Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dark Matter Research Archives From Previous Research Endevours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following research is open to Scientists for the Bidding Process.

(08-23-2016, 10:22 PM)Devastator Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: x9g5V9L.gif]

TO: IRG

Kon'nichiwa friends,

I was sent the data on what has already been covered and I have been working on the second issue: Storing the energy efficiently. I believe that networked super capacitor batteries are the best option for this as they allow for quick and easy transfer of power and can be easily connected and removed from the network. This would insure that any repairs of overloads would be able to be isolated and contained.

[Image: KGDT1Bb.jpg?1]

Each plate is its own super capacitor battery. As you can see in this 3d model there are two bays in which the super capacitors sit one is where they are charge and the other is where they discharge. This creates a problem however which is bleed off. While the regulator disused before hand would certainly limit how much energy would enter the "engine" if something was to fail and one of the Batteries were to explode there would be a catastrophic chain reaction that could quite possibly destroy the station. Which is where the "Bleed Panels" as I am calling them come in.

[Image: QgcmnQL.jpg?1]

In the diagram you can see a buildup of energy has triggered a second fail safe system the bleeds an energy surge back to the Faraday cage surrounding the station. This will give us as much power as we want or as little as we want to have inside the base. The Fail safe would work in this manner: The Batteries become over charged and auto discharge to prevent a catastrophic melt down. the surrounding batteries can not handle the excess energy. A network of optical chip sensors that activate the bleed panels instantly. the bleed panels are stripped of ions creating a focus point for the discharge which is then piped via supper conductors to the Faraday cage surrounding the station and released back into the cloud.

Sayōnara

(01-21-2017, 05:23 AM)Devastator Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: x9g5V9L.gif]

TO: IRG

Kon'nichiwa friends,

I have been working on power surge and fail-safe for project Tenebris Materia. For an answer to the power surge problem with the extensive wiring system the station already has we could insert limit switches at intervals along the wiring. Using Optical Chips if an excessive amount of energy is detected running through the gate it would redirect the energy back out to the Faraday cage. Since the switches and chips are easy enough to come by the hardest part of this step is the programming which our scientist are not necessarily trained for.

[Image: xMCFpcl.png?1]

As for the mechanical fail-safe I would propose a type of jettison system once a meltdown is observed. Once installed a general threshold would be set for the amount of power out put for regular base operations. If the power out put exceeded this level and continued to rise a hatch would open and expel the contained generator into space. Once clear of the station Ion thrusters would charge off of the overcharge delaying the inevitable detonation and distancing itself from the station.

I hope this is of help to you. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these solutions.

Sayōnara