Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to ask the modders here:

What computer background skills did you have before modding?

Was Freelancer the first game that got you into Modding?

What advice would you give to others who would be interested in Modding?

Computer skills? nothing special.

What got me personally into modding? Well, just willingness to improve the game. That's probably the main requirement - if you don't play yourself and just mod 'to get it modded', result will never be the best.

Advice for modders? As for Freelancer, just pay attention to lancersreactor.com tutorials and forums, they've got it all.
[quote=Igiss,Aug 28 2006, 03:07 AM]

Thank you for the input. I would like to also hear from the others whom had helped also in the mod.. whether it may be a new system, or a new ship or commmodity, i considor those also modders. I would like to hear about their background and advice. Thanks in advance. :yahoo:
RonG777,Aug 29 2006, 06:06 PM Wrote:Thank you for the input. I would like to also hear from the others whom had helped also in the mod.. whether it may be a new system, or a new ship or commmodity, i considor those also modders. I would like to hear about their background and advice. Thanks in advance. :yahoo:
[snapback]32868[/snapback]

Well, I'm not, and have not, worked on the Discovery mod, but I originally got into modding for games back when I played "Battlezone" for the PC. Best game ever, it's just too bad it doesn't work well on current day PC's.

Computer skills: Before I got into modding, absolutely none... just started tinkering.

Same advice as Igiss, the LancersReactor.Com website and forums are awesome for information for FL.
I run into moding why i know prgram games, ect. then i bought freelancer first i tough its just a simple game and then i learned how to mod from a good teacher and run into moding.