Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Speed Wing: Lab 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: E2l47e8.jpg?1]

CURRENT PROJECT: ZEUS
DARK MATTER ENERGY GENERATION
SESSION 1

Sunny: Sunny had got the message from Hyun and would be entering the labs now. He looks around and then spots him off at one of the larger monitor work station. Waving a little, he walks over while putting a cigar between his lips.

Hyun Shik: "Sunny how many times do I have to tell you not to smoke in here." Hyun says as the nanites light Sunny's cigar for him. He barely bats an eyelash as he continues to look at the screen. "I think IRG was on the right track they just kind of forgot we existed. I think we should pick up from where we left off the idea is sound but theories only go so far." Hyun finished as Sunny took the first puff of his cigar. A small warning light went off and Hyun pushed a couple of buttons on his arm. The labs ventilation system kicked in and the alarm went dead.

Sunny: Sunny smirked when he saw the cigar light up. He took a nice puff as he kept the cig resting between his lips. His eyes looked up as he hears the alarm and he rolls his eyes a little and takes the cigar out of his mouth. "Mm... Who knows what they are up to, but we shouldnt wait on them any longer. We've got what we need to start anyway, right?"

Hyun Shik:"Yes, we have what we need." Hyun stretched. "Well lets start with some supercapacitors and see where that puts us."

Sunny: Sunny smokes another puff. "You're sayin' that as if you want me to help you." He smirks a bit, raising his eyebrow. "I mean I don't mind, but.... I'm not sure where you are going with this or what you mean."

Hyun Shik: "Well the first thing we need to do is figure out how much energy we are dealing with and how to contain it. There are some super conductors in the component closet over there if you could hook one up to that terminal in the shielded section. I am going to hook up an amp meter to the system so we can get some numbers." Hyun finished as he headed for the equipment closet.

Sunny: "A what to a what with a what? I'm fluent in Engines, Hyun. Wait for me to catch up a little, will yeah?" Sunny smokes another puff and doses the flame on the end of the cigar. As soon as he steps towards the component closet, the messager he has with him beeps and he picks it up. He reads it over quickly and the continues.
"Hey do I need a suite on or somethin'?" He asks Hyun from across the shop.

Hyun Shik: "Installing a superconductor here is exactly like replacing one on your engine. Just attach the super conductor to the inputs. And no you don't need a suit there is a fail safe that keeps the unit from powering up before the shielding is in place. " Hyun finishes as he drags some cables and a box from the closet.

Sunny: "Good good... I was worried I'd get my cut damaged from this work." He says with quite some seriousness and he picks up the required cables and start the installing process. "You know, I can't blame them fully. The IRG. It's just that they wont tell us anything of what's up. We cannot wait any longer and it's time to move on with or without them... Does it go into this one here.... eh... there we go. All set here!"

Hyun Shik: Hyun finishes setting up the amp meter and switches it to the highest setting. "Alright that's all set. Ok you may want to put your cut in the protected closet as we won't really know whats going to happen." We are after all practically going to let that storm loose inside the station." Hyun said an obvious smile on his face. Sunny recognized the wild look in his eyes. Things were about to get interesting.

Sunny: "You're lucky you remembered to tell me that, Hyun." Sunny squints at him, but then it would obviously be just a joke as he'd smirk just moments after. Taking off his coat, he'd hang it up in the secured closet. Before taking it off though, he takes an orb that was in his pocket and places it down on the floor. The orb starts to move on its own, lighting up red as it would follow Sunny.
Underneath his jacket he'd have a plain white shirt on and his muscles would be showing on his arms with tatoos also visible. As Sunny walks back to Hyun, the orb lights up more and a series of lights shine up.
"Hope you dont mind if we have a bit more extra help, do yeah? I'm not sure if you met Diata yet."
A red hologram would appear of a cybernetic looking woman and would wave. "Greetings. I am Diata, a Data Intelligent Analysis and Technological Assistant. At your service." The Hologram would speak from the orb's speakers in an AI-sounding voice.
"She's a special kind of AI I picked up. Been programing her." Sunny looks back at the hologram.

Hyun Shik: Hyun lets out a low whistle. "Dang Sunny you never told me you were handy with AI's. You will have to explain later." Hyun's wild grin came back over his face as he turned to the console. He fed power to the main and secondary shields. "Alright lets see what this baby can do." With that Hyun flipped a large red switch and the hum of electricity could be heard through the lab. Hyun reached over and flipped another switch... A flash of light as the switch blew out of the console. The super capacitor exploded sending shrapnel riveting against the primary shielding; it flickered. Momentarily a large beam of sustained electricity much like that of a plasma globe shot out of where the capacitor was and struck the shield. It shuddered and finally shattered from the stress. The lightning was brilliant and all too deadly. The second shield strained to contain the excessive energy. Hyun looked at the panel. "The energy output is off the charts. The shield isn't going to hol..." The shield flickered and died. Energy tore through the lab. Ripping panels off walls and blowing electrical circuits. One maybe two seconds passed as the room was destroyed. As fast as it came the violent energy left. The room went dark and shouts could be heard muffled from the \outside.

Sunny: Sunny was on his knees and head ducked into a ball, trying to keep himself as small as he can. He looked up when the noise would be settled. As quick as it came, it had left, though it didnt help that he had huge ringing in his ears. He got up and looked around, his head dizzy. The room was a mess, sparks flying and practically all systems looked fried. He looked quickly at Hyun to see if he is alright. "Hey man... You okay? Let's get us sorted out and..." He would feel the sprinklers start to turn on, dripping water on them as it would have detected a fire nearby. "Aaah,,,, that can't be good..... My smoke is wet." He grumbles.

Hyun Shik: Hyun chuckles painfully. He had been thrown clear across the room by the switch. "Oww that hurts. Well thats not good..."

He calms and relaxes a bit from the shock before continuing.

"It broke through the second shield so at the very least we are dealing with some where above 200 gigajoules of power. That's more than any weapon that exists right now." Hyun finished gravely. Traditional equipment isn't going to cut it no wonder we were almost jettisoned." Just then the door fell open as teams of lab workers poured into the room a medic tended to Hyun while Curtis filled Sunny in on a damage report. "Well reports are still coming in." Curtis said. "But from what we know Sectors 48 through 90 have lost power and suffered extensive power damage. That includes Black Cherry, half the docking pylons, and a third of the residential district. We are already moving people to safe sections and damage crews are on their way but with the damage we are looking at we wont be operational for at least a week most likely. What the hell were you two doing in here any way, Setting off and anti-mater bomb?" Curtis finished as he eyed the damage. It was extensive the multi-million-dollar room was completely trashed not to mention the meter thick hole in the floor that followed the path the electricity had taken on its way here. "It burned through 4" thick High temperature alloy." Curtis exclaimed.

Sunny: "Aahhh..... *****..... %$#@..." Sunny swore, being a little pissed off but knew there was nothing really they could do. "A whole week? That's not good.... Not good for business, even. Get people safe... but start working to fix things right away. I want the full station on high alert..." He looked back at Hyun. "Ah man, cheer up and tough up. Just a bit of damage." He slaps him on the back as a brotherly sort of gesture. "I would say lets get a drink but.... yeah... Ohh... Curtus. Make sure to charge up the back-up generators with also the fail-safe gravity generators. I'm sure everyone's flying right now from the rings not spinning properly. I leave it to you to get things sorted here." He looks around the shop. "We'll.... the place here is damaged... but that gives us an excuse to make it even better...." He looks at Hyun. "And also include a bunker. Not just a shield, man."

Hyun Shik: Hyun grinned and let out a groan as he got up. Curtus ran off barking orders all over the place and got on the phone with maintenance. It was all hands on deck for hours after the incident making sure there wasn't any micro fractures in the hull. After any holes were patched the Faraday cage was checked to make sure it was operating at full potential. next came the pain staking part. Miles of wiring and thousands of relays and switches had been burnt out and destroyed. After a full inspection it was determined that it would take 6 weeks to fully replace everything that was damaged but the Black Cherry, and lab could be finished in a week. The Docking bays would take two more and the residential three more after that. With power off in the labs and some extra time Hyun decided to complete a couple of side jobs. First he remodeled all of the labs for heavy shielding. They all had triple level shielding along with a blast proof room for the more dangerous experiments. As well as everything they had had before. As a bonus each lab also had an area set aside for installation of their own power core that would serve as a supplemental and emergency generator. After addressing the labs Hyun focused on his arm. He added a few thousand Nanobots, which were not cheap, and added programing for a biometric scanner that could read the bio metrics of someone within 5 feet of Hyun. There were a few kinks in it to start with but by the end of the week he had flushed them out.

