Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

just started out.. looking forward to seeing you all Smile
Hello and welcome. Cool
Welcome, bud. Enjoy your stay. I recommend reading the rules as soon as you can, as it will help you enjoy the game more and not get sanctioned.
Welcome,

do not be afraid to ask questions, many will try to help you. I will try to keep it short, here are some links:
wiki - Server_Commands - wiki tends to be outdated, but some stuff does not change much, in any case it can give you general idea.
wiki - IDs - Your ID determines who you are and what you can or cannot do. Read throu them.
NavMap - Never get lost. Warning spoilers.

Check these lets play tutorials:
Discovery Freelancer 2016 Letsplay: Part 1 - Intro
Discovery Freelancer 2016 Letsplay: Part 2 - Alternative quick cash
Discovery Freelancer 2016 Letsplay: Part 3 - Progressing and discussing future purchases

Remember that you can have more characters, each can be different, for different purposes. You can have up to 7 characters on account and you can have pretty much unlimited number of accounts, that you can switch between using the Discover Launcher (tab My Accounts). Since you can easily transfer credits between them using commands, you can make cash on your miner and then buy a new ship on new character.

For starters you can mine, trade, do missions with fighter. You can use /showrestarts and /restart NameOIThefaction commands to get a faction you want. But keep in mind, that if you restart a character, you loose everything on that character, as it will be overwritten by the chosen restart template.

If you want to trade and mine, I would suggest making a new character with GMG restart and buying Kamome it offers 2800 cargo space and the ability to mine Helium-3 near gas miners in Sigma-19 system. Then you can sell the helium either on the Player owned base (POB) Iejima near the Honshu Jump Gate, or haul it yourself to for example New York and sell it for huge ammount of credits (More than you spent buying that ship.) there.

Anyway, have fun here
Hello and welcome to Discovery Gaming Community! Hope you will find yourself comfortable around. See you in space!
Hi I am new too! Great mod so far. I am enjoying it.
cheers for the welcome and info guys Smile