Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shed a tear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just shed a tear for all the finished models meant to replace currents but devs lazy
like bret carrier and sair cruiser
*sheds tear*
[Image: 371c3d9bc2.png]
Believe.
The devs aren't lazy though. They have a real life and don't get paid for what they do for the mod.
(03-12-2017, 10:32 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]The devs aren't lazy though. They have a real life and don't get paid for what they do for the mod.

This. So much of this. Mod's come a long way since because they've worked hard on it for years, so be patient and wait. Next update's so close to completion after all.
Can I shed a tear because my Skyrim after 200 mods does not work anymore and corrupted my safe files instead?
Corruption of Champions, Foxglove.
(03-12-2017, 11:35 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Corruption of Champions, Foxglove.

I swear I got at least 100 hours in that game. Fenoxo is a naughty boi and I love it.
(03-12-2017, 11:35 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Corruption of Champions, Foxglove.

How do you also know what that is?
I don't think it's appropriate to speak about that game here.
(03-12-2017, 11:45 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]I swear I got at least 100 hours in that game. Fenoxo is a naughty boi and I love it.

tmi, Tmi, TMI, TOO MUCH INFORMATION
Speaking as the dev technically responsible for this sort of thing, it's extremely demotivating when every week I see stuff behind the scenes about how we're shutting down Discovery, how Alley/the admins are tired of it, etc.

It's also very demotivating to put two months of work into actually playing the game and then having the event those two months were directed towards being shut down because of crocodile tears.

But most of all, it's just very frustrating to work with the content of other people which is not up to quality standards. The Corsair Destroyer is not 'finished', there are serious issues with the mesh and it needs to be completely retextured. Working with somebody else's mesh is always a pain in the ass, because you're not them and you don't know the model inside and out like they do.

The Bretonian carrier still needs to be animated, hitboxed, and hardpointed, which makes it a more realistic candidate for the next update but - yet again - I need to go over the mesh and check for any issues with it.

It has nothing to do with not getting paid. You couldn't pay me to put up with a mod that is constantly 'dying', being shut down, or hacked, without really having any control over the situation.
Pages: 1 2