Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My take on the "This Community Sucks" Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"This community sucks"

It's a statement I see has caught on some more traction as of late. I've seen it discussed in several chats I am in, though from all of this and all of the discussions, we have to conclude 1 thing:

The people that say this community sucks is not just a small group. It's more people that I can count on my fingers. So it there are that many people then there must be a bright light ahead, right? I mean, surely these people can make a difference and make the community a better place, right?

The thing about this is that (I am talking in general) these people have a set amount of ... 'moral' ... that they can take. We've seen in the latest leaving thread that the 'moral' depleted. The 'potential to make disco great again' has burnt out. The point I am making is that everyone that is in the position to say that "this community sucks" is also in the position to do something about it. Acceptance is the first step to change, right?

If there is a lot of people that think the community sucks, then that means there is a lot of people in the same mindset. Are they willing to work together and overcome these problems we are facing? Right now, it looks like everyone (for the most part) is in their own isolated box. We need to be fully aware that we are not alone here. If we feel alone in our views, it will be easier to burn out.

TLDR; Lets do something about it. We have the numbers!

I hope I'm making sense here with my rambling. It's early in the morning for me.... cheers.
This community is great!
Totally agree with you. This community is great, we just try to stymy each other too much.

98% of that would be people to stop making snide comments in skype about other people's RP, and using faction diplo' as an Oorp weapon.
Meh.Community is nice but trollers and other guys who break the server rules break all the fun.
We already made changes. We are here now.

Like I said already in the other thread: the community swallowed that cyanide pill itself - willingly - but does not want to admit it.
(03-21-2017, 01:50 PM)Calo Wrote: [ -> ]We already made changes. We are here now.

Like I said already in the other thread: the community swallowed that cyanide pill itself - willingly - but does not want to admit it.

You dont get my point.
My point is that if there are people that say the community sucks, then there is potential to imporve the community from those people.
The people that see the problem can help to fix it, it one way or another.

At the very least, become an example around everyone else. Become that person you inspire others to be. Others will see the difference between night and day.
Biggest help would for various factions to stop memeing about how the RP of one group or player, or another, is illegitimate.

Auxesia both gives and takes, K'hara gives and takes, Gaians give and take, Oracles give and take, Blood dragons give and take, Order give and take, Commune gives and takes, AFC gives and takes, everyone gives and takes. I can guarantee that if an OFL has an interaction that becomes predictable, of any sort, people will create conspiracy.

Why?

People spend lots of time complaining about factions they do not have control over. I've done it, I will probably still do it to some degree, but I'm trying to cut it down.

There are systems that do need to be unstuck in Discovery and inefficiencies which it would help to unclog. Wasting time accusing each other's RP of being dumb, is silly, creates attitudes with are Oorp by nature, and self-perpetuates.

Staaahp it.

TL-DR: Oorp antagonism makes you look bad and drops your activity, and OFLs should actively try to nip it when you see you, or your members, doing it. Debate with them if you need to. Nobody is out to get anybody else.
(03-21-2017, 01:52 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]At the very least, become an example around everyone else. Become that person you inspire others to be. Others will see the difference between night and day.

I would do that, if I hadn't been hounded all over and end up devoid of any will to do anything to help or even put any effort into roleplay at all - because other people killed that will. What bothers me most is the fact that got kicked into face like no other person ever was in whole existence of this community. What does he feel is truly nowhere close of my combined sour: failed 343 into which I put a lot of effort and my best pre-2016 characters abandoned due to continous trolling - both of which were demotivating enough.
(03-21-2017, 01:57 PM)Tanith Wrote: [ -> ]Biggest help would for various factions to stop memeing about how the RP of one group or player, or another, is illegitimate.

Auxesia both gives and takes, K'hara gives and takes, Gaians give and take, Oracles give and take, Blood dragons give and take, Order give and take, Commune gives and takes, AFC gives and takes, everyone gives and takes. I can guarantee that if an OFL has an interaction that becomes predictable, of any sort, people will create conspiracy.

Why?

People spend lots of time complaining about factions they do not have control over. I've done it, I will probably still do it to some degree, but I'm trying to cut it down.

There are systems that do need to be unstuck in Discovery and inefficiencies which it would help to unclog. Wasting time accusing each other's RP of being dumb, is silly, creates attitudes with are Oorp by nature, and self-perpetuates.

Staaahp it.

TL-DR: Oorp antagonism makes you look bad and drops your activity, and OFLs should actively try to nip it when you see you, or your members, doing it. Debate with them if you need to. Nobody is out to get anybody else.

You are right here somehow.Too many factions arguing and having inrp and oorp hate.This is a game after all, a game made for fun.Not a battlefield of insults and bad behaviours.
This Community is awesome and I love it, forget the ooRP hate and concentrate on positive aspects and roleplay, it is just like with the news in the world, we live in such a peaceful time but due to global reports we just see everything in a bad light. Have fun, do RP, do faction stuff, make friends, fly together, use what this game gives you to CREATE and not to destroy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5