting conditions and the extensive ice field, and that Omega-9 is basically one big composite Walker cloud.

However, on the Universe map, Omega-5 (supposedly closer to The Barrier) is actually displayed inside the Walker nebula, while Omega-9 (supposedly inside the Walker nebula) is displayed almost at the bottom of The Barrier. I believe these are swapped erroneously with each other.

This breaks the atmosphere of these systems, but it would take no more than a minute to fix.
Would look weird with the jump hole connections on the map then.
(02-24-2017, 05:47 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Would look weird with the jump hole connections on the map then.

I think he's suggesting a simple skybox change between the two.
Then the title is wrong.
(02-24-2017, 05:49 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2017, 05:47 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Would look weird with the jump hole connections on the map then.

Not necessarily, the connections wouldn't get funkier that those of the omicron systems, anyways. If that's an issue, there are two approaches to take here:

- (1) Either reroute some of the jump-connections
- (2) Swap the atmosphere of these systems (which wouldn't be easy, as both systems are unique in their own way)
(02-24-2017, 05:49 PM)Jeremy Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]

Also, changing the skybox requires tweaking the ambient lighting as well, which is no longer a trivial issue to fix.
Swapping the skyboxes and light sources is easier than changing the connections, as you would interfere with the roleplay environment here.
I like my blue omega-5 stop
O9 should either be developed into something interesting, or simply deleted.
We have plans for Omega-9 so don't worry. Wink
Pages: 1 2