Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello everyone! (and already a question)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!
I am new to Discovery and to our server, but played a lot of 1.0 freelancer back in the days.

Already read all the rules I could find here on the forum, but shortly after I started, something happened that I did not know what to do.
I restarted as Beginner, mined some helium, got lvl 30+. Then I was near Erie planet and some kid (starter ship, lvl 16, NAME IN CAPS and server rules in his cargo) simply exploded me in 3 seconds, before I had any chance to even speak. What am I supposed to do in this case? Stay inside for 2 hours or leave the system?

Also I got very intrigued by the 155fps rule. In many places it says to obey, but nobody explained why this is important. Could anyone please write or give a link about this?

Thank you all and see you in space!
Well. You can report the player that killed you, given the evidence to support it. Since it was an oorp kill you don't need to wait for 2 hours.

As for the cap rate, It happens a lot that you will see ships jump around for now reason. Either their FPS is higher than the server can contain properly or they are lagging. Keeping it under 155FPS helps the server maintain a fight properly, without someone jittering all over your screen.
Since already answered your questions, I'm going to just welcome you here.

Unfortunately, issues like that are bound to happen, especially in the starter system. While reporting him might sound like the thing to do, I actually recommend against it; at least not for now. There are new players all the time, coming from different Freelancer backgrounds and so on, and it's rather difficult to get accustomed to the roleplay environment here. Sure, a sanction on day 2 of playing might serve as a lesson for him, but at the same time it might discourage him from playing here. Talking to him about it, however, will not, and he might actually learn a bit about the way things go here.

tl;dr try to help your fellow pilots/newbies before you resort to reports. And welcome. xD