Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Butt Cloaking"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If this turns out to be perceived as a serious problem what dev based solutions may be sensible and possible?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1875799
Already dropped my post in the public thread but I'll say it again here. Cloak disruptors need to be made more accessible (lower crafting requirements, maybe a watered down version sold on NPC bases for ~50 mil? And need to use a slot that punishes you less. One of the solutions we discussed was adding two CM slots to all ships, as having two countermeasure droppers does not greatly increase the anti missile effectiveness of CMs and the plugin already prevents a cloak and cloak disruptor from being mounted at the same time (see: Resheph with its multiple CM droppers).
(03-17-2017, 09:08 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]One of the solutions we discussed was adding two CM slots to all ships

well there goes variety out the window for sake of "balance" having everything with two CM slots is not the best idea IMO. i also stated in that post also, people should get Cloak Disruptor and be done with it. Everything comes at a cost, and i know im not a Dev and my words dont carry much here in this community but either way, We all sacrifice something when equipping our ships, My Osiris loses the Ability to CM incoming projectiles but im able to stop people from butt cloaking.
The moment we make all ships being able to counter everything, Haste wins. The key to win should always be to have offensive ships and support ships in the fleet. The way it is now, it is good.
(03-17-2017, 11:43 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]well there goes variety out the window for sake of "balance"

I'm not entirely sure how being forced to mount either a cloak or cloak disruptor counts as throwing variety out the window, man. The only difference between the way things are now is that you'd be able to keep a CM instead of losing one in exchange for a disruptor, same deal with a cloak.

As for 'all ships being able to counter everything', the idea was that it would come with a hefty nerf to the cloak disruptor making it use a much larger amount of batteries - maybe two or three uses per fight. It wouldn't be a thing you could just spam repeatedly during an extended engagement anymore.

It's not an ideal solution, but neither is making cloaks entirely useless (giving them core drain), or turning them into tools that allow people to effectively avoid blues 100% of the time, a-la old fighter cloaks, though I do think the charge time on cruiser and battleship cloaks needs to be toned down slightly.

The irony is that the only reason I'm engaging in this discussion is because the admin team is asking for viable solutions. The balance team is supposed to be on indefinite probation right now and not messing around with the meta of the game, so I'm not even sure why I'm throwing ideas out there.