Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallic Civilian Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-11-2017, 06:36 PM)Mr NPC Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: JH5WpYF.png]

Pretty much this, and the fact that Freelancers have 90% on Gallic Civilian stuff, renders it pretty the most useless stuff in game. While I get it is House stuff - Gallia is the only house with actual dedicated civilian-sector ships, being the only house with full House Civilian snubline - beside that, in Sirius we have two House Civilian LF and one such a Bomber.

Why not to give it 100% for Freelancer ID and treat that line (HF, VHF, BMB and Freighter) as Gallic equivalent of CTE?
There have been multiple attempts to give generic IDs 100% on Gallic civilian tech. Everyone realizes that Gallia also has pirates and freelancers. The technerf is supposed to represent the technological differences between Gallic and Sirian tech, while ignoring that Gallia also has freelancer and pirates. These generic IDs also include Gallic people, believe it or not. I am pretty sure there has been at least one request from the GRN official faction to finally mend this glaring error, but nothing ever came of it.
We need a gallic civilian gunboat model :c

Also, split Pirate ID into Sirius Pirate ID and Gallic Pirate ID. The first one having 1% on gallic vessels and the later 1% on sirius/rheinland/kusari/liberty ones

Furthermore, I'd want to propose as follows:
Split Freelancers to sector ones, adding 4 ids with theoretically unlimited ZOI, as it's present in the current FL ID. However, due to the state of war, the Gallic and Libertonian/Bretonian freelancers should be able to engage each other. Imho it would make sense if a gallic civilian, with gallic citizenship, would want to support his/her house whereever possible.

And what's more important, add Au8s, class 10 shields and nuclear mines to planet new paris lel

#2manyideas

Sorry for the mess
I honestly don't think Gallia was developed with freelancers or generic pirates in mind, the idea of total freedom in an isolated kingdom heavily influenced by the ancien regime era really doesn't fit well. There really isnt much sense in having an open market ship when the only choices are either loyal subject or rebellious traitor.

You've also got to remember that the freelancer/pirate ID's are generic and as such should be below factional ID's in terms of potency.
While I do agree fully with you there, Croft, the current reality of the Freelancer ID is that it can use any ship with 75% technerf. I do really think that this makes the Freelancer ID the best ID in the mod currently in terms of ship choice. Wouldn't it be better to remove faction ships and contain the Freelancer/Pirate ID to civilian ships of all houses and BW ships?
It would make more sense especially with the ever increasing amount of faction shiplines, though that'd probably need to be balanced with some additional weapon types.
(03-11-2017, 08:10 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]While I do agree fully with you there, Croft, the current reality of the Freelancer ID is that it can use any ship with 75% technerf. I do really think that this makes the Freelancer ID the best ID in the mod currently in terms of ship choice. Wouldn't it be better to remove faction ships and contain the Freelancer/Pirate ID to civilian ships of all houses and BW ships?

This I would support, but then rethink your statement. 75% VHF is almost unplayable, unless you are an elite PVP ace - bomber is on the verge of useless with even 90% powercore.

Also, if that's the case, I'd support that as I said. The issue is, transports with less than 3600 are used by FL ID only - corporates obviously use battletransports and 5kers. And most house freighters are unusued, having better counterparts such as Kestrel on Anki for Freelancer ID. Actually, 90% of the powercore is very punitive, due to slow regen rate.
Take it from me, who is average, that you can very well play any snub on 75% and at least be useful.

Edit: Unless you're a LF or HF, which are useless. Also bombers suffer greatly from technerfs.
There is no need to discuss this. Civil tech has to be 100% on civil ships and ID's. Period.
Question to Devs and Admins:

Why House Civilian stuff cannot be open for Freelancers and Pirates in 100%? Corporate factions usually prefer flying bigger ships that aren't available for Freelancers anyway.
Pages: 1 2