Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer ID - Allies and Affiliation, other question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I write with a thing connected to the second part of this statement. I am well-aware that Freelancer ID can have allies, be them temporal or bounty-board ones. There is also ruleset in regard to flatrate fees. Is the proper Communication Channel enough to attack X faction, if it mentions "you'll be paid for killing X faction and supporting Y faction"?

Also, I would like to make another question, because it is a pretty problematic in case of Zoners. Let's say my character gets paid by The Core to hunt Zoners within Omicrons. However, due to the fact Zoners are neutral to everyone AND the fact Zoners are a loose organization which isn't as one-bodied like corporates or militaries, does it still require me to have Zoners as hostile?

Zoners seems to be a special case in here, because they are de jure one faction, but de facto they are as unaffiliated as Freelancers within roleplay, but rulewise they act as one faction. Or is there any other hybridic set of rules when it comes to Zoners, due to their unique status?
Common sense, usually. Zoners are a faction, as they use a certain identity for their appearance, just as the junkers do. Not every junker is either Marauder or Congressman.

What really bothers me though is the fact that under certain circumstances I am not allowed to assist my waifu.
(02-25-2017, 06:01 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]What really bothers me though is the fact that under certain circumstances I am not allowed to assist my waifu.

Which is honestly pretty stupid. I mean I had this issue like 3-4 times already and still engaged then with RP, didn't get a report, so well I guess it depends on the situation. If they showed they belong to each other before the attack or even bear the same lastname a sanction would be hilarious, in other more unclear cases it can be sanctionable sure...
Actually, I think Freelancer can support other Freelancer if there's roleplay on the forums or there's third guy who can prove stuff that X an Y characters are somewhat related so friendly. To my little mind, if there's forum roleplay behind it - I would be fine if X and Y were able to cover each other. You know, because there's stuff that is basis for both to help each other.