Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 2017 Discovery Wikipedia Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Good day, peeps.
With the new focus on inviting new players, we need the Disco Wiki pages to be made proper. Community input and efforts are needed. The administration team will grant Wikipedia Contributor badges to all members wanting to help their mod and keeping the place tidy. Help our mod make things less confusing for our newest peepers.

If you do not have the time to contribute with text, please use this thread to point out Wikipedia pages that take priority in updating.
Server Commands Page - I know that some of the Commands are either Worded Wrong or Where Removed, That is unless I am Typing something wrong (but believe me I've Tried ever Way I could think) and the
Code:
/autobuy reload on/off
Does not work for me. I will however Keep looking over what I use of the Wiki pages and Note the Errors and such I notice. I'd love to help rewrite them but 1)Have never Edited or Wrote Wiki pages before and 2) an still new to the Server and don't know a whole lot.

Also How about Adding a page for the Slang and Abbreviations used in the game and forum? That would really help new players. As not Everyone wants to search the Forums for a List of these Usages I for one Use my Phone while playing to look Information Up, as Alt-tab out of the game can cause problems unless i set my ship on a autopilot course 100+k away, out of Cruise.
If you're looking to refill everything, you can use

Code:
/autobuy all on

I'm not entirely sure myself of all the ammunition variants but i think the wiki covers them? I can edit the page once I'm back home if no one does before that.
(03-06-2017, 04:04 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Good day, peeps.
With the new focus on inviting new players, we need the Disco Wiki pages to be made proper. Community input and efforts are needed. The administration team will grant Wikipedia Contributor badges to all members wanting to help their mod and keeping the place tidy. Help our mod make things less confusing for our newest peepers.

If you do not have the time to contribute with text, please use this thread to point out Wikipedia pages that take priority in updating.

Hi Spazzy,

I am offering my help in Wiki updating
When i get a chance i will jump into it and make as much as i could.
Would you prefer updating existing posts ( correct Equip, ships infocards and so on with FLSTAT etc) or completely new pages?

Thanks
(03-06-2017, 06:39 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]If you're looking to refill everything, you can use

Code:
/autobuy all on

I'm not entirely sure myself of all the ammunition variants but i think the wiki covers them? I can edit the page once I'm back home if no one does before that.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=133591 it's all here
Thanks ! I was a trying a to guess what it could be, but I didn't have much luck, as you could expect. I'll go ahead and update the wiki now, if you haven't already.
Since we have the online navmap that can be updated automatically and has most infocards anyway, should we consider archiving system and base pages? Or maybe even a link to the navmap on the main page.
Cloaking Devices
Site: Link
What is wrong: No information about; Cloaking Device Mk3, Light/Heavy Batteries.

Scanners
What is wrong: Battleship Scanner should have 18000 Scan Range.

Unknown system
What is wrong: There is no access to this system. Alien Jump Gate i Kansas doesn't work.

Repair Ship
What is wrong: No information about new "repair tool... gun... something"
(03-07-2017, 12:07 AM)Aurora- Wrote: [ -> ]Unknown system
What is wrong: There is no access to this system. Alien Jump Gate i Kansas doesn't work.

The gate works. You simply have to figure out how to use it. Not gonna spoil it.
I'm thinking of making a new wiki editors skype chat, like the one we used to have years ago before it was abandoned/lost. Anyone else interested?

(03-06-2017, 06:08 AM)Jasoneagle Wrote: [ -> ]Also How about Adding a page for the Slang and Abbreviations used in the game and forum? That would really help new players. As not Everyone wants to search the Forums for a List of these Usages I for one Use my Phone while playing to look Information Up, as Alt-tab out of the game can cause problems unless i set my ship on a autopilot course 100+k away, out of Cruise.
That's http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Glossary

(03-06-2017, 11:25 PM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]Since we have the online navmap that can be updated automatically and has most infocards anyway, should we consider archiving system and base pages? Or maybe even a link to the navmap on the main page.
I think there's a lot of merit to the idea of redirecting the pages that can be pulled out of the game files automatically to the navmap page, that would save a lot of updating. At very least I think we should add links to the navmap from the outdated notices. It's actually linked from the sidebar right now, but we can add it to the main page too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4