Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi I am new!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I notice this game on youtube and thought of giving it a try! All I can say is, so far, great experience!

I met with 2 players earlier before i logged out and they thought me a few tips in mining behind planet erie. Both sponsored me 1 million credits - I don't know why lol. So shout out to DSE .... something ( i forgot his name - i know it starts with DSE) and the other player!

Name is 'Limbus' in game. Got a sunburst ship and i don't know how to go about in getting a new ship. Recommendations for a new player?
Welcome to Discovery, DSE is a good faction, take a look at their recruitment page and see if you can join! have fun!

Also, different shipyards and stations have different ship its all on what faction you want to play as.
Welcome to discovery! once you're here, you can never leave mwahaha!

If you're looking to make profit quickly, i'd recommend doing mining jobs for transporters as you can make a lot of cash that way. if you mine alone, save up for a hegemon ( around 18 million) with 2750 cargo. decent for a solo miner. ores like gold (found in dublin), diamond (found in omega-11), platinum(found in alberta), and copper (found in kansas) are great for mining with in a hegemon, or you can use those ore spots as an advantage for finding people who are willing to pay you good cash for filling their inventories. and transporting things such as beryllium ore, and kyushu rice seems to be a source of good profit too based on observations.
Hello and welcome.

Most people you find here are willing to help a new player and are friendly. Be sure to check out the /showrestarts command if you want to start as any of the ingame factions in their area's. If your not sure about a ship...just ask here on the forums, your sure to get detailed info on how a ship handles or whatnot. When your ingame though....explore! Smile there is so much to see, do, and find.

L
Hey What's up new Guy Smile

What I found works well in a build-up phase is, once you're able to accumulate around 1.8 to 2 million credits, is to make your way to Planet Pittsburgh in the *Manhattan New York system & buy a Camara freighter. For the price, it's a great ship to upgrade to in the beginning in comparison to the Stargazer you started with...it's uber cheap, & for the price, has a very generous cargo capacity. Once you take that first upgrade, you'll find that you'll be able to afford your next upgrade very quickly in comparison.

I personally like my second upgrade to be a Bumblebee freighter. You can buy it in the Shikoku System on Planet Junyo...I don't remember the price of it off the top of my head, but, compared to the Camara, it's an exponential leap in cargo space, & once you get to that point, I'll leave it to you to figure out what you want to do from there.

...'cause at that point, you won't be in shallow water anymore & it'll be up to you to sink or swim. Ya'know?

There's alot of helpful tools you can explore on the top drop-downs of the forums & any number of people willing to help you figure stuff out. Never be afraid to ask.

Good luck, & maybe one day we can try to kill each other Smile

* sorry...minor brain fart
Hello there! Enjoy your stay here. As others have said, it's up to you what you fly next, so go ahead and discover! Big Grin
Welcome to Discovery! I'm an Angel, name's Zyliath.
Check my signature for the Forum&Server Rules - they are mandatory to read!

As for getting a new ship, you should check every station/planet and see which ships they do sell. If you haven't done it already, ingame type the command /restart beginner to get a Sunburst outfitted with mining stuff. That should help you in racking up some cash while you're at it.

This all said, enjoy your stay!
Hey there. Enjoy your stay and welcome to our small enclave. Hope you'll find yourself comfortable here. See you in space and safe skies!
Hello Felsvar, and welcome to the wonderful world of Discovery Freelancer! It's always nice to see a new player join our ranks, and I do hope you get as much enjoyment out of this game and community as I have. As previously stated, FIRST and FOREMOST read the rules. This can go along way in getting the most out of this experience and keeping you out of unnecessary trouble. Also as recommends, use the beginner restart to get a decent starting ship capable of generating some decent creds. After that, take a look at some of the factions that are present in the game. They run the gamut from lawful "police,navy", not so lawful "pirate factions, nomads etc." and everything in between. If you ever have any problems or questions, please feel free to ask here on the forum. Most people will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Safe Skies!
Welcome,

like others said, do not be afraid to ask questions, many will try to help you. I will try to keep it short, here are some links:
wiki - Server_Commands - wiki tends to be outdated, but some stuff does not change much, in any case it can give you general idea.
wiki - IDs - Your ID determines who you are and what you can or cannot do. Read throu them.
NavMap - Never get lost. Warning spoilers.

Since you said you found us on youtube, you should check these lets play tutorials:
Discovery Freelancer 2016 Letsplay: Part 1 - Intro
Discovery Freelancer 2016 Letsplay: Part 2 - Alternative quick cash
Discovery Freelancer 2016 Letsplay: Part 3 - Progressing and discussing future purchases

Remember that you can have more characters, each can be different, for different purposes. You can have up to 7 characters on account and you can have pretty much unlimited number of accounts, that you can switch between using the Discover Launcher (tab My Accounts). Since you can easily transfer credits between them using commands, you can make cash on your miner and then buy a new ship on new character.

For starters you can mine, trade, do missions with fighter. You can use /showrestarts and /restart NameOIThefaction commands to get a faction you want. But keep in mind, that if you restart a character, you loose everything on that character, as it will be overwritten by the chosen restart template.

If you want to trade and mine, I would suggest making a new character with GMG restart and buying Kamome it offers 2800 cargo space and the ability to mine Helium-3 near gas miners in Sigma-19 system. Then you can sell the helium either on the Player owned base (POB) Iejima near the Honshu Jump Gate, or haul it yourself to for example New York and sell it for huge ammount of credits (More than you spent buying that ship.) there.

Anyway, have fun here
Pages: 1 2