Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate Demands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
A group of us have been working on a pirate faction idea for awhile, one that's plays the more downtrodden and desperate side of piracy. So to fit that theme we'll be after cargo more than credits which made me wonder, what do traders consider a reasonable demand? What amount of cargo or credits is enough to make traders look to bargin with the pirate?

I've always gone along the lines of 10 - 15% cargo and 1 mill per 1,000 cargo with the exception of freighters, 300k tops but I'm interested seeing what others think. Be as accurate or as broad as you like and please no arguing, it's a fact finding thread not a debate.

Cheers.
Never ask for more cargo than your transport can carry.
That normally leaves the trader with enough profit to continue his route without being hurt too much, without being encouraged to suicide, etc.
(03-13-2017, 07:47 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Never ask for more cargo than your transport can carry.
That normally leaves the trader with enough profit to continue his route without being hurt too much, without being encouraged to suicide, etc.
(03-13-2017, 07:47 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]Never ask for more cargo than your transport can carry.

Yep...
^
(03-13-2017, 07:43 PM)Croft Wrote: [ -> ]I've always gone along the lines of 10 - 15% cargo and 1 mill per 1,000 cargo with the exception of freighters, 300k tops but I'm interested seeing what others think. Be as accurate or as broad as you like and please no arguing, it's a fact finding thread not a debate.

That sound pretty reasonable... Personally, i recomend to new pirates to use also the "/dice" command hehehe, that will give you 1 million extra maybe hahaha. Good for ensure the interaction i guess.

That. However, there's a serious issue when it comes to credits demand itself. There are players with 5kers which ship Boron around Liberty. Only. I'm pretty unsure what to do in such a case, because I usually 'tax' people on basis of the cargobay they have, not cargo itself. And it is pretty... awkward to ask 500k from a ship that should earn around 30 million credits per non-ore run.

Oh, and what in case if player says, in a 5ker mind me, that 'they do not have credits'? I cannot change my demand, because rules forbids me to do so. Only one demand can be made and I cannot even adjust it if the trader causes problems.
I'd say it depends on whom do you pirate and what's your character's relation to the poor fellas' affiliation. See, when i as Bret Privateer pirate a forgeater, i pirate the crap out of him since our characters are supposed to kina' hate each other. In that case it's make him eject all and shoot it himself, no credits demand but request to leave system asap under supervision.
But for a regular devil-may-care pirate with no ideology behind, taking as much as one can carry is reasobable enough. So don't leave port without a pirate train Wink
From a sanction report point of view, never ask more than 100% of the player's potential profit.
(03-13-2017, 08:23 PM)Calo Wrote: [ -> ]

That. However, there's a serious issue when it comes to credits demand itself. There are players with 5kers which ship Boron around Liberty. Only. I'm pretty unsure what to do in such a case, because I usually 'tax' people on basis of the cargobay they have, not cargo itself. And it is pretty... awkward to ask 500k from a ship that should earn around 30 million credits per non-ore run.

Oh, and what in case if player says, in a 5ker mind me, that 'they do not have credits'? I cannot change my demand, because rules forbids me to do so. Only one demand can be made and I cannot even adjust it if the trader causes problems.

You issued a demand. If he can't pay, it is the same as refusing to pay. It is not your responsibility to make sure the other one can indulge your demand as a pirate. The result is a dead transport.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5