"Sunny, do you mind if I work with Diata on giving her a bigger range of access on the station?" Hyun asked approximately a day before the labs would be done.

Sunny: Sunny looked at Hyun with a serious look and then raised his eyebrow in confusion. "She's not quite ready yet... but umm... what scale are we talkin' here? What's up? Only reason why I'm sayin' it is that her intelligence hasn't reached enough to take on a larger spectrum just yet. I've only been taking her on a few things at a time... max...." He shrugs. "It will take some time though, but Diata has been going through the Databanks we have and organizing some things. Perhaps sooner or later she will be ready to learn more."

Hyun Shik:
Hyun smiles, "I wanted to grant her access to the labs matrix so she could spin her wheels a little though if you would rather wait I can have a regular PA do things for now."

Sunny: "I'm just wondering... perhaps I could grant her access to one part at a time.... have her master it and then move forward. The Black Cherry would be interesting to have her learn human behavior for instance." Sunny smirks. "She's quite good at prediction after some time. She has me nailed down pretty well."

Hyun Shik: Hyun cracks up laughing. "Sunny I hate to break it to you but you're easier to read than the cover of a book." He finished holding his side. "Well its up to you here is a command list if you want to let her in." Hyun hands sunny a microstick. "So I hear Black Cherry is just about up and running. Do you wanna grab a beer and meet back here tomorrow to start phase 2?" Hyun asked with a sly grin.

Sunny: "Yeah yeah yeah..." Sunny waves him off about his comment on how easy he is to read and rolls his eyes. He takes the stick off of Hyun and tosses it in his hand. " Yeah I'll take a look and see. Probably I can get her for now to control the docking bay without trouble. Her calculations and what not have improved enough and she'll be useful to make schedules out of all the commodities comin' in and out." He looks up. "Yeah a drink sounds good right about now, actually. A beer or a rum and cola sounds up my ally."

Hyun Shik: "Sake for me, my friend." Hyun says as he raises his hand in agreement. With that the two of them move out of the labs and head for Black Cherry to drink off a week of strenuous work.
SESSION 2

Sunny: The following day, Sunny would appear back in the shop, looking at the new layout and equipment installed while sipping a bit from a small flask he kept in his jacket's pocket. The whiskey would ease the hangover he had, though just postpone it a little. He grumbles a bit from how hard he drank last night, not even remembering what he was doing when he woke up next to an entertainer in one of the private VIP booths. He smirked a bit at the thought but shrugged it off. His focus would be on the work ahead, and hopefully not another failure. They were quite lucky to be alive.

He took out the hologram orb he had in his pocket and tossed it on the floor, Moments after Diata would appear. "Greetings Master Sunny. You dont looks so good. Your readings show to be 0.055% on the blood alcohol level. I would advise to take a break.." Sunny just shooed her off with the observation by waving his hand. "Don't worry about it.... erm... you have the readings of on the incident around here do you?" he asks. "Can you find it and let me know the readings that the energy bolt produced?"
"Certainly, Master, give me a moment to collect all the data." Diata replies back, and goes into a searching animation.

Hyun Shik: Hyun walks or more like stumbles through the door. "Gah, my head is splitting. Why are the lights so bright in here and why is Diata doing that?" Hyun pointed at the hologram while squinting and rubbing his head. He had entirely too much to drink the night before and had been totally wasted he saw the flask in Sunny's hand and gagged a little. "And how on earth can you drink after last night. I mean you cleaned out the bar. The keep had to cut you off so there would be drink for others."

Sunny: "Just a little more wont hurt... ppfff... and this whiskey hits the spot..." He sips more from the flask. "Ppff.. you're just saying that becasue.... yeah fell behind easily." Sunny is smirking. "Wasn't that girl into you too-..."
Diata broke their conversation. "Data analysis complete. I am updating the information compacted into a report now." She replies back.

Hyun Shik: Hyun looks at his arm. As the text scrolled by his eyes got brighter and brighter . Hyun's fingers flew to work on the brand new console. "and the diameter here, pi there, this diameter here" Hyun mumbled to him self completely oblivious to the other two in the room. (4/3x3.14x20000x15000x15000=18,802,432,031,735 meters of dark matter) flashed on the screen. Finally addressing the rest in the room, "If the cloud discharges 7-10 times every 2-3 seconds in side an 18.8 trillion meter cloud and a storm produces 100 GJ per 24,140 meters, then the available energy at every 3 second interval is input an average of 70GJ for every flash. And viola!" Hyun exclaims as a number appears on the screen (381,656,656,817 GJ). "That is the average amount of available energy every 3 seconds." Hyun finished beaming. "For the minds that don't understand." Glaring at Sunny, "I took the actual volume of our cloud as it is not constrained by an atmosphere and compared it to the size of a sever thunder storm. Then taking the average amount of energy that is produced by said thunderstorm in a single bolt I made a 1 to 1 ration for our cloud and came up with the resulting number. Huh, in layman's terms is a lot of energy to have running rampant through a station of any size."

Sunny: Sunny scratched his head. "So the lightning that we experienced before was.... how much??"

Hyun Shik: "Lets see if we were to have been touched by the blast the destructive power would have been the same as a 15,577,822,720 kiloton nuclear warhead or there about give or take a few."
Thats 778,891,136 active storms times a 20 kiloton nuclear war head. Which is how much energy one active storm creates.

Sunny: "Eh...... welll %$#@ me, then...." He takes a sip of the whiskey but runs out. "We are lucky we are alive.... I guess everything kinda spread out through the whole station.... jeez... and that's every 3 seconds?" He asks with a bit of a surprise.

Hyun Shik: "Yup. It's like living in a perpetual storm." Hyun Hit a couple of buttons on his arm "Here are some reference papers where I got my numbers from." [ http://www.windpowerengineering.com/feat...lightning/; http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.10...5/abstract; http://www.web-formulas.com/Math_Formula...psoid.aspx ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_electricity] The files flashed across the screen and then formed a new folder attached to the project folder.

Sunny; "Well it's a good thing Diata had a backup drive to go to. The sphere though was toast." Sunny sighs a little and looks at the AI hologram.
"I do not read anything corrupted, Master Sunny. Should I perform another check...?"
"No Diata.... that wont be necessary."
"Yes, Master Sunny."

"So Hyun.... we are trying this again now, are we? Do we have that 'bunker' set up along with more shielding? If we know what to expect, we can accompany for it, right?"

Hyun Shik: "I wont lie. I don't know any station that uses such a massive amount of energy. Nor have I ever read anything where anyone had experimented with this amount of energy. The most I have seen was enough to blow up a room. I am pretty sure we are breaking about 30 different Sirius laws by trying to harness this. That said with the triple shielding and new precautions we have in place even if it blows through the shielding it will harmlessly move back into the cloud via supper conductors." Hyun finished. "So based on out totals we are going to need some major equipment to handle this. First Lets see if we can get a series of capacitors to hold the energy essentially what IRG was saying. It's as good a place to start as any." He said as he hit a few buttons. Pretty soon boxes were being unloaded from a transport carrying nanocapacitors.

Sunny: "There are laws for this sort of thing? Pfff... whatever... We will be needing a whole lot of energy anyway." He chuckles. "%$#@ 'em!"
"And if this is a first, then let's make it worth it, shall we?" He smirks widely.
He watches as robots started to assemble and prepare for experimentation.
"The equipment will come, Hyun. No worries. Just a bit of money to get what we want."

Sunny scratches his head some more, oddly quite relaxed to the number that Hyun would be reported. With the drink he has gone, he'd be thinking about what Hyun was talking about before realizing the full extent of what Hyun was talking about.

"Holy.... crap..."

Hyun Shik: "I thought that reaction was a little underwhelming. Sorry I tried to make it as easy as possible. Anyway I have some limiters on there this time so the energy will only be one-millionth of the total we will be actually be using. So for our purposes today we need 40 case of nano-capacitors." Hyun starts typing on his arm as he walks towards the nano-capacitors. "Alright they are programmed go ahead and put them in the containment unit while I set up the measuring equipment." He said to Sunny. In the middle of the room where the unit had been last week stood a tall cylinder.

Sunny:
"Dude...with this amount of power..." Sunny would be in a little shock at what he was hearing. He'd grown to used to the cloud that their station was in to even notice, and the ships they flew did good to hide the actual reality of where they were. "Ah.... we are doing it.... If this doesnt work then... welll... No turning back now." He laughs a little, though it is nervous laughing. He looks back at Hyun and nods a little. "They say lightning doesnt strike the same place twice, right...?" He looks around and would try to remember where they stood, though all he can think of is how lucky they were.

