Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: E-mail validation enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've enabled e-mail validation for every newly registered members while moving board to another host.

I hope this will partially help to stop spam, cause number of spam posts was growing too rapidly in the recent weeks. Moderators are aware of this, but they are not always online.

Sorry if validation will cause any inconvenience. I've tested this thing and it works, so for most users everything should be fine.
Yessss, wise move Igiss. I almost suggested it last week but it seems once again you're on the ball already :0)
Igiss,Aug 27 2006, 02:38 AM Wrote:I've enabled e-mail validation for every newly registered members while moving board to another host.

I hope this will partially help to stop spam, cause number of spam posts was growing too rapidly in the recent weeks. Moderators are aware of this, but they are not always online.

Sorry if validation will cause any inconvenience. I've tested this thing and it works, so for most users everything should be fine.
[snapback]32281[/snapback]

Sorry to trouble, Igiss, but created a "new" account for the forums yesterday. Still awaiting email validation.

P/M me if you need the details of the new acct.

Thx,
"Lightfoot"
Lightfoot,Sep 19 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:Sorry to trouble, Igiss, but created a "new" account for the forums yesterday.  Still awaiting email validation.

P/M me if you need the details of the new acct.

Thx,
"Lightfoot"
[snapback]37108[/snapback]

Still waitin'...

Funny thing is, I can "log on" to the new account.. password recognized 'n all..

..I'm just not able to post.

Have tried "resend validation" several times. Still no confirmation e-mail.

BTW... Kudos to all ye Admins for your hard work, and a great place to spend my old age...

Lightfoot/Malaclypse 666
Lightfoot,Sep 21 2006, 11:55 AM Wrote:Still waitin'...

Funny thing is, I can "log on" to the new account.. password recognized 'n all..

..I'm just not able to post. 

Have tried "resend validation" several times.  Still no confirmation e-mail.

BTW...  Kudos to all ye Admins for your hard work, and a great place to spend my old age... 

Lightfoot/Malaclypse 666
[snapback]37593[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick fix, WolfPack.
Now to see if anyone notices my new suit... <g>
Kallisti!