Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My Idea For Goods Market....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Living Market

So Me and My Brother Were Talking about that.

So We come to solution that "Could" Work For Changing Prices....
So If One goodie Is Not buying Often It Price Will Rise. And If it got A lot of buyers-SEllers. It Price Will Go down. So That would Be interest of New Trading routes. Or mining Operations.

Do you like This Idea?

But First I need to know.

Will The Server Files Affect Other Files.

Or It will remain Same. So I think FLhook Can do That.

So here Is A process.
I know A program with wich you can change Numbers Of FILE.... It search For it. So This Program will find out Where are goods Prices. Then It will change it. Becose Of up Text.... So But One guy Can't do this Alone. So Someone Will create A new Program Wich will do This Automatic. Server maybe got a Console Of What Are players Doing So It will see wich Godie Is Buying The most and Wich not. That program Will Know That.

So Program WIll change Godies Prices And Everything Will Be OK. So This Will Become A
LIVING MARKET. No need of Updates Now. This Will Even Open New Trading Routes Or Close Trading Routes. trading factions Will have MORE RP Now.

But I Need to Know If Server Files Affect PC files Of Player?
So That is my Question... Only.

So Any Options?

I hope This Is OK
I think this would rather unbalance than balance the game.

All houses landed on diffrent places in Sirius. Those pleace have diffrent goods. Like Bretonia landed on sector wich have much vareity of diffrent metals, Kusari has fuel, outcasts cardamine.

YOu see but all houses always need some sord of comidity. Always. You can't build up a ship only from metal and fly it without fuel, or get sip hull panels from cardamine. So these routes must stay forever. Houses always will need to trade for the same good no matter how much they gain it from other houses. Becouse they always lack it.

This only my opinion, maybe other have other opinions.

(Hmz.. i still dont think that this is possible to do with the mod)
You would have to change certain files within both player side and server side im guessing. Apart from it being a lot of work to impliment i would be guessing, but in my opinion i don't think a fully dynamic marketplace would work very well in freelancer.
From my knowledge of modding, changing commodity prices etc only takes effect when you start the game up again, same goes for ship prices etc and generally anything you buy or sell.

So commodity prices wouldn't change for someone untill they started their game up again. Which meant if they didn't start their game again and the server files changed, the anti-cheat system would kick in.
Even if you could somehow find a way to let the anti-cheat ignore that and warn the people about their different prices, it would be very open to abuse.

An auto-patcher that updated every time you loaded up your game would do the job. Any updates released while people are playing would mean people are given 5 minutes to re-start their game and kicked if they don't within those 5 minutes.
To stop people rejoining with the out-of-date version you simply change the version number.
This is great idea but not sure it can be done, if files change after restart it can be changed once a estart, but there were another idea, and i heard that there is already a system for the new mod
somthing that will atract more rp to trading and power traders wont be a comon thing (hoping really hoping )
IMO the price you have to pay should be based on your reputation....
Simple and effective. Not a very dynamic economy, but still interesting.
' Wrote:IMO the price you have to pay should be based on your reputation....
Simple and effective. Not a very dynamic economy, but still interesting.

This truely should be intresing. As an outcast smuggler would try to sell cardamine in Liberty?..
:laugh:

That would add never befor seen RP possibilities...
Now smugglers would need a fence to sell their goods.
I WANT THIS !!!

I first thought about buying only (as it is in Flak) but this sounds very good...
Would also limit powertrading...
Linkus your Post was Intresting. Auto Patcher could be used once per day or once per 3 days.

That could give players enough time to log-off And Finish battles.

So I will try to make this project living.

Anyone Help?
Bearing in mind that every player would have to download the updates and it would change peoples versions of the mod, but this probably has FLMM problems, not to mention people would be lazy and just go on a different server.

I am not against it, but its just a fine line of it working brilliantly, or failing badly. I would help if i could, but i doubt i could do anything.
Pages: 1 2