"Right... I ain't smoking here when we are doing this from now on.... %$#@ me...." He swears again.... "Where is the .... oh the hose... got it." He goes over and starts to pick it up and pour the thing into the cylinder.

Hyun Shik: Thirty minutes fly by as the two work and chatter. After the last of the nano-capacitors are in place Hyun moves to the bunker to check things over one more time. "Everything seems to be set. you might want to get in here before I turn it on." He says as he gets some dark glasses for the two of them.

Sunny: Sunny nods as he puts the equipment away and heads inside the bunker, taking the glasses from Hyun. "Let her rip!"

Hyun Shik: Hyun flips a switch... Two seconds, three seconds, ten then 30 almost a minute goes by before the gauges take to life. They start climbing ever so slowly then a jump and another. Every two to three seconds the needle spikes a little more and start moving faster. Hyun types hurriedly on the display in front of him. "They aren't discharging fast enough their being over whelmed." He says in a worried tone. as he finishes the sentence a small pinprick of light appears in the tank then two then 15. All at once the tank glows bright and then explodes throwing liquid and glass up against the first shield. A bolt of lightning races out of the newly shattered tank and strikes the grounding element and then cuts off. "Well that's a bust nano capacitors can't keep up with the pulses. Lightning is usually DC energy or Direct current but with they way the cloud behaves it adds an AC or alternating current properties to the electricity. Unless we can slow the application of this energy over an affected area; we won't be able to keep the nano-capacitors from burning out which is what happened with the explosion there." Hyun finished more speaking to Diata and less to Sunny

Diata: "I am recording the information and statistics of the experiment for you, Master Hyun. One moment while I compile..." The AI would reply to him and he'd hear a incoming message on his personal device on his arm in moments.

Sunny: In the mean time Sunny would be watching the experiment take place and would jump back when the bolt would fly out and the glass and liquid explode outwards. "Jjeeeeeez.... dude! Hooollly %$#@!!!!" he is in shock but then laughs. "We'll that's going to take a few more tries by the looks of it....."

Hyun Shik: "Infintely more if we can't slow down the distribution rate. Its either that or speed up the capacitors response time. This electricity is acting weird. Its DC in that it will only flow one direction but with each separate hit it forcibly changes the flow direction and the frequencies are constantly changing. Its like shoving a new and different kind of energy on top of the one that's already there It barely has time to discharge half of the energy before the next series starts resulting in an overload." He finished hoping Sunny understood most of it.

Sunny: Sunny would be familiar with DC and AC current, but it would be in a smaller scale of ships and at most stations. Not at this large scale. He needed to think a bit more to get the idea Hyun was saying. "Right.... you got any ideas to do that? Might be we would have to do trial and error until something works out...." he thinks out loud. "And I am not sure how many times we can risk doing that... but hey, the shop didnt blow up like last time! " He laughs a little. "Good job on that one."

Hyun Shik: "Yea at least we aren't trying to rip the station in half with electricity." Hyun said partly sarcastically but still with a chuckle. "I have a couple Ideas we can start with but for the time being we need a new tank and more nano-capacitors." He finished and called for a cleaning crew.

SESSION 3

Hyun: Hyun walks in early ready to start the day without a hangover. He has a stout coffee in hand and is going over the previous days data. It looks like there will be a long road ahead of them. Hyun sighs and takes a drink of his coffee. "Diata compile a list of plausible electronic elements in the known universe." Hyun says as he is hoping she is still connected to the system.

Diata: Diata generated in front of Hyun when he called her, appearing as if from thin air due to the hologram. "Greetings, Master Hyun. I will compile a list for you now from the Archangel Engineer Manual. One moment, please..."
It would take seconds before Hyun receives a list on his own personal device, ready to be looked over.

Bio-Neural Processors
Blood Diamonds
Blue Diamonds
Copper
Diamonds
Lanthanum
Molybdenum
Nanocapacitors
Nanotubes
Optical Chips
Palladium
Plastics
Platinum
Premium Scrap
Quantum Multiplexors
Superconductors
Tantalum
Uncut Diamonds
Yttrium

"Would you like me to give you options for purchase for any of the items mentioned, Master Hyun?"

Hyun: "Yes purchase 120 cases of Nano capacitors, 200 platinum, and 200 cases of raw plastics Diata. If they could be here today that would be great other wise I will just have to make myself busy while I wait." Hyun finished as he took another drink of coffee. Sunny wouldn't be up for several more hours and Hyun intended to have something ready.

Diata: "Yes Master, I will put this order at top priority for Archangel Shippers to bring in. It may possibly come in in the next 24 hours, or a freighter might be able to deliver." The AI replies. "Is there anything else you need?"

Hyun looks around for a minute and then replies. "Not at the moment but if its not too much trouble could you wake Sunny up?" Hyun finished as he started pouring over books and began sketching out blueprints to work with.

SESSION 4

Sunny: Sunny had already been notified of the arival of the ORG as they were begining to moorn at the Blackhack exterior docking ports. He made his way down to where they would enter the station and would be waiting for them to show up...

Jacob: Jacob entered the Space Station utilizing the Airlock, confused he entered the facility. Lost he looked around the room, waiting for Sunny or someone else to arrive and guide him further into the station.

Sunny: Sunny noticed a friendly face emerge from the airlocks and waved at Jacob, making eye-contact and walking over to him. He had a vape-device in his lips that he quickly discards into his jacket as he walks up to him. Extending his hand, he greets him. "Looks like you got here in one peice. Hopefully you didnt get lost, eh?"

Jacob: He smiles at Sunny as he approached and didn't hesitate to shake his hand, "Nah, I'm fine. A fine place you got here..." He inspects the room around him.

Sunny: "It's coming along nicely, I have to admit. Lots of things to do around here still, but it's operational." Sunny smirks. "Anyway, this is just the loading section of the hangar. Nothing much to see here. How about we head to the labs. I'm sure you're looking forward to it." He says, turning around. His breath smelled a bit like synthetic marijuana and his eyes were a little glazed. "Oh, I hope you're fine with walking in zero gravity. Better get used to it .... though if you have issues we got some pads for your shoes..."
The place where they were had generated gravity, though past the room the gravity wouldn't show.

Jacob: Jacob smiled, "No that's fine. The gravity on the Horizon tends to shut down when our AI get's too busy with something. So, I'm used to missing gravity... And if I recall correctly, I should wear the correct shoes. If not i hope you won't mind me floating around a little bit." he laughs briefly.

Hyun: Shouts from the lab doors "No you can't simply plug the line into the grid... I told you there is too much energy.... yes I know what I am implying.... NO and no thank you."

Sunny: "Great great! Yeah no problem.... follow me." Sunny heads off down the corridor and soon the gravity would be no more. He'd be striding down the hallways with a bit of ease. "We keep it like this partially becasue you can lift things easier down around the hangar. You can imagine a while engine assembly being a lot easier with less gravity resistance." Sunny chuckles. "One of the perks of working on something down on the station. Aahh but anyway..."
They'd be passing through the hangars shortly, ships lined up left and right of them and above them would be a glass curved high ceiling with space above and lightning flashing. Soon after they'd be at a elevator.

Jacob: Jacob kept following Sunny while spectating his surroundings carefully. "Working in zero gravity, hm? Well... It's better then spending millions and millions on equipment I guess." He just continues to follow him.

Sunny: "Pretty much, yeah. Also the cost of generating gravity for a whole damn station with generators gets expensive as you go.... bigger. " Sunny shrugs. "Consequently, things move a lot smoother without resistance... and robotic arms can for example lift more while being a lot thinner. ... Right this way inside. we are in one of the four cores of the station. Above is one of the labs and personalized workshops."
They get in the elevator and make their way up. Sunny beeps though his PDA and notifies Hyun they are on their way. He'd have been notified before-hand.

Hyun: Hyun send a notification back in acknowledgement. He began getting everything ready for their guest to arrive.

Jacob: Jacob leaned against the wall of the elevator. "Yea, we've been actually thinking about the construction of our own base, but... we're lacking the funding so we've delayed it again and again. Guess it won't be happening in the next months..." He sighs.

Sunny: "Well you dont need to build everything all at once. You could even do a design-build thing. Ah but anyway... <ding> we are here..." Sunny takes his vape out and takes a hit before putting back in and the doors slide open. "Right this way... ah and dont mind the entry either. Just some cleaning procedure. I'd have Hyun explain it but.... Oh there he is!"

