Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: playing on another pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I'm about to change internet connection and PC for about a month. Is there an option to play for the same character? Is all i have to do just to copy all the freelancer's data files to the other pc?
thx
There is the option of using FLAM (Freelancer Account Manager). With it you can turn you account into a file, copy it to the other computer activate it and you'll have the same account on that computer. This program is also used for having more than 5 characters on server.
If you don't use FLAM you can know how to save it here.
thank you
Hi

I have a problem with character replace. Someone can help me in this?
I've read a lot of posts about it on forum, but i didn't find the properly solution, how bild the character into my account. I know account manager, and i can transfer accounts, but how could i cut character from the accountant, and place it into another?
If you can help, please write it down understandly, cause englis isn't my strong point.
THX
The only way to transfer characters from one account to another is the movecharacter command. To use this log on to the character you want to move then open chat (by pressing enter) and press the up arrow to go to console. Then type /set movecharcode <code> but instead of typing <code> type a password (you will use this later). After this log into a character on the other account (the account you want to transfer the character to) and type in /movechar <charname> <code> where <charname> is the name of the character you are moving and <code> is the password you typed earlier. This will move the character from one account to the other. Keep in mind it will only work if you have four or less characters on the account you are moving the character to. Also, it costs 2,000,000. This is charged to the character that you use the /movechar command on (the 2nd one that is not being moved). Hope that is clear enough.

P.S. If you wouldn't mind would you take a look at the page describing this in the wiki here and tell me if that is understandable enough and if not how it could be made better for people who didnt learn english 1st.
All understandable, I hope with translator or without he will understand how to do this.

Good to know how to do this, thanks.
This is enough clear, and understandable.

Thanks for helping me!