Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BHG Allying With Unlawfuls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Suppose a Bounty Hunter is kicking around the Omegas when he is set upon by a couple of OPG Corsairs. Now, he's convinced he's toast, but out of the corner of his eye he sees a Hessian player approaching. What is he allowed to do?

a) Privately tell the Hessian player "Listen, buddy, I don't like you and you don't like me, but we both hate the Corsairs, so howsabout you help me clean up this particular infestation and we can peacefully go our separate ways"?
b) Offer the same deal to the OPG he's fighting?
c) Or simply get thoroughly trounced by the OPG and watch as the Hessian and the Corsairs turn on one another?
Opposing forces working together for the destruction of a common enemy.
Done it myself a few times, Xeno allied with LN in the destruction of nomads
Molly allied with BAF to fight off corsairs
Blood Dragon allied with KNF to destroy a terrorist (sorry mon'star)
In my experience two local enemies have always joined forces to fight a intruder to their home turf before turning on themselves
Given that you were a Bounty Hunter i'm surprised the Corsair and Hessian didn't team up to get you out of the way first.
C.

In my RHA capacity I've watched couple of times with RP amusement Corsairs and Hunters tear eachother up in Omegas. Cheering them on.

And if the victorious party would be too strong for me to take on, I have turned tail.;)

But that's just me.

I think using common sense here would solve the problem. If the Hessian sees fit to engage the Corsairs, to make the odds more preferable to him, he can do that. But IMO no verbal deal should be made. How the RP plays out after the battle is a different matter. Well, the bounty hunter can try to plead for help, but not in PMs I think.

The whole scenario offers great RP opportunity to everyone involved if they all decide to play along. But an alliance is a no-go in my opinion. If the offer is made I think it should be turned down. BUT an offer of reward could make a good RP excuse for the Hessian to bail out the BH. Since Hessian needs the BH to be alive to receive the reward, so he can not engage him after getting rid off of those OPG.

And if the Hessian would actually engage (with his or her own volition), I would leave him hanging as a BH there, and make my own escape. The fool deserves what is coming, right?

The point is that this kind of situation is very good to breathe new life into old "engaging" RP. If the OPG (in your example) would have any eye for the situation, they would ease up the killing of you and play along. Use your common sense, make sure everybody is sorta ok with the deal and have fun.

And as RHA we have allied with RM against a common Corsair threat. But that's a bit different I think. Kindred put it very succinctly: house locals can and have teamed up against an outside threat. But I can't see any real reason e.g. OC and Corsairs to ever team up except and Nomad invasion threatening the extinguish the whole human race.
Its a tough call in that situation. I'd probably say the corsairs and hessians would be more likely to ally against the bounty hunter and then turn around and slaughter each other than for either one to ally with the BH.

However, in some situations it's necessary - for example, when we fought the keepers in omicron delta last night the order was severely outgunned and outnumbered, so we made a quick pact with a bounty hunter in the area to get his assistance... we still got slaughtered, but had we won the fight against the keepers we probably would have had to fight off the hunter afterwards =P
All 3 of those situations could happen, but the most likely would be Hessian and Corsair vs. BH. Then again, I've never seen any RHA have problems with the BH, so I suppose Hessian and BH vs. Corsair could be just as likely, but I'm not sure.

Corsair and BH vs. Hessian? It COULD happen, but it would be very unlikely, as the Corsairs absolutely DESPISE the BH.
I'm afraid that the BH is the most hated group in that bunch... I'd just prepare to suck vacuum if I were you.

Now, other odd pairings are certainly possible depending on the circumstances, though. I remember when I was dueling an LPI on my Xeno a while back, and a Hogosha cruiser showed up to crash the party. The LPI guy and I teamed up, ran the Hogosha off, then went right back to trying to kill each other.
I think This one side or face of RP......This thing happen in real world so why not in game..............RP on higher level i think
depend on situation:

if there is sair cruiser, me in bomber and hunter in bomber...I'll try to kill cruiser togeather with hunter.
if there is BH cruiser, me in bomber and sair in bomber.... I'll try to kill cruiser togeather with sair.
_____

but

_____

same situation and me in VHF = I'll wait fleeing bomber next to nearest JH and kill him there hehe (of corse only if he isnt followed by that cruiser because it is too unfair in my view).

_____

but

_____

If I find fighting BH fighter and sair fighter... I'll stay away for a while out from battle and wait till they show who is weaker... than I'll try to kill stronger one because weaker of them is smaller danger for me after fight and much more easier target in 1 vs 1.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Temporarily;)
' Wrote:The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Temporarily;)

:DYep, as long as we have the same enemy.

And i'd go for...

D) Wait for Corsairs and Hessians to tear each other apart, and then, if odds are favourable, clean the area.
If not, just go on your merry way.
Pages: 1 2