Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Privateers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Big difference between what is said you should not do and what you are allowed to do.

Bretonia is seen to condemn you as Pirates, therefore you are hunted. Behind closed doors, Bretonia doesn't care what you do outside House Space as long as it doesn't affect her Allies.

1.2 Allied Entities
The following entities, factions and organisations are recognised as being stalwart friends and allies of the Queen, the Realm and all its peoples:

The Republic of Liberty:......................Ageira Technologies....................................Deep Space Engineering
Interspace Commerce............................Liberty Navy................................................Liberty Police Incorporated
Liberty Security Force............................Universal Shipping

Anybody, below this list, is fair Game, but not in House Space, unless they fall in to this category and below:

1.5 Unfriendly Entities
The following entities, factions and organisations have earned the ire of the Kingdom of Bretonia though prior action or undertaking:
St.Denis, I'm not idiot and I know pretty well who and who I can't harass as Bretonian Privateer. We are speaking about the threat of being hunted down for piracy in Omega-3 on non-Bretonian and non-Allied vessels. I was told not to pirate Rheinlanders or I may say goodbye to my Privateer license.
(10-20-2017, 11:10 AM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]St.Denis, I'm not idiot and I know pretty well who and who I can't harass as Bretonian Privateer. We are speaking about the threat of being hunted down for piracy in Omega-3 on non-Bretonian and non-Allied vessels. I was told not to pirate Rheinlanders or I may say goodbye to my Privateer license.

Now, I never said you were an idiot, so please don't throw that my way.

As a Member of the Bretonian Government, I know what we expect from the Privateers.

May I also remind you of the Server Rules:

Bretonia
Sovereign House Space: New London*, Cambridge, Manchester, Newcastle
House Controlled Space: Dublin, Poole
Omega-3 is considered a Yellow zone for Bretonia.
House Outer Region: Edinburgh, Leeds

House Controlled Space
- House Military, Police, and Intelligence factions may enforce roleplay consequences upon any players, factions, and POBs found breaking House Laws within House Controlled Space, only if they are personally there to witness the legal infraction while uncloaked and equipped with a House Military, Police, or Intelligence faction ID.

Now, if a you are caught/seen committing an illegal infraction by an uncloaked House Military, Police, or Intelligence faction ID'ed Ship, then you deserve everything you get. Like I said:

Quote:Bretonia is seen to condemn you as Pirates, therefore you are hunted. Behind closed doors, Bretonia doesn't care what you do outside House Space as long as it doesn't affect her Allies.
We'll continue that in our PMs, since I see you do not understand what I'm asking about right now. PMs sent.

Requesting clearing the thread off stuff until this post, since it sorta went off-topic.
I take it the ID has changed from where the Privateers used to be a military auxiliary?
(10-20-2017, 10:36 AM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]And you can't pirate Rheinlanders without being banned from Bretonia having your Privateer status revoked. Been there, tried that.

That all depends my friend. Depends on their cargo and purpose. If they're running contraband...who can they cry to in the Bretonian government? The omegas are allowed on the Privateer ID but its really useless, and more so to allow for BP's to aid BAF/BPA/BIS ID's there if something comes up. But not much to hunt there except smugglers. Its true that if BP's are out harassing neutral traders in places like the omegas, its like Bretonia is cutting off its own trade from Rheinland or Kusari, or the Zoners. RP wise if there is no reason to hit them, better to let them go and not give a reason to hate Bretonia. Unless you're going to assist BAF in the Omegas, best to stick to the north side of Bretonia as a BP. The Bretonian Privateer ID is one of the most RP heavy ID's due to how much discretion they have. Your attacks could wind up making enemies of Bretonia, and send people right into the waiting arms of Gallia, or you could let some pass and hit the right ship or convoy, inflicting pain on Gallia or its shippers. But I think it follows that inrp wise you'll have your BP's that are willing to follow the intent of Bretonia, or just want to 'legally' pirate with little discretion for their actions. Inrp consequences are bound to occur.

