Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Privateers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: kZ1lmW7.png]

Good day. Before I get to involved in making an unofficial group for an existing NPC´s ID, I would like to get some clarification on a few things.

The Current Bretonian Privateer ID reads as follows.

The Privateers are a group of mercenaries and pirates who engage in piracy and raiding of houses or factions Bretonia considers hostile. They are secretly supplied and sanctioned by Bretonia, and my not commit unlawful acts inside Bretonia or against Bretonian corporations or Bretonian allies.

Pilot carrying this unlawful ID is a Bretonian Privateer, who :
-Can attack any ship in self-defense or to protect an allied ship.
-Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports. Ships
belonging to Bretonian corporations or allies of Bretonia are exempted from this.
-Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and
attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Bretonian corporations or
allies of Bretonia are exempted from this.
-Cannot ally with anyone exept with Bretonian lawfuls, Golden Chrysanthemums,
Outcast, Council and Maquis.
-Cannot use any trasports with more that 4300 cargo.

Zone of Influence: Bretonia, systems directly bordering Bretonia, Taus, Omegas, Gallic Borderworlds.
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats.

Within Bretonia, it is understood that the Privateers do not engage in Piracy. Does this include contested spaces of Leeds and Endinburgh?

Line 2, "Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports."...
Does this mean that before we can light them on fire, a demand has to be made first?

Could this ID get a rewrite to make it easier to understand what its ZOI is?

I´ll stop here and get this sorted and follow up with more questions.

Thanks for any help with this, the idea is still crawling on its knees. Just wanting to clear up a few things before it got to ahead of its self.
Cheers.
Quote:Line 2, "Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports."...
Does this mean that before we can light them on fire, a demand has to be made first?

The RP rules apply, but, if you are not engaging freighters/transports, you do not have to make a demand. This right gives you the ability to be an aggressor within the ZoI when the piracy rules are not applicable.
First of all this might help you ###

For the regional things, Edinburgh and Leeds are occupied zones, so you are free to hurt supply lines there too.
If you do end up making this faction ill happily sign up.
I'd love to see you guys roaming around again. There's a definite role for you here, please do come back. :3
Gallic Borderworlds are currently Languedoc, Provence, Lyonnais, and Lorraine. Hopefully this helps with the ZOI issue.
About time someone gets involved - I had a feeling I'm the only one playing this ID. It's actually gives one quite a lot of room for different RP purposes. For instance, I've been accepted to BAF events without any issue whatsoever.
Given that the Privateers are the only branch of Bretonia that have a raiding ID, this is effectively the offensive team for the BAF.

Here's a quick RP example.
(08-27-2017, 08:45 PM)Cyber Byte Wrote: [ -> ]Gallic Borderworlds are currently Languedoc, Provence, Lyonnais, and Lorraine. Hopefully this helps with the ZOI issue.

Yep. It's the only non-council non-Outcast ID gallic hostile ID that can raid Gallia, I believe.
If RP'd right, this is a group people will love to hate. Everyone knows how I RP and the Privateers of the past made it a pain to RP with them....at first. I'd be curious to see how this turns out.
Pages: 1 2 3