Hyun: Hyun walks up to the far side of the hallway and hit a button for the speakers. "Welcome gentle men. If you have any sensitive electronics please place them in the box on this end of the hallway. If not please place your hands on the scanners. This is a low level ion radiation bath. It may tingle a little while stripping any foreign substances from your person. I believe it is self explanatory as to why electronics are sensitive." With that Hyun let go of the mic and moved to the observation room.

Jacob: "Oh well..." he puts two PDA's and an holographic Wrist-Watch down into said box and continues to place both his hands on the scanners. "Safety first I guess."

Sunny: Sunny does the same after placing his PDA and hologram orb from his pocket. He also puts in his vape stick. "You'd be suprised, hah!"

Hyun: Hyun grins at Sunny's joke. A low hum begins once both of there hand are on the scanners. A slight smell that can only be described as strange wafts through the room. The clothes rustle a little and the slight sense of hairs raising on your skin can be felt. 60 seconds pass and the hum dies. A green light displays over the inner door and the sound of seals releasing can be heard.
"And that is it you both are cleared to enter. You can retrieve your items from the safe box."

Sunny: "Always a hair-raising experience even when you enter." Sunny comments with a smirk. He walks through the hall and takes his things with him.

Hyun: Upon entering the lab they can see some serious equipment. What was not spent on lifting tools was spent on state of the art lab tech. A triple shielded containment unit stole the center of the floor. Off to one side you could see a heavily reinforced door and on the other were panels and instruments. The entire room looked bran new.

Jacob: He enters the room with an impressed expression on his face. "Wow... I really didn't expect you guys to be equipped THAT well. I'm serious, some of this even beats the equipment we got on the Horizon..."

Hyun: Hyun grins and sticks his chest out. "We have spent a lot of time and money on these projects here at Speed Wing. We have one motto go fast and go all the way." It was obvious Hyun was immensely proud of the compliment while he came up with that motto on the fly. "We had to replace... well all of it recently I don't think sunny is to happy with the bill thankfully it was just minor injuries." Hyun's demeanor returns to normal as he pulls a screen over to the holographic projection in front of them. A record of research done comes up side by side with a video of Sunny and Hyun working earlier last month.

Sunny: "Nothing a bit of money can't buy if you know the right connections...."

Jacob: Still a little overwhelmed, he notices Hyun for the first time since he entered the room. "Oh where are my manners. I'm Jacob Taylor..." He slightly bows down, "Founder, Director and Chief Science-Officer of the Omicron Research Group. At your service."

Hyun: Hyun's deeply ingrained Kusari tradition kicks in as he does a deep bow reflexively. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Hyun Shik, Founder and Chief Mechanic of the Speed Wing. We started up right around a year ago and have not stopped making advancements to the 'shops', as we like to call them."

Jacob: He still inspects the room with an interested look on his face. "So, and your current project is that dark matter reactor, right?" He now focuses his view on Hyun.

Hyun: "Well yes in one way or another. So the variables from dark matter are too great so IRG came up with the idea to use the ion shifts naturally occurring in the cloud. We wanted to see what kind of power we were looking at and were woefully unprepared for what we bit into resulting in the footage on the screen. We have revamped safety features though and have run one other experiment with much less... destruction. Currently, unless you have some ideas, we are attempting to find a suitable medium to house the large amounts of energy being received from the ion shift." Hyun said in a breath.

Jacob: "Actually... I might have something for you, I already told Sunny about this during our meeting on the Horizon. I got a special sort of... Pipes, stored in an old research facility in the Omicrons. These Pipes, are equiped with an reactive shielding that was used to store anti matter. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not confusing dark matter for anti matter. It's easy to reconfigure the shielding to work with dark matter.... So what I'm trying to say is, we could use the shielding of these pipes to construct a bigger containment unit capable of, well... containing the large amounts of energy. If you can follow me..."

Hyun: "Yea I follow though the issue we ran into was not that we couldn't contain the Dark matter. It was how to use the dark matter for energy. Given that dark matter is the absence of any form of matter it has a numerous amount of changing variables that make it difficult, or from IRGs' perspective impossible, to maintain an effective energy discharge.

Jacob: "Well, that's why I'm not with the IRG. Nothing is impossible... When there's a problem, there also is a solution. But where is the solutions to this problem? Now, the shielding could constantly be reconfigured... But that would need to happen in a fraction of a second."

Sunny: Sunny was listening to the dialogue. "What my point was that there is no need to contain dark matter if we have it all around us to use."

Jacob: "Hm? Oh I wasn't talking about containing it, no. The shielding would be capable of absorbing some of the energy and therefor making it usable by... well... everything you need energy for."

Sunny: "Would it be more energy than what a bolt of lightning can produce?" Sunny asks.

Jacob: "Well... I can't say that for sure. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to test these things with dark matter."

Sunny: "I think it would be a good thing to check. Hyun here has done some tests on the output of energy we can make using the storm's lightning and just keeping the dark matter as a medium for it to generate. We are looking at about.... what are the numbers... every 3 seconds the available energy is 381,656,656,817 GJ...."
He smirks a little. "You do realize.... that's like.... huge." His smirk widens to a grin. "The fact that we are here alive is a miracle in of it itself. The shield of the station does a good job of keeping us safe, and the amount of energy that hit in this very room......" He trails off.

Jacob: "Well, I could try to recover these pipes so we could run a few tests on how much energy they'd be able to produce... Or, collect."
"And don't get distracted by the fact that I call them 'pipes', I can easily take'm apart and put their shielding onto something more effective."

Hyun: "Well then I believe the next step is laid out for us. Obtain the shielding and build a unit with it to visualize the possible energy output." Hyun starts rubbing his partially unshaven chin. "What do you need in order to retrieve them?"

Sunny: "And we compare what the outputs..." Sunny thinks out loud. "Sounds like a plan."

"Oh, Hyun. What are you working on here, by the way?"

Jacob: "Just my Military Wing, the Pipes with the shielding is located in my old Lab... Which is on a desolate moon in Nomad Space. I can hande that..."

Hyun: Well I was on the phone with some moron who called. He figured you could just plug the energy into a converter and use it that way. I told him he is insane." Hyun states matter of fact-ly. "We've seen what just plugged in does." I have enough materials for another test but I would rather wait and see what comes of this shielding Jacob was talking about."

Jacob: "So, I think it's best if I return to the Horizon. I'll start the retrival of the shielding asap and contact you once I'm done running the tests, how does that sound?"

Sunny: "Sounds like a plan to me." Sunny agrees.

PREVIOUSLY

As Sunny arrives on Taba Starbase he gets greeted by two guards who escort him onto the Horizon.
They walk through the several white corridors of the ship and take an elevator to the Crew Quarters where
the Conference Room is located. They stop in front of the grey door leading into said room.

The door opens, inside the room are the three founders of the ORG.

Jacob: He is sitting at the far end of the Table on the opposite side of the door, he is sitting next to a
girl with long silver hair and a tall guy with short, black hair. He gives Sunny a welcoming smile. Ah, please... Take a seat.

Sunny: Looking around, Sunny walks into the large conference room, noticing the three people sitting at the table and recognizing one of them.

With all the seats to choose from to sit, Sunny would take a split second, hesitating before picking a seat where he'd be near and in sight of all three people. He was impressed with the room and how big it was, but he was more used to bars and lounges than office-like interiors.

Prior to sitting, he nods. Good Evening.. He says with a smile and takes a seat.

He'd be wearing his presidential leather club jacket on top of a white shirt, grey vest and tie. Black jeans would accompany the outfit. He's bald, having a tattoo slightly visible on the side of his neck, and shaven.

Jacob: He stands up. So I think I already introduced myself... He points at the guy sitting to his right. That is Supreme Commander Alex, leader of the ORG's Military Wing, Captain of the Horizon and the former captain of the Order Gunboat, Lambda. I think you two already know each other.

Alex: He smiles and nods at Sunny. Good to see ya' again.

Jacob: He points at the girl to his left. And this is Iona Taylor, second in command of the ORG and my wife. He sits down again.
Jacob: He stands up. So I think I already introduced myself... He points at the guy sitting to his right. That is Supreme Commander Alex, leader of the ORG's Military Wing, Captain of the Horizon and the former captain of the Order Gunboat, Lambda. I think you two already know each other.

Alex: He smiles and nods at Sunny. Good to see ya' again.

Jacob: He points at the girl to his left. And this is Iona Taylor, second in command of the ORG and my wife. He sits down again.

