Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hellfire's notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some might have noticed that I am not logging anymore for some time already.

If not, don't mind the following and go on with your life.

Anyways, I take this announcement to point out a few things that made me keep a bit of distance from disco.

I had some fun when I first joined the community, had my good and my bad days like everyone else here I guess until I've kinda seen it all.
And recently I started asking myself some questions about why I actually log, what it is I am doing the whole time I log and if it really is fun or if it has just become a habit to fly through those never changing systems, shoot NPCs, sometimes players, get rekt by the same people over and over again without anything new to do, to see, to experience, in short, without anything new to discover.

I have tried many roles in here, I have tried pirating, trading, being a freelancer who get's hired...

I think I am not the only one who has noticed the lack of love given to snubs, particulary fighters and the overwhelming buff and shinies given to caps, resulting in more and more people only grinding credits to get the biggest mostly armed capital ship as it is fairly discouraging getting killed over and over again by the more capable snub pilots.

And this makes me a bit upset that most ships seen nowadays are caps. Hell, even the newbies fly mostly caps as soon as they got the cash for it...

Also, like I said a few lines above, the lack of content is what pains me the most.

We have nothing new so far. No new systems to discover, no new planets, no new features. It's just the same stuff, with the same features over and over again, same empty systems (Gallia, Kusari) taking up space we could use for planetary exploration or even space cities we could fly/fight in. But it's still called "Discovery"...

And well, my work and the resulting lack of time doesn't help either...

So for the time being, i'll stay a bit away from Disco until I decide to give it a try once more to see if anything has changed (and no, nobody get's my stuff)

It's been fun, but it's not evolving enough for me to stay hooked like I thought I would.

Stay safe everyone.
Well buddy, take your time... i hope you came back soon...
Take care mate, we'll be here once the withdrawal kicks in and you decide to come back. Smile
(02-27-2017, 09:38 AM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: [ -> ]Take care mate, we'll be here once the withdrawal kicks in and you decide to come back. Smile

This.

<3
Take care man
See you (hopefully sooner than later). Especially CR needs people who get up again and again.
It is a pity but understandable... Take care Hellfire, if you need someone to talk I will be there, ok?
Take care man. Disco should be there (maybe even will evolve a bit) when you come back. Until then, good luck with whatever you're willing to do.
I'm back by the way Big Grin
What a gravedig...
Pages: 1 2