Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CD damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am curious why CDs have damage...
On most ships it may not really affect you too much but I've realized that if you are fighting against a light fighter that spamming CDs actually does significant damage results. All you need to do is drop their weak shields and then spam.

Its kind of not fair tbh.

I also always feel kind of dirty ending s fight with a CD too. I dunno about anyone else but its just a thing that you cannot dodge from. It takes little skill to end the fight this way.

Would it be viable do ask to lower the damage done by CDs please? Have them disrupt things. Not give damage.
That would make it so you couldn't use CDs on mines or torpedoes. So no.
Then increase hull on light fighters so that CD spam to bring down hull isn't such a viable option as it is now.
Then light fighters wouldn't be paper thin, which is kinda the entire point in them.
I think the bigger problem of CDs is that they disrupt your engine kill. Not only does it not make sense from a logical perspective, since they are supposed to disrupt your engine and not restart them, it also makes the snub PvP feel really shallow if compared to HHC. People might believe that vanilla PvP might not offer much, given that it is infinitely firing Eagles with Nomad guns, but actually trained skills like early turning and strafe torpedoes were really satisfying to utilize, and have been completely cut out here on Disco. It's really one of the reasons why I don't enjoy Disco's PvP as much as I could.
Shield run then? Activate CMs? Press F? Let them waste their CDs and run? Fight them back if it's a 1v1? Early turn VHFs?

Also, I don't think it can be made to not disrupt Engine Kills either.
(03-23-2017, 05:41 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Shield run then? Activate CMs? Press F? Let them waste their CDs and run? Fight them back if it's a 1v1? Early turn VHFs?

Also, I don't think it can be made to not disrupt Engine Kills either.

cd spam is most effective in a gank.
It actually can be turned off rather easily, Nyx, which is why I don't understand why it's a thing.
(03-23-2017, 05:33 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]I am curious why CDs have damage...

when an object hits another object no matter how big or small it leaves damage... The amount of damage in comparison is small depending on the size. Since CD's are relatively small they do small amounts of damage. This is basic Physics. Also, take into consideration this is a mini rocket propelled into space at great speeds... you really think it does no damage???
(03-23-2017, 05:43 AM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]It actually can be turned off rather easily, Nyx, which is why I don't understand why it's a thing.

Because if you're running away, and trying to evade players, you hit EK and then turn around/CD them/float away until they're out of range and start up cruise before they do because they're suffering from the 5 second cooldown and can't CD you back? To stop people doing really long EKs?

I don't know for sure, but I'd like to imagine that's part of it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5