Iona: She stands up and bows slightly down. Konnichiwa Sunny. She smiles and sits down again

Sunny: Sunny smirks a little as he recognizes the people inrfont of him now. It's good to see you all again and I'm happy to be here. You've got quite a place, have you..... He takes a glace, looking around again before back at them. I'll have to congratulate you, Commander Alex. It's quite a ship.

Alex: Thank you. But... It was a present from Iona. he gives Iona a brief smile before he directs his attention to Sunny again.

Jacob: Jepp, but we modified it. The complete interior has been re-done from ground up.

Sunny: Quite impressive, indeed..... He looks around and then to Iona. I believe we met before...

Iona: She gives Sunny a brief smile Hai. I sponsored two of your races. Baffin and Omega 3 I think.

Sunny: Sunny nods back and smiles warmly. So.... where to begin. What would you all like to know?

Jacob: Well... To start things off, in the transmission you were talking about dark matter as an energy source. So, how much research has already been done?

Sunny: A good amount, though to be clear, we are using the lightning in the cloud to generate the energy. The dark matter is just there for us to keep the storm going. We've already did a few tests on how much we are dealing with in terms of energy... as well some theories on how to contain it... With experimentation, mind you.

Jacob: Yes, back in the days I helped your research ship with the designation of 'Arctic' to collect some dark-matter. The only means of containment we currently got are small containers.
And that storm you're referring to, do you mean the cloud in the Alberta System?

Sunny: No, not at all. It's down in Kepler. The Arctic guy was working on an engine of sorts, though he's been off somewhere, leaving the canisters with us. We've however changed from using canisters to hold dark matter...

He takes a pause...

In essence, we are planning to.... and we have already in a few trials, been taking the lightning through our station.

Jacob: Through the station? Now, how can I understand this, do you have some special... Pipes in the stations walls, or... He interrupts his sentence, hoping that Sunny understood what he was asking.

Sunny: It was done in one of our labs. It's in a modular design so we were able to create a room that allowed for lightning to be attracted by one of those lightning rod things. The first time we tried it, though, half the station got fried even though we were using two layers of sheilding.... or was it three... yeah. Can't remember. The point it though that me and my partner at the lab are lucky to be alive. It's no laughing matter...

mmm... well... Depends on how you look at it. He grins.
You wouldn't believe how much power is out there....

Jacob: He laughs briefly. No need to tell me. But I might have a safer way of containing and using thse lighning bolts. Back in the days before the ORG was founded I've been working together with another scientist on an alternative to our current Jump-drives. It would create a long-range wormhole that would've been kept open using negative mass. Of course to create this negative mass we would need to create normal mass as well. This was all theoretical of course since a human-sized portal would've caused a moon sized explosion due to positive-mass that we would have bombed into existance, this of course would've created... He stops. I um... Sorry, I got lost in my old project. He sighs. Now what I was actually going for is, I got transportation pipes stored in the old research facility. These pipes are using a reactive shielding to safely contain anti matter. I could easily rework these things to transport and even contain dark matter.

Iona: Everything okay, Jacob? She laughs

Sunny: If I may... from my understanding, dark matter and anti-matter are two every different things. Additionally, It's not dark matter that we'd be interested in holding. We have it all around us.
He thinks It's funny... you're the second scientist I've seen comparing the two things...

Jacob: Oh, guess I wasn't clear then. My fault. I know that, but the nature of this shielding allows me to make such changes. But if we want to get the maximum amount of energy out of it we would need to channel and concentrate it. And the lightnings would also be easily contained in these pipes. He takes a break after he heard Sunnys last sentence. Am I?

Sunny: Are you saying that if you were to put a thundercloud into a box, you'd be able to get lightening inside?

Jacob: Well... Pretty much. Of course that would include some methods that are to hard to explain right now... But yea, lightning in a box.

Sunny: That would take space to hold these boxes while there is already plenty of lightning outside...

Jacob: Yea, I guess that little bit of extra energy probably wouldn't be worth it.

Sunny: We are dealing with enough energy to blow up Kepler anyway. No need to make more sources for it.
He says it as if it's actually nothing.

Jacob: Well if you need that much energy... Well, I'm fine with it. Did you already find a way to convert the energy, or are you just using it as it is?

Sunny: It's a work in progress so we have not been harvesting energy from it yet. The station runs on nuclear for now. Basic stuff. We need a whole lot of energy though to power things like the rings on our station that would generate centripetal force to make artificial gravity... Aside from other things.

We've got another challenge though. We want a side product to be water generation. Not sure how we can focus on that part yet, but....

Jacob: Ah yea, I read that. I can think about something... Until then. I also got an idea regarding the power transformation...

Sunny: It would be best if you speak with my partner, then. Mr. Shik. He is our lead guy in the R&D department. I only know the basics. Even now I am just talking in general and easy concepts..... I am more of an engine guy of small craft.

Jacob: Knowing the basics should suffice for this. My idea is to use these pipes I got to direct the lightning bolt into an reactor chamber which will both use the heat of these lightnings while also directly transferring the energy.

Sunny: It's an interesting idea, to be sure. I'll let him know and sooner or later you two will be talking about it anyway. He chuckles a little Lots of work to do... and several ways to go about doing it.

Jacob: Yep, but we'd need to recover these pipes since they're on a certain planet which I can't just access... Anyways, I hate to adress this topic but we have to discuss the funding.

Sunny: Name your price. I'm all ears.

Jacob: Well... Since we need to recover these pipes from the laboratory. I guess that would be 20 million for repairs. Then we'd need expand our research facility for dark matter research. And a few more things I'm too lazy to mention. All together that would be 200 million for now... for now. I'm not sure since I'll pay for most of the materials myself.

Sunny: Yeah yeah, sounds good. Not a problem. Sunny waves his hand as if it is nothing Sounds good to me. All I ask is you contact my head scientist back at base to make a plan... see if you can organize something so that we don't have to backtrack too much if we need to.

Sunny smirks

I know these things will cost money, so whether you hate the topic or not, let me know how much it's going to cost. We'll manage.

Jacob: He sighs relieved. Good to hear, and how about I come over to your base next to meet your head scientist?

Sunny: I was about to say, yeah.

He snaps his finger, thinking.

Any time, really. Up to you. He's one of those tinkering types. He'll be available for sure. Just name a time, and if you want you can stay however long you wish.

Jacob: Tomorrow probably around 19 PM, I think.

Sunny: Sure thing. Can be arranged. If you'd like me to arrange for you a place to crash as well, I'll be able to do that.

Jacob: I'll probably arrive in my gunboat so there's no need for that, but thank you for the offer.

Sunny: Always happy to entertain guests. He smirks. I'd say this is the start of something pretty good.

Jacob: Definitely. He smiles. I think we're done.... Unless you've got any questions left of course.

Sunny: Mmm.... rather... a curious question... If I may.... Why the interest?

Jacob: We don't have many friends out here. So I'll just make as much as I can. He smiles innocently.

Alex: And to be honest... It was my idea.

Sunny: He chuckles Well I have no issues with that. I'd love the help. You're welcome around us any time.

Jacob: Sounds good to me. He looks over to Iona who meanwhile fell asleep. Damn... Am I really that boring?

Alex: You're a scientist Jacob, of course you're boring... But anyways I guess we're done here, right? He stands up.

Sunny: He stands up too and walks over If there is anything else you want to talk about, don't hesitate. It's a pleasure... Though gee, does she sleep often around you then? He jokes with a smirk on his face. He walks over and extends his hand for a handshake.

Jacob: Ignoring his last questions he proceeds to shake his hand and sit down again.

Alex: Well then... He also shakes his hand before walking over to the door. ...Was nice to meet you in person, and you're right, this really is the start of a something good.

Sunny: Watching Commander Alex leave, Sunny looks back at Jacob, leaning his arm against the table. You sure got a nice lookin' place out here though. Must be peaceful at times. Anyway, I have a copy of the star co-ordinates out base in Kepler.... He reaches into his jacket and takes out a regular chip, sliding over to him Should lead you right to it. If you get lost then we will send a scout group to find yeah, but it shouldn't be too hard. Oh... and I almost forgot..... From his other pocket in his jacket he takes out a small, nicely sealed and elegant bottle of brandy Thought you might like a little something.

Jacob: He accepts the bottle while giving sunny a grin. Thanks man, appreciate it. And don't worry, I'll find my way there.

Sunny: No problem... Anyway, I guess I should go now too and leave you to your business. Cheers. He smirks and nods, stepping back a few steps and turning around to leave. If he isn't stop he'd be soon out of the conference room.

Jacob: Yea, stay safe out there.

As soon as he left the room, he's again greeted by the guards who now escort him out of the Horizon and back to Taba Starbase.

