Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Daumann Heavy Construction ID Clarification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well , I've been wondering , What those 2 parts actually mean ???!!

1- It has a partnership with Republican Shipping And competes with BMM and the Independent Miner Guild .
2- Daumann Often uses mercenaries to attack competetion and protects its interest.
3- Can Engage in piracy against BMM and IMGs in the Omegas ONLY.
4- ZoI , Rheinland , Saar , Omega 3 , Omega 7 , Omega 9 and Omega 11 .

I don't understand those 4 lines very well to be honest .
1 - What does "Compete" mean?
2- I know our reputation with IMGs is unfriendly , we can't use their bases... But what about BMMs? I wonder why is the most profitable price for Aluminium Ore which is exclusively mined by DHC is sold on a BMM base that competes us .
3-If i can act piracy within Omegas , This might explain base " Rugen " owned by DHC , And base "Douglas" owned by BMM , .... That doesn't mean i can act piracy against them except by the mean of hiring a mercenary ?
4- Why are "Saar" and "Omega 9" included within our Zone of Influence ??? What do we own there?

Sorry about my English , Hope you understood my questions .
Ahoy Mate! It's actually quite simple.
Daumann being kinda' the Rheinland equivalent of BMM natually doesn't take kindly of another corporation mining next door. They do have some common mining Zones in the Omegas, so obviosly you're gonna have a tough time mining there when BMM or IMG privateers are around (thugh i'd be more worried about Sairs and Hessies if i were you).
Alomst every mining corporation hates IMG - for them they're the pest, going about the fields and filling their pockets when noone is looking. Naturally there's gonna be antagonism here.
Daumann hires own priveteers and security personell to ensure safe conduct in their ZOI. As Daumann fighter/bomber pilot your role is not only to see to it that Daumann transports get places safe and sound, but also that any rival company or pirate miners (like generic ones) stay away from the fields.
In the Omegas you can fell free to go all "ARR, drop your cargo or i'll make Krautsalat out of you" against said BMM and IMG, who have interrest in the same resources. So when you see a Shetland with BMM tag, pirate the crap out of it. In this respect your character becomes no better then the scumbag Hessie, as long as you stick to the Omega ZOI.
Saar is no more, so the description is kinda' outdated. Omega 9 is just part of the ZOI - there's nothing there but you can pirate IMG and BMM if encounterd. You're facton doesn't have to own assets in a given system to have influence there.

If i'm mistaken, please put me out of my misery Wink