Remember this:

Quote:2.1 - Embargo Lines
2.1.1 - Leeds Embargo
With the severing of the New London and Newcastle jump connections to Leeds and the Fall of the system to Gallic control, strictly no trade is allowed via anomaly from New London or Dublin. Those supplying the war front should travel discreetly via Manchester or Magellan.

2.1.2 - Tau Embargo and Tax
Although the Tau gate is no longer under Bretonian control, the Tau embargo line remains in effect for traders heading west of the Battleship Sterling in Dundee or north of the lane network in Newcastle.
Cargo being moved across the Tau Embargo in greater quantities than 1000 units will be charged 500,000 credits for standard cargo, and 1,500,000 credits for ores of any amount. Ships carrying less than 1000 units will be charged 100,000 credits for standard cargo and 500,000 credits for ore.

2.2 - Powers of Embargo-Enforcing Lawful Entities
BAF and BPA pilots have the right to demand the destination of traders and confirm it via intel. Those found to be trading with Gallia will be deemed in violation of 4.2 - Assisting Hostile Forces.
Traders found to be attempting to break the embargo must drop their cargo or turn it over at a Bretonian base, and may also incur a 4,000,000 credit fine if they do not cooperate.
Fleeing the scene before complying with demands will be taken as an attempt at breaking the embargo.

Certainly enough to base your RP for patrolling the Gallic warzone as a BP. Personally, I wouldn't 'pirate' just anyone (other than Gallic vessels) on a BP ID inside even occupied Bretonian systems like Leeds and Edinburgh. If they are Gallic lawful or neutrals running ANYTHING via the Leeds gate or Edinburgh gate, unless they can prove they are helping Bretonia, remind them that by using that junction, it can make them suspect of helping Gallia, and are technically in violation the of the embargo Bretonia has in place...so they might have to pay a price for braving the short route.

In more specifics, imagine trying this on the BP ID:

Quote:-Can demand cargo and credits from Gallic neutral/lawful ships anywhere and attack if they do not comply
(except Allied groups)

-Can demand Aluminium Ore anywhere from non allied vessels

This would allow a privateer to enter the other houses, if even to gather information and attempt to conduct raids on Gallic civilian traffic or goods anywhere in Sirius. Bretonia could take this action out of desperation in hopes of undercutting the Gallic economy. The BIS ID allows for simply attacking hostile vessels (to Bretonia) anywhere, but can only demand the dropping of all cargo to traders (outside their ZOI). In places like the Leeds jumpgate that's not unreasonable, but doesn't give you much freedom otherwise for traders far from the hotzone. This would be extreme but perhaps even as a temporary change it would be fun for a while to see what develops. The ore confiscation clause should definitely be added at least, and let BP's go after the Aluminium trade anywhere.

Or. just focus on opening up Kusari (finally) and add the systems Nagano, Hokkaido, Kyushu, New Tokyo, and Honshu to the BP ZOI. Inrp wise the Republic is now in a worse position and has a weaker posture these days with so much trouble from the Imperials, Blood Dragons and now possibly GMG or Wilde...Bretonia's fear of a backlash from the Republican government may no longer outweigh Bretonia's disparate scramble to hit back at Gallia while they still can. They wouldn't send officially linked Intelligence or BAF directly deployed to Kusari, but can direct the BAF's secretly sanctioned privateering force to go in, but only after Gallic military/corporations and Aluminium ore from neutrals/unfriendlies. BIS ID'd groups could also fly as back up.

Last thing this ID could use is a boost to Gallic trade by adding some quotas for goods flowing specifically along the Gallic trade routes to their forwards positions. Make it in game with bonus's for the goods and it would add incentive for more indies to get involved, Gallic or Sirian. Similar quotas could be added to the Bretonian/Liberty side for the same purpose, who's ships now would face possible GRN raids in systems like Manchester, Magellan, Cortez and California. All around we could see a boost in every form of activity from it.
Pages: 1 2 3