SESSION 5

Hyun: Hyun yawns and stretches in his chair. Looking at the numbers again. "Well since Alex had gone to get the tubes we should start by continuing our original idea. " He mumbles half asleep. "I'll start setting up the next experiment." He says, ripping himself away from the desk and trudging toward the equipment closet.

Diata: Diata's voice sounds in response. "Experiment version 2, is that correct Master Shik? I will make a new data slot to collect the analysis and findings. Are you alright, though? Sensors indicate you're blood iron levels are insufficient," the AI voice reports, "I am also reading you have not left the lab for a while. Perhaps you need a break? I can order some synthetic marijuana delivered to you to calm you down." It would suggest, obviously something that Sunny had implemented.

Hyun: "No Diata." Hyun Groans. "Order me coffee instead and add this to your memory banks; a good scientist is the constantly working one." He said as he hooked up additional nano capacitor slush into the tank. "We are going to try and slow the speed of the electricity down with this trial." He says as he fumbles with the controls of a robotic arm that miss a large wooden box.

Diata: "Yes, Master Shik. Ordering a coffee now. I assume as the usual request, given the previous purchases," the AI states 'mater-of-factly' . "I must suggest though you use caution while doing the experiment. The risk of failure is approximately 320-..." It comments from the speakers.

Hyun: "Yea yea keep the statistics to your self no need to spoil the surprise. I mean whats a bunker for if you never use it?" Hyun says as the arm lifts the box into the air and dumps the contents into the containment unit.

The liquid in the unit becomes a dark brown as the two elements mix. As the box is empty the arm places the box back on the floor. Just then the door opens to reveal a young entertainer with a coffee.

"Your coffee Hyun." she said in a smooth sweet voice that sent shivers up Hyun's back. Hyun recognized her from a few nights ago in the bar as a newly hired entertainer who had serviced his vip room. She was stunningly beautiful with a petite frame, and her name was Taylor May. "A- a thanks Taylor." Hyun responded shakily. "What brings you by so early?" He said only realizing the stupidity of his question after stating it. Taylor giggles and responds, "To bring you your coffee of course." She giggles again. "Ah I see." Hyun replies shortly causing her to giggle again. "Oooo Nano Carbon tubes, what are you doing with those?" Taylor asks. "We- We are trying to make an suitable storage device for the storm." Hyun stutters. Suddenly Sunny walks into the room and Hyuns face glows beet red causing Taylor to giggle again.

Diata: "Processing Information... collecting..... "
"Master Hyun, your coffee is ready. I hope you enjoy also the service. My vital analysis indicate a spike in your-..."

Sunny: "-Hey, hows it going around here?" Sunny walks in, cutting off Diata's sentence and possibly an embarrassing one.

Hyun: Hyun Turns and starts frantically working knocking over a couple of stacks of paper. "W- w- we are just about ready to start the next test. After several smaller test I have concluded that Carbon Nano Tubes will give us the desired slowing effect for the electricity. We will use them to direct and stabilize the energy through out the system; as well as assist in the storage of energy. Here is what I am basing my thesis on." Hyun says quickly throwing a few files ( https://www.cnet.com/news/teens-science-...0-seconds/ ; http://www.pkusz.edu.cn/uploadfile/2012/...647238.pdf ; http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/v5/n...0.116.html ) onto the display. Taylor perks up at Sunny's entrance, and the chance to see the man at work. "I just stopped in to give Hyun some coffee. He said I could stay and watch is that ok?" She asked giving a sly grin. Hyun felt a small pang hit his chest but quickly pass as he finished preparations. "Diata, set some of the equipment to monitor the amps and volts entering the capacitors at any given time." Hyun said rather confidently this time around. He wasn't quite sure why he sounded more difficult but Taylor giggled as she took it to be Hyun trying to impress her.

Diata: "Certainly, Master Shik. Setting up now...." Diata replied and soon robotic arms would be configuring the settings for the experiment as the AI did it's work.

Sunny walked down and nodded. "Sure, yeah, you can watch..." He walks to the window of the bunker to take a look. "Lookin' good so far, though here's hoping for some good results!"

Hyun: "I have high hopes for this experiment considering the amount of money put into it." Hyun replied. Diata alerted Hyun when the sensors were ready. "Alright here we go." Hyun sheds his nervousness falling back into the scientist he is. Hyun closes the door and seals the bunker. Hyun walks over to the panel and starts the experiment. A low hum can be heard in the room as the shields engage. The fluid begins to faintly glow as small currents are observed forming in the containment unit. Hyun watches a gauge. "The energy levels are stabilizing. If this keeps up we may have a working system." Hyun stated. As the experiment continued the liquid began to take on an brown tint. Slowly at first the energy levels began to diminish and then all at once the liquid turned black and energy levels fell to zero. "Well that wasn't supposed to happen. Diata, what happened; and is it safe?" Hyun posed at the sight of the midnight looking liquid.

Jacob: The Elevator-Door opens and Jacob steps into the clean room holding a rolled up blueprint in his hand. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

Diata: Diata responds. "The fluid failed. Contamination. Chemical reaction has occurred and the fluid is unstable. Shall I drain the fluid and dump it after a deep scan?" She asks.

Sunny: Sunny looks back after watching the reaction and waves. "Oh hey, Jacob, just in time! Anyway, if you can excuse me, I'll be back later." Sunny walks out.

Jacob: "Oh yes, no worries." Just like last time he puts his electronic devices down in the box, places his hands on the scanner and waits until the scan is done, after that he takes his stuff from the box and continues into the Lab whilst still carrying the blueprint.

Hyun: Hyun nods at Diata. " Yea do a deep scan and flush the tank. Oh hi Jacob how's it going." Hyun notices the blue print and attempts to cover his enthusiasm causing Taylor to giggle.

Jacob: "So I've got good news." He walks up to Hyun with a smile on his face. "I managed to recover the Pipes and reverse-engineered them." He slightly waves around the blueprint, "I brought a copy of the blueprint. Want to take a look at it? It also contains the resources needed for the construction of a one meter pipe."

Hyun: "I would love to take a look. Lets see what we have to work with." Hyun states a little quicker than normal. He walks over to the blue print and stretches his arm out over it. Hitting a few holographic buttons a blue light is emitted from his arm and encompass the blue print. As if by que the lights dim and thin threads of light begin to filter through the lab. They flash briefly before they begin intersecting forming pins of light in the air. These tear drops of light begin to fall into place and make a 3D hologram of the blueprint. Taylor lets out a low whistle "How much money went into this place?" Hyun responds almost second naturally, "More than some stations." As his eyes transfixed upon the forming object in front of him.

Jacob: "Yea, that blueprint wasn't made to be, uhm... 3D-ized..." He silently chuckles and takes the print before putting it down on a table. He unrolls it (http://i.imgur.com/PzLR5eI.png). "So, what do you think?"

Hyun: "It looks good. But while a picture is worth a 1000 words. Nothing is like a detailed explanation. How exactly does it work?" Hyun looks at the print on the table. A few concerns came to his mind but he would wait for Jacob to explain the details.

Jacob: He points at the device on the left, "That's a power node, two of them are needed every ten meters. They're responsible for keeping the shielding online, storing energy and accelerating the Dark Matter particles. The shielding contained in the pipes here," he points at the pipe on the right, "will reflect any particles while generating energy, the faster the particles are, the more energy will be generated. The pipe section on this Blueprint is required every 10 metres to keep the shield intact. Otherwise we don't have to put the two Power Nodes on it."

Hyun: "So If I understand correctly the pipes have shielding inside them as well as the power nodes having shielding? Would it be possible to remove the accelerators and use the space for heat or solar generators? Also How is the pipes going to hold up against oh approximately 70 GJ every couple of seconds traveling at approximately 120kA with an ambient heat of around 20,000 C? They also carry a voltage of around 450,000 Volts. I get the dark matter could still add to the energy output but the more prevalent and in my opinion the more efficient method would be the lightning." (//This is open for debate you can post your own ideas and thoughts if we argue for a while that is fine too ultimately sunny will decide what we do. Don't forget to link your resources. :smiley:) Hyun said as he looked at the blueprint and rubbed his chin.

Jacob: "No No. The PowerNodes are outside with just a little part being inside of the Pipe. Well, we could replace the Accelerator with a Heat generator. But a solar one would have no use since the Node is covered with an armor..." He takes a closer look at his blueprint. "I mean, we could do both things. One shielding with pipes for Dark Matter particles, and a different one for the lightning. However that would be quite expensive..." He sighs. "And the pipes are already pretty expensive."

Hyun: "Well two different piping weren't what I was going for.

