Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BBCode tutorial.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive guide to using BBCode? Everything I've learned so far is by dissecting other people's posts, but I would much rather have a more solid foundation to build upon.
Thanks in advance.
Typical, and quite disappointing. And people wonder why the server is dying.
Thank you , that's the type of response I was hoping for. I'll definitely give it a read.
Part of the problem is that BBCode is not a standardized distribution.

You can become a master here, go down the street to some other forum and find that half of what you know either outright does not work or is implemented differently.
(03-07-2017, 05:57 PM)Chance Wrote: [ -> ]Part of the problem is that BBCode is not a standardized distribution.

You can become a master here, go down the street to some other forum and find that half of what you know either outright does not work or is implemented differently.

Yes, I've ran into that problem myself. I just thought I was doing something wrong.
(03-07-2017, 05:57 PM)Chance Wrote: [ -> ]Part of the problem is that BBCode is not a standardized distribution.

The standard tag are all the same: color spoilers code and the like, however many try to use the color wheel too much for the color codes where i found that just entering the name of the color tends to be good. example:
Code:
[color=yellow] Turning the text yellow[/color]
Turning the text yellow

One thing that most people do not notice is Paragraph form and indenting can be all done with tags:
Code:
[indent] A simple two line indented paragraph,[/indent][indent]Can be written so and shows up:[/indent]
A simple two line indented paragraph,
Can be written so and shows up:
See, this ^ is the kind of tips I'm looking for. Thank you
what's the code to make text appear blurry?
Pages: 1 2