Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lucid Dreams: Post yours here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier tonight, the topic of lucid dreams came up in the shoutbox, & since they've been a fascination & study hobby of mine for a long time now, I'd like to hear about yours if you'd like to share.

For those that don't know, unlike a vivid dream, a lucid dream specifically begins when something happens within the dream that makes you wakefully conscious within the dream while you're still asleep. Most often, the excitement of becoming lucid will wake a person up pretty quick, but those moments of lucidity that do happen before waking can be extremely memorable.

Those are the moments I'd like to discuss with ya.

For example, just to relay what I shoutboxed earlier, the 1st one I ever had, I was minding my own business while swimming about 5 feet off the floor in some school gym in California. In the dream, it was perfectly logical that I would cross the floor by swimming through the air, but something clicked & I said to myself, "Wait. What the f*** am I doing in California?" It was at that moment I went lucid & realized I was dreaming.

Coolest.rush.ever.

I started to think about all the matrix-type stuff I could do, & got so psyched up about all the possibilities, that the adrenaline woke me up.

After that, over the years, learning more about lucid dreaming & trying to have more of them became one of my minor hobbies.

Since I happened to notice it coming up in the shoutbox at random, my brain is cranking on it again & I figured making a thread about it might turn out to be a fun & interesting thing.

So, c'mon...spill it Smile
I've had a few, but my most memorable one so far was after I had started watching Sword Art Online. Needless to say, I dreamt I was in such a Situation, fighting a Boss - for some reason some Hydra. The fight actually reminded me of the one Hercules had with the Hydra in the Disney movie - until I realised "I wonder why I'm using a two-hander, I'd much rather have a scythe" in which it turned into. That's when I took control, and before the killing blow I woke up.
Been waiting for one of those again for quite some time now ^^
Had a dream in a bathroom, became aware and decided to pee after having a full bladder sensation in the dream, then pushed and ended up wetting the bed. I was 8 years old.
Have you had sleep paralyses before?

Yeah that stuff is scary...
(03-24-2017, 01:45 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had sleep paralyses before?

Experienced this. Since then, I don't sleep on my back... for already some few years.

Just don't sleep on your back.
(03-24-2017, 02:38 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-24-2017, 01:45 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had sleep paralyses before?

Experienced this. Since then, I don't sleep on my back... for already some few years.

Just don't sleep on your back.

I don't know, its either a chance of sleep paralysis or having big bags under the eyes in the morning from laying face down.

Yeah, I have a few times, but never more than 2 or 3 seconds. I've heard stories of people being stuck in paralysis for a minute or more & I imagine that if I felt it for that long, I'd probably freak out.

Overall though, sleep paralysis happens to everyone every night. it's the brains way to shut off our muscles during REM sleep to keep us from acting out whatever it is we're dreaming about...those few times I felt a taste of it myself was when my alarm clock went off & woke me during my REM sleep.

Anyway, One of the Disco-related lucids I had was pretty damn cool 'cause it seemed to last a while

First though, just a little needed info...back when I was newish, I was trying to figure out how to play a Gaian & I hated the whole hippie/pirate thing that was the norm at the time, so I decided that any Gaian I play would be station born & would never have spent any significant time living in a truly natural environment.

I liked the idea of environmental extremists that grew up in unnatural environments, so I used Islay as a home base for a segregated cavernous biosphere that mimicked a natural environment through artificial means so that I could explore the concept without people thinking I was trying to hijack the NPC faction or the way others played their characters.

So, after a week or two developing the idea of the Beergarden in my head, I went lucid while dreaming about it & ended up taking a tour of the place...ever since that night, I've always been able to picture the place perfectly.

I was sitting at a table across from one of my characters & when I realized where I was, I went lucid...& since my character didn't seem to notice I was there, I thought, why not just drift around as a mote of dust?

Well, my subconscious had a better idea. I became a molecule of oxygen & my character breathed me into her lungs. She converted me into carbon dioxide & exhaled.

I summoned up a draft that would lift me up for an overview of the cavern & took a good long look...I was then sucked into the ventilation system & learned how the air was cooled. I came out in another cavern covered in plant life & while there, I was absorbed by a tendril of ivy & converted back into oxygen.

I weaved my way between all the people walking back & forth, taking mental photos of everything I wanted to write down when I woke up, & ended up back where I started.

I was floating in front of my character again, trying to figure out a way to make her talk. when she inhaled to speak, I was sucked back in just like before, only this time, as I was speeding towards her lungs, by the time I reached the middle of her throat, that common falling feeling jolted me awake.
CATATONIC FRUSTRATION INBOUND DODGE FOR SAFETY
Yeah. That makes sense.

All your base are magnolia caboose babys***. Can ah git an Amen?!

This isn't flood, dude.

It appears you need a nap. Take one.

...if you happen to have a lucid dream during that time, then you're more than welcome to post about it here.