Jacob: "And again, neither did I. I was talking about a shield that would be mounted on the outside of the station."

Hyun: "The conclusion I am coming too is that it would be more efficient to convert your tubes to work on what is already happening; instead of trying to make something new. I mean with the amount of movement we create by accelerating dark matter we generate enough force over time to possibly destabilize the cloud which would have several unknown and possibly adverse affects." Hyun said as he worked with his hands. "I admit the tubes are needed to contain the apparatus. But to attempt to make dark matter into energy comes with a lot of side effects. Since dark matter is by definition the absence of matter, it follows its own set of physical laws that are random and of varying degrees of intensity, depending on the size of the particle. What I am proposing is to use the shielding as just that, shielding, and then come up with a better solution to siphoning energy for the station. That said again I'll restate my earlier question of how will the piping hold up to the lightning running through the cloud?" Hyun said as he looked toward Taylor for reassurance; whom simply smiled giggled and looked back at the image.

After some more debate between Jacob and Hyun, the two finish their meeting and split off to their own tasks....

Hyun looks at the blue print for Jacobs piping. "Well, now that I think of it, if we used the piping to encase the generator It could serve as a better shield... not to mention with the generator being exposed to the cloud, it would increase efficiency, not that we need the extra power. That said, we would still need an effective way to store and transfer the energy to the station." Hyun spoke to himself as he rubbed his head. He looked at his holographic read out; 2:30 am. He had pulled another all-nighter without thinking about it. He looked around the room and saw Taylor slumped over in a chair along the wall. He grabbed a cot from the equipment room and set her on it along with a blanket. Hyun yawned and made his way to the coffee machine to pour him self a cup. Ultimately it would fall to sunny to decide how they would proceed.

Jacob: Jacob spent the last hours on a chair in the corner of the room, his eyes fixed on the Tablet he held in his hands. He lets out an exhausted sigh as he stands up and puts down the tablet on the chair he was sitting on. He walks over to Hun to pour himself a coffee as well. He took a sip from his cup before he hesitantly starts to talk, “I might be able to assist with storing the power... I probably shouldn't talk about it but the ORG had a brief relationship with the faction called Commune, this was on a scientific level as we were helping them to develop a Jumphole Generator capable of creating permanent Jumpholes. I am no longer working on it but I still got all the research and resources safely stored in Order Space, this includes the 'device' we were using for both generating and storing the immense amount of energy required to operate such a device. I am talking about a Nomad Power Cell. What if we'd be able to convert it entirely into a storage device?”

Hyun: Hyun's ears perked up at the sudden talk of a jump hole generator. "Say how much would you charge me for a copy of that research. As you know AFC is all about speed and there is no faster way to fly than by jump hole. " Hyun said flatly. "If I could I would pay for the resources as well. I would just hate to let good research go to waste." This time a hint of excitement showing in his voice. " If we could successfully convert it into a storage device it might hold enough but I am not sure how sunny would feel having Nomad tech on the base so we would have to clear it through him. I was thinking of a hydro static fluid that would be placed in hex cells and rotated out to serve as types of batteries. you just move the battery from right to left one side dills it the other drains it. But I am in favor of using nomad tech if nothing more than to learn how they work." Hyun finished in a matter of fact way.

Jacob: “I wouldn't charge you anything. Technically you're a member of the ORG, you got free access to any Research Data that's available for you security level. I'm afraid however that there is no actual data regarding the generator itself. Though if you want to take a look at it... We got all the parts for one of them in our Storage. I can give you access if you want.” He leans against the table as he takes another sip from his coffee-cup, “I'd also say that you ask Sunny what he thinks about the usage of Nomad tech.”

Hyun: "Sounds like a plan. I would love the access and any relevant data." Hyun pauses momentarily to punch a message into his arm. "There, just sent Sunny a summons though depending on what he is doing will dictate how fast he gets here. The only issue I see with nomad tech besides Sunny's morals is getting it to work with human tech. I know its possible but still it is difficult." Hyun glanced around the room. "There is one other thing I want to show you. If sunny decides not to use nomad tech I have another plan for it. However what I want to show you is my back up plan for the containment." Hyun walks over to a console and brings up some old footage of the lab being destroyed. "It got me thinking of a quick release, semi-hyper-conductive fluid." With a mixture of Nano-carbon tubes [ https://cleantechnica.com/2014/05/12/new...capacitor/ ] dispersed throughout a bio-neural gel laced with Lanthanum and palladium, intermittent with nano-capacitors with enough of the gel we would be able to contain the massive amount of energy the only problem is execution. The gel is great and lasts a long time but inevitably it would need to be replaced. So filling a tube with it was one idea but replacing it would require a shut down or something. I'm still working on it but it seems promising. I am curious as to what are your thoughts on it."
The screen displayed many failed attempts but was now showing a plasmic purple substance glowing in the containment device in the center of the room. The feed cuts to read outs indicating that there was approximately 6 million GJ pulsating through the fluid. the fluid continued to glow. "This last part is the only other problem we have run into." As the glow subsides a new one takes its place it starts slow in miniature red bubbles but quickly grows and looks like the fluid comes alive. a split second later a red flash as the tank explodes and the first shield shatters leaving a glowing sheen on the second shielding. seconds latter the light dissipates and the alarms stop. "The bio-neural gel can't handle the stress of removing that much energy all at once and the cells explode. I also believe that proper execution of this fluid will solve the problem but I am having a hard time with coming up with a proper method. Again I ask for your thought." Hyun finished and waited for him to reply.

Jacob: “Please, don't overestimate my skills.” Jacob took a step back, “my field of expertise lies within cybernetics, robotics and Nomad Technology. My opinion would be that you keep on trying until you come up with a solution, and that really isn't a helpful one. If Sunny decides against the usage of Nomad technology I will still help as much as I can. If he however decides for the usage I will be of much more help. And since this technology is extremely dangerous, I'd offer you to continue any research regarding the Power Cell aboard the Altair, which is by far our biggest and most expensive research Ship thus far, and since it's a ship we can move it into a remote system like Omicron Lost to prevent damage to any civilian installation.” He walks up the console and takes another look at the readouts, “if I understood the problem correctly, most obviously I'd say not to remove all the energy at once. You could however set up a fail-safe that stops the energy-extraction one a critical point has been reached.”

Hyun: "Ahhhh thats a good Idea I will have to work on a device to keep that from happening maybe something to bleed the excess off like some form of sponge." He said in his own world again. "I will have to chack with Sunny." He finished as he punched a message into his arm and flicked it toward the ceiling. "Sunny should get here soon and we can discuss it with him then.

The two continued to discuss on matters before agreeing to a conclusion and split again to do some more testing.

SESSION 6

Hyun: Hyun Looks at the gauges "Diata record this down. A medium of bio-neural gel to act as the main conductor alloyed with Nano capacitors, Lanthanum, and Palladium fixes most of the issues we were having. The last step is discovering a containment method for it all. I am going to put in some research hours to look at different containment options and then I will test 3 to 4 of them. Stop recording." Hyun finished. He looked at the time 0420 hours It was another all-nighter. This was the fourth in a row. Nano modification and coffee could only go so far. He figured he would start the research and take a short nap around 0600.

Sunny: There would be some noises in the distance as the entrance to the labs would give away anyone entering the space. After a few faint curses, Sunny would show up and be walking towards Hyun. "Hey! How are things going around here? Haven't seen you in a while." Sunny had with him two bottles of beers and he places one in front of Hyun. "Here. Take it. Don't worry it's not gonna turn your brain into mush." He chuckles. "Mine might though... ha! Anyway, talk to me."

Hyun: Hyun doesn't even give the bottle a passing glance as he barely hears Sunny through the onslaught that is his mind. As he finishes typing he opens his mouth "In order to deal with the exorbitant amount of electrical discharge we are getting we need a sizable converter. As such Jacob and my self have gone through many options of which include using a matter accelerator to pull energy from the accelerated dark matter in the cloud; or we build a fluctuating transformer capable of shunting the pulses into a usable energy source." Hyun takes a large breath. "We need 63310 tons of shock jelly to finish this project broken into its parts that's 12.662 tons of Nano-tubes, nano-capacitors, bio-neural gel, Lanthanum and Palladium. Then we have to electrolize the neural gel. Atomize both the Lanthanum and Palladium, magnetize the nano-tube and then mix it all together. This then needs to be applied to a transformer that will shunt the energy into a sink that will charge the stations primary power core." He pauses and takes a drink from the beer to re wet his throat.

Sunny: "Right... yeah... let me just..." Sunny opens up his bottle of beer and takes a large gulp before putting it down. "Okay so you need all this.... and then it's going to work, yeah?"

Hyun: "Pretty much. Get me the items on this list," Hyun swipes a file from the screen in front of him toward sunny" and then we can start construction on the engine."

Sunny: "Sounds like a plan, then." He takes another swing of his beer and exhales sharply. "And you're sure this is going to work and we're not going to go kingdom come like before, yeah?" He smirks a little.

Hyun:"Yes we've done all the testing we possibly could. There is no way we can account for everything but at the very least we would only have to rebuild one sector not half the station." Hyun finishes as he goes back to his screen and begins typing again.

Sunny: "Right. Great work, then. Get some rest when you can, Hyun." He pats him on the back as he turns to leave. "I'll call for the transports to start shipping over the needed supplies. Keep your eyes on the hangar cargo bay storage."

Hyun: Hyun doesn't make any motion as his mind has already delved back in to his work. They were close He could feel it. Hyun tried several different options for the application. They all failed he was working on another when his an electromagnetic pulse accidentally went off and his nanites performed an emergency shut down to keep from being fried. With out the support of nanites sleep washed over him his three days of working on this hit him as though a black hole were sitting directly below him. He grasped for the table and missed falling to the floor. Everything went black and it felt like peace had finally come.

Diata materialized moments later behind Hyun, starting a scan of his body's ''failure'' and monitoring for any 'errors' or things out of the norm. She started to look over and analyses the different options Hyun was working on and archiving them for later use.

Hyun: List: Direct application: Indirect application; Metal sleeve; carbon weave; linear pods; linked pods. To name a few
the primary two that contribute are the metal sleeve and carbon weave.

Jacob: "Hey, are you there?" Jacob entered the room in search of Hyun after he woke up from a quick nap in guest quarters. He found him laying unconscious on the floor, after walking up to him, he kneels down next to him just to lay his right hand down on his shoulder. He carefully starts to shake him in an attempt to wake him up. "Hey man... Are you alright?"

Hyun: Hyun Slowly opens his eyes. Some dry blood from his forehead was crusted on the floor. "Yea I'm fine just forgot to ground that last test when we started. I didn't expect it to make an EMP." He stated as he picked himself up and went to the first aid cabinet.

Jacob: He crosses his arms. "At least the room is properly shielded, and you seem to be okay as well." Still with crossed arms, he followed Hyun to the cabinet. "I wanted to run some tests on my own, unfortunately a headache took me out just before I could start."

Hyun: Hyun laughs, "Sounds like a typical day for us scientists." He finishes with his bandages. "Well lets get started again. I've done a few tests and it is apparent that we will have to make use of a few things. Any ideas from your side?" Hyun asks as he pours some coffee and checks his implants.

Jacob: "I'm coming to think that I might be a bigger help when it comes to robotics..." He stays quiet for a few seconds as if he was trying to temember something while looks at the screen he found Hyun, lying unconscious next to. "No, sorry. No Ideas from my side. I was just thinking about the tests I've wanted to run yesterday remotely on the Altair's Laboratory, but... It looks like you were faster than me on that one."

Hyun: Hyun laughs again this time wincing at the pain his forehead is causing. "Well nanite implants can increase a lot of things when programmed correctly." He finishes. "So I was thinking of a metallic frame with a carbon weave on a moving track that could quickly and efficiently transfer the electronic charge from the Faraday cage to the energy sink."

Jacob: "Sounds like it could work, any Idea on how we're going to construct a prototype?" He again keeps quiet for a few seconds before continuing. "And what about some painkillers?"

Hyun: Hyun looks back at the first aid cabinet and then pulls his arm up. A holographic screen is displayed and Hyun begins typing into it. A couple of seconds later the pain subsides and Hyun seems relatively calmer. "I don't really like to use this but we have work to do." He says in a some what dull tone. "About that I was thinking of a linear hexagonal approach." (insert video clip) "Something along those lines seems to be the best way I have come up with." He finished in the same semi dull tone.

Jacob: Jacob nodded several times as he listened to Hyun. "Got it. So what's next? Need any help with additional machinery, maybe some extra technicians or mechanics? And bear in mind that I'm fairly skilled in robotics myself, this might come in handy." He takes out his Datapad, prepared to take notes on everything Hyun needs.

Hyun: "So we will definately need help with the robotics track for the engine. I would like it to be largely automated." Hyun swipes the blue prints he has in front of him towards the pad in Jacobs hand. "Other than that help with manufacturing the actual panels will be needed."

Jacob: He silently inspects the Blueprint, "That should not take all too long... But it wouldn't be done in a few either, days I suppose. Do you want me to bring some heavy machinery over here? I could get the Altair, it used to be a renzu liner but the whole front section has been replaced by a huge laboratory, this includes quite a big manufacturing facility which might help us... well, to manufacture the parts. What do you think?"

Hyun: "That would be most helpful." Hyun responds as he starts submitting the plans. "We can split the work load between the two manufacturing labs. Whoever gets done first can help the other out." Hyun finishes as he calls up Sunny on his personal comm.

Jacob: "We of course would require an escort out here, a liner is a pretty soft target." He crosses his arm. "We could do something like... A joint operation between the ORG and AFC. But I think that's something I have to discuss with Sunny."

Sunny: A hologram appears from Hyun's arm when Hyun calls him up on his comm.
"Hmm? What's up Hyun? I'm my hangar right now." He says, seeming slightly per-occupied.

Hyun: Jacobs got to talk to you about some protection and then we are ready to start the mechanical manufacturing.

Jacob: "Yes, right. I'm planning on moving one of our ships over to this station to assist with the construction and manufacturing. However, since we still belong to the Order, we are a big target for a lot of ships and with the Altair being an ORG Ship, it would become even more of a target. As a Liner-Class, it isn't that capable to defend itself and since we only have one or two pilots we can spare for this, it would be highly appreciated if you could provide an extra escorts for our Ship."

Sunny: Sunny thought for a moment. "What ship is it, again?"

Jacob: "A Renzu Luxury Liner, it's called 'Altair'."

Sunny: "Ah... never mind, then... thought it had the capacity to jump..." Sunny thought some more. "Yeah, we can arrange something."

Jacob: Jacob nodded with a slight smile, "Good to know, we can discuss the details later if you're occupied right now."

Sunny: "Yeah yeah... Just talk to Hyun and get the specifics figured out. We'll send someone out. No problem." The hologram ends.

Hyun: "So how soon can you send the Altair out?"

Jacob: "The Altair is already preparing to move out. Once the escorts arrive they'll start." He again pulls out his data pad and starts to type something into it. "I will stay aboard this station to make sure everything goes smoothly. The Commander of the Military Wing will be the Captain of the Altair for this mission."

Hyun: "Sounds good We have at least one escort for the mission. Curtis will be flying escort for you."

Jacob: "At least two of my pilots will be flying escort as well, we should be able to repel any minor attacks... Guess we'll be playing the waiting game until they arrive."

Hyun: "That is fine, gives us time to fine tune things on our end." Hyun replies as he pulls up a screen and begins inputting data.
(10-29-2017, 09:32 PM)Walligig Wrote: [ -> ]
.....Incoming Transmission.....

.....Applying Encription Code "889110FIEND" .....

.....Club Member: Eric Zash.....

.....Smuggler Ship Wealth.Maker.....

Greetings, I am happy to report that all of the commodities and materials that myself, my crew, and other club members have been tasked to gather have been transported to Blackhack Hanger and should all be accounted for. Some of these items where more difficult to acquire then others. Roger had connections in the Edge Worlds and Kendra has ties to Gallia so all these items were eventually obtained. I won't take all the credit though as I had help from other Club members as well. All the items we gathered were personally inspected by Kendra and myself so they should be in fairly good condition. Maybe a little bit of wear and tear from the long travel distances, but they should be serviceable. before I end this let me just confirm the list.

13000 Nanotubes

[Image: ilajgn.png]

13000 Bio-Neural Processors

[Image: gfeSNd.png]

13000 Lanthanum

[Image: screen16.png]

13000 Palladium

[Image: 4fMlCa.png]

13000 Nano-capacitors

We seemed to have lost our sensor data on the Capacitors, but it was all accounted for and should be on the inventory Manifest. I hope all of this meets with your necessities. I looked forward to payment, and our next job.

.....Terminating Transmission.....

[Image: bUtltM8.jpg?1]
[Image: oR1jLR0.jpg]
[Image: SnozCyV.jpg]
[Image: g2omK3o.jpg]
[Image: DLd1pSg.jpg]
Pages: 1 2